L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

3.9

Aqua / WaterSodium Laureth SulfateSodium ChlorideDimethiconeCocamidopropyl BetaineCyclodextrinCI 17200 / Red 33Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium ChlorideNacre PowderSodium BenzoateHydrolyzed Wheat ProteinHydrolyzed Wheat StarchSodium HydroxidePPG-5-Ceteth-20Jojoba Wax PEG-120 EstersSalicylic AcidLimoneneLinaloolBenzyl AlcoholAlpha-Isomethyl IononeCarbomerButylphenyl MethylpropionalCitronellolCitric AcidHexyl CinnamalParfum / Fragrance

on 8/10/2015 8:42:00 PM

That's a shampoo I always buy again and again. I've got very fine oily hair and it works well, wash all the grease out and doesn't leave any heavy oily finish so that's a pros! Also I really like the scent of it. It leaves quite nice reflective finish. Sometimes I get feeling my hair somehow adapt to this product and losing the volume effect, so I swap for few weeks to Tresemme and than go back and get the nice light finish again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AWFUL! I can't believe all the positive reviews! I have super long, soft, easy to manage hair. I stayed over at someone's place and used their shampoo the next morning. They had the L'Oreal Elvive Re-nutrition Royal Jelly shampoo and I loved it so much I thought I couldn't go wrong with L'Oreal shampoo, afterall I use their skincare products religiously, so why not, right? Totally wrong! I looked through all the different L'Oreal shampoos when I was in the store trying to find what would best suit me. Because my hair is so long and straight I'm always on the lookout for something to make it shine. I thought this would be great, but was so disappointed. It dried the hell out of my hair! It made it super tangled and frizzy. It's just awful. It was fairly expensive where I bought it (overseas) so I tried to pawn it off on my husband who has thick, curly (yet also quite soft) hair, and he had the exact same problem and refused to use it. When his sister came over to visit she wanted to use it, and we both rushed to her and told her not to touch it because it would destroy her hair. I have no idea what happened to the bottle. Either my husband tossed it, or he left it at his parents' place as an "emergency bottle" in case they ever run out of shampoo and need something as a last resort. We both hate to throw anything out, but this was an exception. I'm wanting to try the royal jelly conditioner now, but I'm worried I imagined the shampoo was so good when I used it that I'm now hesitating to buy any L'Oreal hair products... Clearly you can't count on good reviews!

on 10/6/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

my hair is kinda frizzy,dry and damaged so i tried this shampoo for like two weeks but i don't see any changes in my hair but i wanna see for more weeks if it works i think i can give it 5 stars

on 8/9/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading a review on here that said it was good for greasy roots/dry ends hair, and because the price was so good I thought I'd give it a shot! My hair over the last few months has been really greasy and oily at the roots, and I can only put it down to my hair being healthier now that I don't bleach it every 6 weeks. I was still using sham/con for dry damaged hair, but that's only a problem for my ends now. This shampoo and conditioner combo seems to balance it out - it takes away the greasiness to the point where I can again wait 3 days to shampoo my hair, but leaves my ends feeling soft. I have also found mixing in a teaspoon of epsom salts when I shampoo helps keep the greasiness away longer too. I noticed the difference when I ran out recently and had to use a different shampoo/conditioner before I could get some more - my hair was back to being an oil slick the very next day! Will definitely keep using this!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this shampoo. It is *surprisingly* good for natural afro hair (4c) due to its gentle creamy consistency and thickness.

I got this as a cast off from my little sister (typical!), and I had just finished with my Dove Intense repair shampoo. I wasn't expecting much success, and it really outshone its negative stereotype.

The scent is pleasant, the consistency is thick enough to be nourishing. The foam is not too harsh that my hair is stripped. I am not so sure if any gloss is visible on my hair as I am currently wearing protective styles, but spring is coming, so with my hair out we'll see.

Pleasantly surprised!

on 2/13/2013 7:39:00 PM

I found this shampoo to be brilliant for my greasy roots/dry ends hair. It makes my hair smoother, shinier and helps it stay cleaner looking for longer. The scent is delicious too and doesn't linger. The matching conditioner is awesome. It actually soaks into my hair and leaves it far softer than Redken All Soft. For an inexpensive, good quality shampoo, you can't go wrong with this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this shampoo once a week to clarify my hair. I chose it specifically because it is laced with chemicals & will therefore be able to strip all the oils from my hair.

In relation to stripping oils, it works well. However, you have to make sure that you wash your hair very thoroughly, otherwise it won't rinse out properly & your hair will be stringy & greasy.

Furthermore, if you're looking for volume, this shampoo will help you to achieve that. However, I find that it makes my hair more prone to frizziness. I'd also like to add that this isn't a shampoo you should use daily, as it can be harsh & I know that if I use it too frequently, I get scalp pain.
Additionally, this shampoo causes me to have very bad dandruff. I'm guessing that it is because of all the chemicals, as none of the other shampoos in my rotation have this effect on me (they are all natural shampoos).

To sum up:
PROS:
- Strips oil
- Gives volume
- Nice scent

CONS:
- Causes bad dandruff
- Makes hair frizzy
- Hard to wash out

The bottom line is that this shampoo is okay, but I won't repurchase it, as it's very likely that I can find something better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Well, I must say that I'm absolutely in love with this shampoo!!!!!!
Hair Type: Long, very thick, coarse, frizzy, dry and processed.
Listen to this, I did some research and had the Frederic Fekkai Glossing shampoo and conditioner in my cart because I use their glossing cream and love it. But, the shampoo alone is $24 so I wasn't too thrilled spending $50 bucks on shampoo and conditioner that "might" work for my hair. I remembered that a mua member recommeded that I try the L'Oreal Elive Nutri-Gloss line so I put back the Fekkai stuff and got the L'Oreal instead. Plus, my wallet was happy considering this shampoo is only $4.99. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner for damaged medium to long hair (pink bottle). I can say this, I noticed a difference during my first shampoo still in the shower! I was rinsing my hair and couldn't believe how silky and detangled my hair felt while wet. From the texture of the conditioner, I was a little let down in the beginning because it was very runny and I assumed it wasn't going to help much. I was wrong, the conditioner works super as well. The scent of this is so pretty, it has a slightly sweet floral scent. When I blowed dried my hair, it was so silky and smooth without the need for a straightening iron...this is very rare for my very thick frizzy hair. The next morning, I was just blown away! From tossing and turning during the night, my hair will always become wavy and frizzy from the friction of hair rubbing on the pillow. But, I noticed for the first time, my hair was still frizz-free and didn't need a run with the iron. In fact, my hair was still so silky that I didn't really need to run a brush through it! I am so so glad that I remembered about mua and went back for this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

In Asia I think this is called Elseve, not Elvive? It's the same pink bottle though. I'm on my second 400ml bottle and I'm still loving it. This is by far the best drugstore shampoo I've tried and believe me I've tried a lot; Pantene, Dove, Herbal Essences, etc. I have rather oily scalp/roots but dry hair. What I like most about the shampoo is the fact that it makes my hair look less dull and makes my scalp stay fresh for more than a day. That's really rare since I live in a humid, tropical country. It can be a bit too drying but I always use the complimentary conditioner and so far my hair has been really soft and smooth. No complain! :)

on 11/27/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This stuff worked fine at first, but for me, it is not great for long-term use. You have to be as thorough as possible, as it is hard to wash out (even if you use a pea-sized amount). Although I try to be careful with washing the product out of my hair, it still seems to leave a build-up of residue (resembling dandruff) that is noticeable after drying and making certain sections of my hair look greasy, like I hadn't washed it in the first place! Definitely going to switch to a different shampoo.