Alima Pure Concealer

3.7

Not tested on animals

on 2/11/2018 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am really disappointed in this. I had bought a bunch of samples from Alima Pure but not this one. Figured it wasn't too expensive and all the other AP products had been interesting so just got full size.

Somehow it manages to crease really badly (worse than rms uncoverup) in my undereye area - the creasing somehow happens on top of the crease so the clumped up product is visible. Normally (with rms, for example) it ends up inside the crease and never shows. The texture also just looks really bad and crepey. It's strange because the AP eyeshadows don't crease at all for me even though I have fairly hooded eyes.

I have the AP concealer brush which is just stiff, kind of stabby bristles (unlike their other brusges which are soft soft soft), awkward and impossible to use.

I have the lightest shade and use Neutral 1 in the Satin Matte foundation. The shade is a good match.

In addition to the creasing, this is not a full coverage concealer at all - dusting the foundation over my eye area when applying to my face works just as well and the texture is better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought the lightest shade- and man is it ever light- does not blend well with my other makeup. Also doesn't last long - After an hour its sliding right off just like Alima's foundation…
This brand is really starting to disappoint. It's great that they have a short and simple ingredient list but I'd rather have affordable makeup that does what its marketing to do…

on 7/8/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use the shade Porcelain in this concealer, and it is a perfect match for my NC5-10 skin. If I try and put too much on however, it looks like I have white dots on my face - it does need to be applied with a very light hand. If applied correctly, it's great. Covers redness and dark acne scars very well in conjunction with the foundation. Hasn't broken me out at all.

on 6/3/2011 3:00:00 PM

The first 4 shades were way, way too white for me. While testing them, I went through many embarrassing days that I walked around with strange white spots all over my face. I should have known, and removed after I applied, but I wanted to give all the shades a chance, thinking they made change with my body temperature or something. WRONG. I am very pale, so I do not know who is pale enough for these first 4 shades. Wowza. I tried the 5th shade, Amber I believe, and while it was darker, it was TOO dark. After sampling these, I deciding I would try the actual foundation as a concealer (I hate using makeup all over my face- I like to use makeup only where I need it). I found much, much better color matches with the foundation. I absolutely love how Alima gives out such cheap samples. I think Alima is a wonderful company.

on 8/5/2010 8:44:00 PM

MY SKIN: Oily combination with oily T-zone. I have mild undereye circles, which is the main reason I got this concealer. My color in their foundation line is Beige 5.

HOW I APPLY IT: I chose "Tan" per suggestion of the Alima website. I use an old Bare Escentuals concealer brush, but any stiff flat brush will do. I pat the brush into the product, tap off the excess, and then pat-pat-pat under my eyes. I do this after primer, but BEFORE my foundation (I also use Alima satin matte foundation).

THE RESULT: It was quite impressed! Tan is actually fairly light, so I don't use this on blemishes (I just use the foundation itself). It doesn't cake up or settle into lines or pores, which I like. However, I don't think that EVERYONE needs this. I could personally live without it because my undereye circles aren't terrible, but if it's a gripe of yours, I'd definitely recommend this! The samples are only $1 with $2 shipping, so you don't have much to lose :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Easy to apply and provides medium coverage. I ordered a sample size in sand and it matches my skin perfectly. The sample size will last me pretty long and for only $1!!!

This concealer doesn't irritate my skin and helps me look great! I only wish it would be able to cover my larger pimples.

on 2/9/2009 2:37:00 PM

Oh, how I love this stuff. It covers blemishes ansd misc. spots on my face like nothing else. I use a teeny, tiny bristled brush to dot it on the spots, then sometimes cover my whole face with a dusting of Alima's fantastic mineral foundation. I can even use this concealer around my eyes to brighten the area and it doesn't make my skin look crepey. (I'm 44 so I have to be careful about that!) I agree that the shades are lighter than pictured on the website, and they don't carry a shade that's just right for me, so I mixed two shades in one container and now it's perfect. That's the genius of mineral powders! Anyway, I strongly recommend ordering a few shades of samples and playing around with them before you decide on a full size or sizes. Alima sells samples of everything, and will send you free samples with the ones you bought!

This is the most amazing concealer ever. I wear it under my eyes, and it doesn't crease or settle or look dry, and it covers my dark circles. I also use it on the blemishes I get and it covers them quite well. I use the synthetic small concealing brush that MAC sells with it, and it works great. I will say that the lightest color is SUPER light, so even my PPP NC15 self had to go with "beige" instead of "porcelain".

on 8/5/2008 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My skin is quite pale, so I got this in Porcelain, because all of the other shades seemed way too dark. Porcelain was even lighter in real life than it appeared online, almost papery white. It's a bit too light for me. I still suspect the other colors would be too dark. Coverage was medium, and no better than that of Everyday Minerals foundations. (I have not tried Alima's foundations.) Texture was similar to that of Everyday Minerals "Matte" formula. So overall, it was good, but the shade and the level of coverage were not ideal.

I really appreciated how nicely it was packaged and the 3 small samples (in little baggies) they included for free in addition to the sample I paid for. I did not expect that.

Hands down the best under-eye concealer I have ever used!!!
I was a little bit hesitant about using this as an under eye concealer because its a powder, but this product is unbelievable!
It does not crease at all. It doesn't even creep into crows feet. It provides great coverage for dark circles and looks absolutely flawless all day. I used to use YSL radiant touch to freshen up during the day, but I don't have to do that anymore.
This concealer is great because you don't have to use liquid concealer and then powder. so it never looks cakey.
This product has blown me away! Absolute HG!!!