MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush

MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush

3.9

on 4/3/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my second favourite blush brush next to my Bobbi Brown blush brush. This brush picks up a lot of product so I wouldn't use it with an extremely pigmented brush. It can be a little scratchy at times also. Still a great blush brush.

on 3/28/2016 7:06:00 AM

Warning - Awful quality, worst shredding brush I ever owned! Look at the picture of the shredding I added.

I bought this brush spring 2016 in Tallinn based on good reviews. I was looking for a quality powder brush. When I first felt is at the store, it felt so soft, perfect size and good packaging. It looks very luxurious. I wanted to love it but it just feels so cheap and the shredding is just awful.

To Read all 255 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have the 116, which I love, love, love - but I started wearing Whole Lotta Love (which is my HG blush), and while the 116 is great with it, the blush is very pigmented and I have to be kind of careful with the 116. I had bought this a few years ago, at a different retailer than the MAC store, and I found it a little pokey and too big, so I returned it. But I thought I would give it another shot since the 116 can be a little dramatic with WLL. I picked it up from the MAC store, and I'm in love. It's soft and yet, has some body, so it's not so fluffy that the blush is flying all over my small cheeks. I would describe the bristles as silky. I've used it for a few months, and I don't think I've had one hair shed. I still love my 116 and use it when I want my blush to be more dramatic, but this gives me a more natural flush. Great purchase.

on 11/17/2015 12:53:00 AM

It sheds. Everytime I use it, I have brush hair in my face. I don't like this brush even though I'm a beginner.

on 1/23/2015 4:37:00 AM

I got to stick up for my brush.I bought the full size 129 and love it to evenly apply my studio fix powder nw25 over my studio sculpt foundation.

on 10/7/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this brush. I use it for blusher as i prefer a natural blush look. It helps to gradually add color so i dont look like a clown. The bristles are soft and mine dont shed at all. I clean it weekly with baby shampoo and it stays soft. As most MAC brushes, the number tend to dissappear after a while, so i use clear nail polish and paint on top of the number.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I don't know why I didn't do a quick makeupalley review check while standing in MAC looking at brushes. Needless to say, I'd have not purchased it if I'd checked here first. I got home and tried this brush out with one of my recent blush purchases and it was already shedding! I even told the sales associate I was looking for a replacement that didn't shed and this is what she recommended. I went back to MAC the same day after trying it and told her how I only tried it once and it was shedding hairs on my face. What she told me was that some MAC brushes are over packed with hair and it's to be expected to have some shedding and after a few uses it would stop. Well I took the brush back home with me and jumped on here to read the reviews. Someone stated her brush still sheds after 3 years, I find that absolutely ridiculous. Expensive brushes should be investment pieces to last a long time, to have shedding after one use, let alone someone experiencing it after 3 years is unacceptable. The shedding changes the shape and density of the hairs overtime. If MAC intended for the brush to be over packed to shed from the beginning then why not just add less hair while still keeping the appropriate balance, density, and shape of the brush? Even when the SA showed me her 129 in comparison to the new one purchased, she had a more tapered tip, the shape was completely different, more flat and sparse. I'm going to return mine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this brush. I normally like Mac's brushes though i do find them overpriced. This brush sheds like crazy. It's so hard to use because every time i powder my face it's covered in black hairs after. I think it holds on the product really well and spreads it around my face evenly but the shedding is too much. If i lost this brush i wouldn't repurchase. You're better to go with a sigma or coastal scents brush.

on 1/30/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so torn between how many stars to give this. I decided on two for a couple of reasons. I think this a good blush brush, I had used it exclusively for three years, but it's not the best blush brush. First, it does tend to shed hairs when you first buy it, but that stops over time, now it may shed one hair every few uses, but that it is still unacceptable after three years. I find that with more pigmented blushes (especially those that have a certain firmer texture), I had to blend for far too long. With normal blushes, it was great, but it's just never been a soft brush and that is key to me. Even when I first purchased this, this wasn't the softest MAC brush I've owned. In fact, the hairs down right poked my face right from the beginning, and now it's scratchy compared to what I've replaced it with. With light blushes, I really had to pack on the pigment, by going back into the pan two to three times, which just furthered the discomfort my face felt from the hairs. When I was starting out investing in brushes, MAC was affordable and accessible for me. However, I have slowly replaced most of my MAC brushes for softer, more quality alternatives. Even if you are a makeup beginner, I recommend researching Hakuhodo brushes, the prices for their basic series face brushes are similar and some even less expensive than MAC. I personally recommend the J series (uncut white goat hair, amazingly soft), especially the eye brushes, which are cheaper than MAC and much better quality.

on 1/30/2014 2:06:00 PM

I bought this brush ages ago (probably over 10 years) and it's shed from day one. I don't often wear blush, so I have likely only used it as much as a daily blush wearer would have for 1-2 years. I generally like it as it applies powder blush well, but it does leave a bristle or two on my face every time I use it, and when I wash it, a couple will fall out, too. I haven't used it as a powder brush, as I think it's a bit too small for that purpose. I wouldn't repurchase this brush due to the shedding, but on the other hand, I can't bring myself to replace it yet since it still works very well. As much as it has shed, it still seems quite full!

Popular Makeup Brushes