Everyday Minerals Sunscreen Fair

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 1/14/2008 9:33:00 PM

I add a little bit of sunscreen bronzer to it and it turns into a perfect base for around my eyes for under eyeshadow. But the main reason I do it is because of some sun protection. Like most people I can't use chemical sunscreens around my eyes (it stings!) plus any cream on my lid during the day will melt my makeup away, so this is perfect.

So far like this product. According to EM it has a SPF of 30. Have not had much time to see how much this protects me as I rarely go out in the sun for a long periods of time, especially middle of the day, but this doubles as a light foundation and the fair shade works great as an under eye concealer. I finally broke down and got the Light shade because it works better as an all-over face color. It has a slight peach undertone similar to the Light-warm foundation. Giving it a 3 until I see how well it protects.

on 7/6/2007 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love the color, love the texture, too bad I can't wear it. My face starts to itch about 10-15 minutes after applying this, so its going on the swap list.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product actually works. I put some on my face yesterday before I went out for a 1.5 hour walk. I didn't put sun screen anywhere else. The tops of my shoulders burnt, but my face is fine! I recommend a healthy dusting to ensure maximum coverage, but you don't really have to worry about it looking cakey. I probably put on three layers of the stuff and it still looked natural. The texture is a very fine powder that blends into your skin very well. I will probably use this as my foundation on days that I'm going to be outside and don't need a particularly heavy coverage. When I went on vacation I layered this over my regular EM foundation and I didn't get burned there either.

For shade reference I am fairly pale (I wear Sandy Fair in EM) but they do have several shades so get a sample (free!) and try it for yourself.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Another winner from EM! I wanted a good high SPF sunscreen that didn't cause oilies or add more shine to my already shiny t-zone and this is perfect. I often use this alone on my no-makeup days because it evens things out just enough without looking 'made up', or over my regular foundation (Intensive Golden Fair or warm Neutral) as a finishing powder. Never breaks me out and doesn't break the bank account, either. Thank you EM for bringing us this wonderful line of products!

on 5/16/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wanted to use a sunscreen without chemicals and just dusting this gives me SPF30 with just only 4 ingredients. Sounded like a good deal..... Well it definetly was. This fair sunscreen is perfect for my asian skin tone. The shade is familiar to Multi-task Concealer although I thought this stuff would mess my skin up after foundation application since I use Light Warm and this is just totally another shade I buffed this stuff on and wow my skin seemed to look better more flawless and blends in well with with the foundation I was using. Also using this alone made my skin tone even well. And I'm happy that I'm getting the added sun protection. The only thing i didn't like was probably the added ingredient of silicone this makes the powder into a creamy paste when you swirl your brush in it. I would definetly re-purchase well infast i'm already stocked up on 3 jars..... The packaging can be better since most of Everyday Mineral jars are not tightly sealed when they arrived so be careful wehn using!!!