L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut repair

L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut repair

4.3

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexylcinnamal, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Perfume (Fragrance)

I really loved this product. It made my coarse, dry, curly hair soft and manageable with springy, well defined curls. It helped tremendously with the frizz too. If I had the money I would buy this product all the time (alas, I do not).

on 7/17/2017 7:06:00 AM

This was an okay conditioner for my hair, but I didn`t feel it did anything special compared to a drugstore mask. It didn`t feel like it really was absorbed into my strands, and my hair was a bitch to detangle after washing. My hair didn`t look any healthier or shinier and there was nothing particularly good enough about this to make want to repurchase.

I purchased this with my discount from the salon I work at, so the price was right either way for me. I used it on my Luxy hair extensions as they were beginning to feel dry and tangly. It worked magic. They are bouncy and good as new again. It is such a relief as extensions are an investment for me, having this masque gives me peace of mind that they will last much longer. I wish it came in a bottle rather than the jar, but this is my only complaint. It smells great, too, and a little goes a long way.

on 11/2/2014 1:49:00 AM

This is one of the best hair mask I've ever used. I have my hair coloured every 8 weeks for the last 4 years, therefore it's very dry and badly damaged. Also, I live in a humid city so my hair is very fizzy.

I used this once or twice a week and the result is amazing. On the day I use it and without putting any anything else, my hair is smooth, less fizzy, healthy looking and shiny. Just the way I like my hair. I've never seen my hair this healthy. The good thing is it doesn't leave your hair any greasiness or heavy looking.

The only down side is the effect doesn't last long. As soon I wash my hair (e.g. the next morning), my hair is back to normal. Maybe I need to switch to this as my daily conditoner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair gets very smooth and moist whenever I use this. Perhaps the best hair masque I have ever used.

on 9/25/2014 11:53:00 PM

Having developed an allergy to several protein-based hair treatments due to use of redken products, i was desperate for a protein mask that I could use safely as my bleached and damaged hair was feeling a bit stretchy and I was experiencing some breakage. I bought this in a package with a matching shampoo (something I don't usually do) and I have to say, wow! the shampoo is really brilliant, left my hair feeling soft, smooth and relatively less tangled than my usual shampooing experience. I'm usually one for just using cheap shampoo and spending the $$ on hair masks and treatments but in this case I think it's worth buying shampoo and mask (the conditioner seems unnecessary) The mask initially left my hair feeling soft and smooth and when air-dried it was shinier with less flyaways, but after too many consecutive uses my hair began to feel over proteinized so i think its good to rotate this product with a moisturizing + protein free hair line. Cheaper than the really expensive lines and safe for protein sensitivity/allergies. Visible and long-term results! Downside is the tub - hard to get the last of the product out, and quite inconvenient for in shower use.

on 4/28/2014 10:40:00 PM

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. I come back to it every couple of years after torturing my hair for too long. If you have dry and damaged hair it is excellent at repairing it and you will see results almost immediately. Here's the thing: while it is tempting to continue using it indefinitely, it only repairs the hair up to 60-70% (as per my hairstylist who is a L'Oreal expert and ambassador) therefore once you start to see improvement...stop using it. Seriously. If you continue using it, your hair will become brittle from the amount of protein the product contains and you will be worse off than when you started. Set it aside for use once a month or for the future when you need an intensive treatment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this whole line a few years ago and the results were okay but the problem I had was breakouts around my hairline/back of my neck. This hasn't happened since with any other products luckily.

Girls!!! I have found an almost exact ( and i do mean pretty exact ) drugstore dupe for this whole line!! First of all... let me say I love the Loreal Absolut repair line as much as anyone...but it's $$$$$. And I honestly can say that what I have found to replace this I like even better!! Wait for it......Loreal Paris Total Repair EXTREME!! Contains lactic acid and ceramides like its pricey sister and I googled the ingredients...almost identical!! The only thing missing from the drug store version that the pricey one has is a couple of surfectants ( ie...detergents), a preservative or two, a fragrance, and yellow 5..and seriously, who needs all those detergents and preservatives anyway? My hair was FRIED on the ends due to using some Living Proof products. So fried I feared to walk 5 feet in front of an open flame as I just knew my hair would combust. I was literally in tears. I used the Total Repair EXTREME shampoo and Emergency Recovery Mask last night and followed with the matching Split End serum and air dried. This morning I honestly say my hair was reformed! Shiny, soft, and smooth! Used my flat iron with a little heat protectant and its amazing! No crunchies even at the ends, no frizz, and the broken pieces at the crown are actually playing nice and laying down! I have menopausal hair that is shoulder length, brittle, dry, and damaged. For a product to do this in one try is nothing short of a miracle! Also, this drugstore version does not weigh my hair down or feel greasy like the salon version! Got shampoo and conditioner 2 for $12.00 at CVS. Mask and Split end mender @ for $14.00. The whole system cost me less than my salon shampoo! Claims to penetrate layers deep and repair broken hair fibers. It might just be smoke and mirrors but I am truly impressed!!

on 1/1/2014 10:37:00 AM

Hair type: thin, dry, colour treated, damaged.

I've been using this mask for two months now and I am absolutely infatuated with it. Even though it is classified as a reconstructing mask, I feel that it is quite hydrating as well and I am now using it as an "all around" mask. I normally use it once a week after applying a clarifying shampoo. I remove the excess water for my hair with a towel in order to feel the full benefits of this mask. (Pricy as it is, it might be a good idea to apply it properly) ;))

The instructions say you should leave this mask on for two minutes but I normally leave it on for 5 - 15. Result: soft, shiny, tangle-free hair! The scent is floral and lovely and it does linger for a while. The packaging is light yellow and cute. I have the 500 ml jar with a "rotating" lid which is not practical at all but I do use a clean, dry spoon to scoop out the product and so far no water has come in the jar.

I will most likely repurchase this product: even though it is a bit pricy, my hair does love it and I like that it actually multitasks... it's reconstructing AND hydrating, I haven't felt the need to use any other kind of hair mask during the last two months but I'll update my review in case that changes.

(I'm giving it 4 lippies which is the most I will ever give a product by a brand that stills tests on animals, otherwise I would go for 5 lippies.)