Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush in All Over Shimmer - 832D [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/31/2009 5:23:00 AM

I was sad to hear this is discontinued. I use this shimmery very light pink shade as a highlighter on my eye when I am wearing cool eye colors. It is one of my staples. Luckily the amount that I have will last for quite some time.

I bought both this and Acapulco Glow, because I've heard many stories on how great this product is. I honestly don't see the appeal honestly. This is a cool pink/ silver shimmer that goes onto my skin as a white-ish color.

It's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but this really reminds me of something from the 80's. When I compare this to the warmer toned Acapulco Glow - there is no question who wins. I can only see myself wearing this at night to clubs - which is something I really don't do. Acapulco Glow is much better for everyday wear. More natural.

I'm a NC 25 with neutral undertones

on 6/1/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this as much as I love my Acapulco glow. This is like Benefit Moon beam except cheaper. It gives me a fresh faced look in the winter. The shimmer isn't intensely glitterly it's more of a lit from within look. If it wasn't discontinued I would definitely repurchase.

Packaging is like all the other WNW blush/bronzer products, cheap, ugly but high quality makeup inside. Be careful with this one drop could mean it shatters.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think this deserves a 2.5. I've liked most of Wet n Wild products I've tried but is not one of them. It's not that bad but not great either. I can see it working on lighter skin tones but on my naturally tanned skin (NC40-42ish), this highlighter is not flattering. On me, it's looks a bit grey even when applied gently with a skunk/stippling brush and it totally accentuates my pores. My pores are small but this makes my pores look gigantic! I also feel that the shimmer particles can appear too large for my liking. I have found another Wet n Wild highlighter that looks much better on me. It is the Acapulco Glow!

I'm so sad this is DC'ed, but this will last me a long time. This is a fantastic product by Wet 'n Wild, once again. It is a pinky silver based highlighter. Not many drugstore brands make highlighters, so this is a great find. The shimmer is very fine, and is not over the top at all on. This would be great for cool toned skin, as well as warm or neutral. For a gold based highlighter, Wet 'n Wild makes a "bronzer" (but it's definitely as light as a highlighter) called Acapulco Glow.
Anyways, All Over Shimmer is as great as the hype. If you can still get a hold of it, get it! It's cheap, and it's good! I got it for 70 cents for sale at Rite Aid. It was on super clearance, as it's being DC'ed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this on sale. Absolutely love it! Finely-milled shimmer with velvety feel that rivals high-end brands, with the price of a drugstore brand! Been on the search for this shade/feel from high-end & low-end.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

It is with great regret that I write this raving review, as AOS has recently been discontinued. Nono, I'm not trying to taunt you, I hear you US ladies can still find it on some drugstore racks, Cdn ladies can check out the big Zellers/Walmart locations. Plus you could always try swapping & ebay.

This highlighter is a slightly-pinkish-beige flesh colour with a cool undertone and silvery sheen, so it may not be ideal for dark/golden toned ladies. It's quite finely milled, no visible particles that are bigger than others so even application is easy to achieve. A powder or skunk brush would work best.

So the colour's great, but I'm sure you're wondering about the wearing power, as that's usually the biggest weakness with drugstore makeup. I'm pleased to say that it lasts 7, 8 hours no problem (without oiliness or sweating). On hot, oily days, it lasts around 4, 5 hours. To me this wearing power is on par with most high-end brands.

The brush it came with was useless - size too small (~ average thumb) for a highlighting job, and bristles too flimsy to be able to transfer any product. This is to be expected of a $4 product so I don't hold it against them.

You know it's true love when a woman finds her phlegm-coughing sick boyfriend ravishing, and you know it's true love when a woman tenderly tapes up her broken janky compact, checking the edges are symmetrical and nice :)

continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product certianly does what's intended. It gives a "glow" without a bunch of huge glitter. This stuff just makes me look washed out and unhealthy which is pretty much the opposite of what I wanted. Good thing I only spent about 75 cents on it.

on 3/22/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this highlighter, and thats exactly what it is, regardless of it being under the WnW category of blush. Its wonderful for us cool toned PPPs....I've not found anything else I like as much. Its not over the top, just a good subtle glow.

Unfortunately, WnW HAS discontinued this

STOCK UP NOW!!!

on 3/12/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very good highlighter and shimmer product. It just gives a light shimmer w/out the chunky glitter look. Kind of hard to find though. Very inexpensive and totally worth repurchasing.