L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Oily
L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

4.2

Aqua / WaterSodium Laureth SulfateSodium ChlorideDimethiconeCocamidopropyl BetaineCyclodextrinCI 17200 / Red 33Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium ChlorideNacre PowderSodium BenzoateHydrolyzed Wheat ProteinHydrolyzed Wheat StarchSodium HydroxidePPG-5-Ceteth-20Jojoba Wax PEG-120 EstersSalicylic AcidLimoneneLinaloolBenzyl AlcoholAlpha-Isomethyl IononeCarbomerButylphenyl MethylpropionalCitronellolCitric AcidHexyl CinnamalParfum / Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this shampoo once a week to clarify my hair. I chose it specifically because it is laced with chemicals & will therefore be able to strip all the oils from my hair.

In relation to stripping oils, it works well. However, you have to make sure that you wash your hair very thoroughly, otherwise it won't rinse out properly & your hair will be stringy & greasy.

Furthermore, if you're looking for volume, this shampoo will help you to achieve that. However, I find that it makes my hair more prone to frizziness. I'd also like to add that this isn't a shampoo you should use daily, as it can be harsh & I know that if I use it too frequently, I get scalp pain.
Additionally, this shampoo causes me to have very bad dandruff. I'm guessing that it is because of all the chemicals, as none of the other shampoos in my rotation have this effect on me (they are all natural shampoos).

To sum up:
PROS:
- Strips oil
- Gives volume
- Nice scent

CONS:
- Causes bad dandruff
- Makes hair frizzy
- Hard to wash out

The bottom line is that this shampoo is okay, but I won't repurchase it, as it's very likely that I can find something better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Well, I must say that I'm absolutely in love with this shampoo!!!!!!
Hair Type: Long, very thick, coarse, frizzy, dry and processed.
Listen to this, I did some research and had the Frederic Fekkai Glossing shampoo and conditioner in my cart because I use their glossing cream and love it. But, the shampoo alone is $24 so I wasn't too thrilled spending $50 bucks on shampoo and conditioner that "might" work for my hair. I remembered that a mua member recommeded that I try the L'Oreal Elive Nutri-Gloss line so I put back the Fekkai stuff and got the L'Oreal instead. Plus, my wallet was happy considering this shampoo is only $4.99. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner for damaged medium to long hair (pink bottle). I can say this, I noticed a difference during my first shampoo still in the shower! I was rinsing my hair and couldn't believe how silky and detangled my hair felt while wet. From the texture of the conditioner, I was a little let down in the beginning because it was very runny and I assumed it wasn't going to help much. I was wrong, the conditioner works super as well. The scent of this is so pretty, it has a slightly sweet floral scent. When I blowed dried my hair, it was so silky and smooth without the need for a straightening iron...this is very rare for my very thick frizzy hair. The next morning, I was just blown away! From tossing and turning during the night, my hair will always become wavy and frizzy from the friction of hair rubbing on the pillow. But, I noticed for the first time, my hair was still frizz-free and didn't need a run with the iron. In fact, my hair was still so silky that I didn't really need to run a brush through it! I am so so glad that I remembered about mua and went back for this!

on 6/2/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Mine is L'oreal Nutri-Gloss Lite..but I think they're just the same. Well, different countries will have different name, though.
Makes my hair smooth but not greasy and just loooove the perfume
Up to now I'm satisfied with this product...but who knows, after several months coz I think my hair is a bit weird
It will reject the shampoo after several months so I just kept on changing shampoo like every year

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this shampoo with the conditioner and after my hair was very very shiny and soft and smooth! Whats more my hair didn't get greasy as quickly! I like the pink bottle it comes in and the consistency osf the shampoo. It doesn't feel too heavy on my hair. I would buy this again however i have to alternate between shampoos otherwise my hair just goes dull and greasy.

on 9/23/2007 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

One of my favourite hair product ranges. This shampoo is light while moisturising; it leaves my hair silky soft and shiny. Pretty packaging as well.