Clean & Clear advantage oil-free Acne Moisturizer

Clean & Clear advantage oil-free Acne Moisturizer

3.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, Steareth 21, Water

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this one and the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. It's a pretty good light, non-greasy formula with a chemical smell (pretty subtle) and a nice, sanitary pump. It's a good moisturizer for day-to-day use under make-up and it doesn't break me out (though I still get the occasional zit if my face becomes too greasy). As the other commenters have noted, if you're looking for a strong moisturizer for dry skin, then look elsewhere. But, if you're mildly greasy and have non-severe acne, this face cream does an alright job for a decent price.

Claims to be: "A light, non-greasy daily moisturizer that contains a breakthrough technology proven to dissolve oil fast, preparing skin so acne medicine can penetrate into the pores. It also delivers a hint of moisture to nourish skin and make it soft."

This is very similar to the Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer (which I have also written a review for). I was comparing the labels on the packaging of these two similar moisturizers and I was confused as to what the difference was in between them. In my review on the Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer I mentioned that my skin "got used" to the product and it no longer made my skin feel smooth and soft after prolonged use (which happens all the time with products so this is nothing new to me). This could be why this product never made my skin feel smooth and soft like the Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer at first. The only differences i found between this product and the Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer were the scent and the consistency. The consistency if thicker for this product, so it is more moisturizing (better for drier skin) and the scent is more of a perfume scent. I prefer the consistency of this product over the Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer, but the scent of this moisturizer is too strong for me. Because of the scent, I would choose Clean-&-Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer than this one.

PROS:
-moisturizing
-lightweight
-contains 0.5% salicylic acid

CONS:
-scent
-doesn't seem to get rid of my facial acne

To Read all 118 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is hands-down the best acne moisturizer I've ever used.

The bottle pumps out the perfect amount for application, you can feel your skin absorbing it after just a few seconds, it's soothing and smooth. It prevents breakouts great and helps diminish breakouts already in process.

The price is good because a little bit goes a long way so this stuff will last a long time.
Overall, a great product I highly recommend.

on 7/1/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My friend gave me this product to try because it didn't work for her but it might work for me. I should have known better as I began to use it, all of a sudden I realized that I had 4-5 zits all over my face ALONG with my existing acne scars. I'm planning to stop using it and hopefully all this clears up but I made no changes in my skin care routine besides this product.

It smells nice, but I noticed that it made my skin feel really tight. I don't really know how I feel about that, I know the acid is supposed to dry out the pimples but my skin feels uncomfortable.

on 5/15/2015 1:49:00 AM

This acne moisturizer smells good and makes my face feel soft.

Since I have acne prone skin, I use a lot of products which dry my skin and needed a moisturizer that wouldn't make me break out. This does de job, I wouldn't recommend it as an "acne reducing product" but it do think it's good for moisturizing without making me break out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I read the label it said it helped prevent break outs. FALSE. It didn't do that for me!!! ANOTHER CLEAN AND CLEAR FAILURE!! But what I do like about it is that it doesn't leave my skin oily. That's about it. Other than that I wouldn't buy it again. I kinda like the smell... If that counts for anything. Wouldn't recommend it though.

on 7/24/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally purchased this product last summer because my skin was a huge oil slick and I wanted to try a lotion that would help fight blemishes during the day as well. Fast forward to now, where I realize that Salicylic Acid really does nothing for my breakouts, but I like this for the nighttime because it's just a little something extra. It doesn't have an overly horrible smell, kind of medicinal if you ask me, but I like it. And the price isn't too bad. I'm on my third bottle of this and it probably will last me a few months.

I like that it's oil-free because I can get super oily and this helps to keep everything in check. Definitely keeping this part of my nightly routine!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super oily skin that has an extremely rough texture. I needed a moisturizer that would smoothen out my skins texture without making me an oily monster. This moisturizer doesn't clear up my active breakouts but it certainly doesn't make them worse. It allows my skin to be really soft and smooth without leaving me dewy or shiny. I wouldn't suggest this for super dry skin because the salicylic acid could dry you out & it probably wouldn't be enough moisture for you anyways seeing as it is non-greasy & oil-free. For me though, it's a skin saver :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This was an okay moisturizer because it didn't really do what it claimed to. It claims to dissolve oil fast, preparing skin so acne medicine can penetrate into the pores. This moisturizer did not clear up my skin but it did lightly moisturized my skin. It has a pleasant scent and was well priced at around $8 usd. I liked the packaging because it didn't leak everywhere and was very sanitary, it didn't dispense too much product. Good if you have normal to slightly oily skin with an occasional breakout every month. Definitely not for me because my skin gets oily within 3 hours, even under the temperature of 6 degrees Celsius.

Update: I have stopped using this because I realized that it doesn't even claim to be non cosmedogenic, which worries me a little