Estee Lauder Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

on 5/22/2016 10:51:00 AM

I will begin this review by saying ..take many Tuscan Leather reviews online with a pinch of salt !

I have read so many reviews describing this scent to exaggerated levels regarding the leather butchiness, the similarity to a certain drug ... this and that and all kinds of strange things.
You really need to go and try this out for yourself and take previous reviews with a pinch of salt. This is exactly what I did.

As with the name .. yes Tuscan Leather begins with the most beautiful leather ..nothing scary or even over the top. Not new leather or old leather but a certain sort of upmarket plush leather .Very wearable.
It is diffusive and actually melds on skin very well . About half an hour later, a fruitiness enters and it gives TL a bit of a chypre feel mixed with an ashy tone - grey ... if I had to visualise this in color .. the only way I can describe it. ( The same way Hermes Gentiane Blanche has an ashy tone ) So the effect is cool, grey leather with a rounded fruit touch I guess.

Further along the drydown ,the leather becomes v subtle and I am left with a slight fruity and woody scent. This is TL at its tamest but it is never boring !

Very Unisex .
Tenacious in the way I like perfume to be but not loud .

Tuscan Leather is a very interesting scent in its evolution and its smell , its character.
Ladies, do not let the name put you off or the reviews saying this is a masculine scent for men only. This is NO Bandit by Piguet . This is a beautiful and elegant leather scent on women.
BTW- the dry down smells a bit like Aromatics Elixir by Clinique . Very good.

on 9/13/2015 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tuscan Leather is a beautiful, linear fragrance. Huge sillage that will fill any room, enormous longetivity and it smells like one expensive car seat. Lots of compliments to be expected!

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

I HATED the top notes, which turned acrid on me. But the drydown was worth it: it's dirty and butch and sexy all at once. It lasted all day on me and although I wouldn't wear it as a regular fragrance, it was interesting conceptually. One thing I'd note is that it doesn't smell like pure leather at all, which I had been hoping for, but this is a very interesting composition.

on 10/26/2012 2:14:00 PM

Doesn't take much of this one to make an impression. It's one of those where the tiny sample vial may in fact be all you need for a fair span of time. A few traces from the applicator wand have left me with hours of dark leatheriness--and it's good actually, though I can't imagine applying it heavily. It's leather and smoke, so thick and anti-sweet it's almost got a rubber note at times. It's great for the serious leather fan, and likely to be considered masculine rather than feminine.

After Three years of relentless browsing of thousands of fragrances, sniffing various mixtures of notes and paying and visiting hundreds of Perfume Boutiques, at last i have come across a smell that has totally amazed me and i can safely say that this would be my signature scent soon and if given a chance i can spend my whole life with this fragrance under my nose. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather .....the fragrance

Tom ford Tuscan leather=== Now this is a fragrance that has the balls to blow away most of the people with its unique but affluent smell. If I was the publisher of Oxford dictionary then Tuscan leather would have been the first synonym for the word “Richness”. Yes with this fragrance you have the blessing to sniff luxury and class, which is invaluable.

Presentation= When you pay close to 200 pounds for a fragrance, then it is quite obvious that there would lots expectation from not only the juice inside but also the presentation. That brings me to the quality of bottle, wow Tom Ford has done an astounding job to match the bottle with the juice inside. I imagine this bottle to be the crown of the Arabic king with all the elegance and artistic touch to it. The atomizer is of supreme quality as well, you would expect the spray to hit your torso in one go. All in all Tom Ford knocked this one right of the park with presentation.

Scent= I am so excited to describe this marvelous piece of art, so without further ado let’s start the kaleidoscopic journey of this scent. At first you get very sharp and at your face leather blast, none the less it is still very wearable leather top note. With it you get a bit of saffron acerbity, which blends well with the swanky leather, though saffron could only be detected by experienced noses. The top notes of this fragrance do project extremely well and they stay there for at least four hours, so those who are not big fan of leather fragrances should stay away from this juice. Then after couple hours, saffron tends to die down and makes way for Jasmine and Raspberry notes. Mind you, leather is still lurking behind in the background, but accompanied with the sublime sweet mix of Jasmine and Raspberry. This is when; it would be safe to say that no other scent is even close to the uniqueness of this jewel. All the notes are so well blended that at no point you feel cloying, even though this scent has monstrous projection. This unusual blend of leather, Jasmine and Raspberry lasts till the end, and on your skin the end means good 15 to 20 hours of longevity. If you spray it on your clothes then a wash is the only way to get rid of this fragrance. From top to base notes everything feels very natural, refined and cultured. The silage is also appropriate, as people would notice you every time.

Analogy== when I smell this scent, I always think of a lavish wooden room with hanging candles holders all around. The room’s walls and flooring has the most fancy leather covering, and there are white sheets layering the furniture in the room. These sheets are specially dry cleaned and washed with jasmine extract, which fills the room with sweetness and freshness. Exclusive music is being played, where artists of 1980’s are performing with the modern day beats. A romantic suited booted couple is sitting at the table and enjoying the raspberry martini. They are in deep love, which would never fade away.

on 10/18/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A review I read online called Tuscan Leather beauty and the beast, heaven and hell rolled into one, and I couldn't agree more. TL opens with smoky, gritty leather reminiscent of perhaps a biker jacket after a night of riding and carousing in smoke-hazed dives. Then the raspberry and vanilla slip in, giving TL a surprisingly sweet edge, but rather than shunting aside the leather the sweet notes blend with it. Saffron and olibanum add a spicy kick, reminding you with all the sweetness that the wolf still lurks beneath, but don't worry, it won't bite. The scent remains dark and spicy overall, but the sweetness just beneath the surface keeps TL from going too rough. Sillage is strong but not cloying, and since you need so little, TL is so well-blended, and the longevity is so superb, the high price tag is justified in my mind.

I can't help but envision the lead singer of a death metal band who, despite their scary exterior, writes their SO sonnets and sings them ballads when the couple is alone. Since this pretty much describes my husband (who wears TL as well as me and is the only scent he's specifically asked to put on him),a decanter bottle may one day be in my possession.

Notes: saffron, raspberry, thyme; olibanum, jasmine; leather, aoud.

This fragrance opens with a rich leather accord infused with tobacco. Raw and masculine - this is the smell of leather used for the interior of a black Ferrari. Although the dry intensity of the accord diminishes as the fragrance progresses, the masculinity of this fragrance remains intact throughout its entire development. As the notes bloom on my skin I see a raspberry-like fruit note mixing with the tobacco note. Together they frame the leather accord and provide it with a contrasting sweetness and an enhancing smokiness. Lasts six hours on my skin.

on 4/3/2011 8:40:00 PM

One of my favorite scents for winter. Rich, rich leather accord with a red berry in the background. This is what a Bentley should smell like inside. A thinner and less complex version of Clive Christian's "C" - if you have the money, go for the Clive. If you want the overall effect, go for the TF.

on 3/25/2010 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Was given a sample of this to try. Being that I'm a big fan of leather scents I was excited about Tuscan Leather since Mr. Ford has,IMO, the Midas Touch when it comes to fragrances. Applied the fragrance in a modest liberal amount and was met with the leather interior of a nice car with all that chemical newness. A surprising opening for a fragrance but I knew to wait the notes out to see how they changed throughout the day. After the leather car interior toned down, only a smidge mind you, I was met with a smokey note like a small wood fire and a bit of vanilla. Honestly I could not think clearly enough to try and bend my mind around this fragrance. The leather car interior note was just too potent and after awhile became irritating as it didn't smell natural to me. I guess, maybe, if the leather interior of a car is a turn on then,yes, this is a great fragrance but I am not a fan.

on 2/6/2010 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Wow, this smells incredibly bad on me, just horrid. After falling SO in love with Tobacco Vanille, I had high hopes for this, the stated notes sounded lovely to me. The initial blast was my childhood Pez dispenser loaded with cherry candies. The drydown was the similar but worse, melting plastic and cough syrup. Could not detect any leather note at all, just a plasticy mess leaving me confused and stinky. Obviously this is how my brain and body chemistry interpret this fragrance, it may work for others, but I classify this as a double-scrubber. Not to worry Mr. Ford, I will be shelling out good money for Tobacco Vanille for years to come.

Popular Fragrances