Jilbere de Paris Titanium Tools

No Image

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is for the flat iron** This straightener is the best ive ever tried. I used to take 45 min straightening my long curly hair, it only takes me 15 minutes now. Nothing straightens like this does! i love it and it makes hair silky and shiny. The only downfall on this one is that it snags my hair. So when i use it i try to restrict my sections to 1 1/2 inches so it wont get caught on the sides. I am willing to put u with it becasue it is just an amazing iron. BUT it will snag your hair, so keep that in mind!

on 10/12/2009 10:12:00 PM

This is the ceramic/titanium flat iron and it is awesome! I have wavy/curly hair and this made it shiny, smooth and soft with just one pass. I even went out into rain and my hair didn't kink up or change at all! Fantastic iron!

Great!! great product for a great price! works on every hair type and leaves it very smooth and silky! heats up super fast only downside is that after youre done using it, it takes a long time to cool down but thats not too bad!!

on 8/28/2008 12:46:00 PM

*This review is for the Titanium Tools Flat Iron*

I love this flat iron! It heats up quickly and the frictionless plates glide over my hair. I can curl or straighten, depending on my mood. I can straighten my hair in a few minutes and not worry about frizz.

on 5/8/2008 2:43:00 PM

Titanium Series JBTT5575
Purchased at Marshalls/ TJMaxx for $30

This dryer says 4 heat spd Settings - it does not. The reason I am only giving 3 lips is I think Conair and Revlon have better offerings at this price point. I am keeping it but I wouldn't buy another. I want WARM to be WARM not 2 degress less than HOT.

Big Plusses for the concentrator nozzle which stays on firmly. I love it.
Air Power - There is lots of it on this dryer and a good competitor to the Rusk Speed Freak, which I really want.

Speed= Low or High (this does work)
Heat= Warm or Hot (Warm does not work)
Cool shot button does work, that's a pain to hold down all the time.
1900 watts

Has marketing claims of ceramic and ions and all that other stuff.

Does that work? I have no idea, exactly what science-based study has proven a dryer blows ions and it's better for your hair or dries it faster? I wish the Warm worked.

That would please me more than ions and ceramic titanium technology.

BTW- Youtube has some terrific bow drying instructions.

on 4/7/2008 9:33:00 AM

Oh my, I must say what a GREAT dryer!!!! Now I know how my stylist gets my hair so straight and shiny.....my dryer never would get my hair to that point.....always had to straighten after. I imagine that this is just about as good as the higher priced dryers.....dries my hair so fast, styles much better. I got mine at TJ Maxx for 30.00. Love it.

I bought this dryer on sale from Sally's yesterday for $19.99; it was originally priced at $54. It is lightweight, reasonably quiet, and it dries my hair very quickly. It is the best hair dryer I have ever used, and I have gone through many. This is my first non-drugstore dryer, and I must say I am impressed.

This is for the Jilbere de Paris TITANIUM TOOLS HAIRDRYER, not the red tourmaline one.

I've been coveting the Chi dryer, but can't see spending $$$ on it. I've tried the Revlon, Conair, and Vidal Sassoon dryers with all the ceramic/ionic/tourmaline claims, but they've gone straight back to the store from whence they came. I decided that maybe less is more, so I went with the Jilbere Titanium Tools (the gold hairdryer), sold at Sally Beauty. After using it a few days, and receiving numerous compliments on my hair, I've decided that this little treasure is a keeper. Here's the dilly:

Pros:
It's LIGHTWEIGHT, only 14 ounces. QUIET, not that aggrivating, and I can hear the baby cry and the phone ring over the dryer, that's a good thing. SIMPLE controls- Hot, Warm, Cool, High, Low, plus a Cool Shot button. NOZZLE is narrow, just like the pro dryers (Chi, Solano, etc), it directs the airflow better, I think, so I can dry AND style. POWERFUL at 1900 watts. Plus its got a lint filter.
Cons: Sometimes the toggle get in my way (they're on the front of the handle, not the side). That's the only con I have so far.

In short: I LOVE this hair dryer!! It dries AND styles my hair, and does it fast, leaving it soft and frizz-free, just like after I leave my stylist's chair, for reals. If someone offered to give me a Chi or Solano, I'd say "No thanks, I'm quite happy with my Jilbere." I love it that stinkin much.
It can be found at Sally Beauty for $40; another newer Titanium Tools model (same specs, updated design, according to salesgirl) is $50. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $30. Nonetheless, its still A DEAL for a dryer that I think is quite comparable to Chi or T3 or Solano, only $100 less. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anyone looking for a better-than-drugstore hairdryer but like me isn't able to shell out $$$ for one.

Popular Hair Styling Tools