Avon Rare Pearls

Avon Rare Pearls

3.6

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I am wearing my rare pearls today. I've had this bottle for over 2 years and its still almost full, so that says to me that I don't wear this often enough.
On me this smells smooth and creamy, powdery, floral, sweet and soapy, a touch woody.
Its very feminine, secure staying power, lasts the whole day, remains constant without much change, so what you smell on that first spray is what you get. Medium to soft sillage so is suitable for office, school, friends or anywhere.
Surprised how long this lasts on the skin compared to several more expensive names.
This is not one of my favorite fragrance, for no apparent reason though

on 9/29/2014 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A strange but nice tarry oriental. Seems somehow classic while at the same time being unmistakably Avon. It doesn't go powdery on me, but it does smell mature, like an older scent you remember from someone in your past. Nice, lasts well. Won't be one I wear a lot, but I wouldn't throw it out.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

You'll read this in plenty of the other reviews for this perfume, because it's true: Rare Pearls is a very powdery scent. Other than that, I smell the plum and magnolia Avon lists for it. Definitely a "mature" scent, delicate and flowery. I'm not crazy about it, but on the other hand, it does have good staying power on me and the bottle is pretty. Avon's prices, of course, are hard to beat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

It does not smell bad at all, but somehow the smell reminded me of my elementary school teacher. It's a mature powdery scent, not bad but just not for me. I gave it to my mom and she was not very fond of it either! Oh well...

This is pure heaven on me! A soft powdery floral. This has to be my favorite Avon fragrance. Just devine!!!

I am thinking about buying a larger size of this perfume. I got the purse size and I do like it. It smells delicate, slightly sweet but not overly sweet. Has a bit of a powdery smell but that is quite subtle and then a clean, soapy type smell. I suppose its a slightly more mature scent but I like it (Im 30)

on 1/27/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Love love love this scent. The staying power is great on me which says alot. It doesn't last ALL day like Rare Gold but for sure it is one of the best fragrences Avon has made in a long time. I feel very powerfully feminine when I wear this perfume.

on 11/16/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Nice for every day.

on 9/26/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a purse spray, but I will get rid of it. Smells NOTHING like Dior Poison, because I own Poison (I've read that people have compared this to Poison). This turns a bit rancid smelling on my skin...not pleasant at all.

on 7/27/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this fragrance from AVON.This is definitely for someone who has a strong personality,not for a shy violet ;0)
I got this for about $10.00 from my Avon lady,and at that price I would get it again.Not the best for summer,but more for fall and winter.

Popular Fragrances