no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 years ago

I generally love BB but this one's a dud for me. The color is more brown than I expected. I know that sounds ridiculous given the name is "Brown" but I thought it would be more of a red brown. It's just brown on me. Still, the color works but it doesn't really work to light up my face or anything like that. Just a very natural lip look. I do find this greasy though. It's bleeding a bit and I can't stand that. It is nicely moisturizing and feels good but the color is migrating and that is not a good look for anyone. I am shocked that anyone finds this long-lasting! Those comments were what got me to try this but unfortunately this doens't seem to last 10 minutes on my lips. Oh well. I am glad I finally tried these as I have been looking at them for years. Now I know they don't work for me and I can move on to some new lip obsession.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

12 years ago

I don't understand all the hype. First of all, it is VERY expensive. Second -- it is NOT a lip balm. Instead, it is a lipstick with moisturizing properties. Ladies, this is not worth your money. You can use Neutrogena Tinted Lip Balm (nude 40 - my favorite) for $10 cheaper and better at moisturizing!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

12 years ago

This is definately worth the £12 price tag, because not only can you lightly layer the colour for a subtle dark nude tint, you can also apply more for a defined 'lipstick look'. I find this is perfect on my pale lips when it's applied thinly with a lip brush and then blotted off. The colour is very natural and suits any look. It's very moisturising too so you don't need to apply other lipbalms before or after application, and the colour doesn't feather or bleed. The texture is not tacky or sticky but still manages to be strongly pigmented. The packaging is surprisingly heavy for a little stick of balm, but because of this it's surprisingly durable - you wont see cracks or chips appearing on this tube! A true top performer in every aspect, I use it every day :)

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

At my age it stands to reason that I've purchased and worn my fair share of lip balms, everything from Chapstick in the 70's to nuxe balm from Paris. Currently for a nighttime balm I enjoy Paula's Choice lip and body treatment balm, but for day there is nothing like Bobbi Brown's tinted lip balm. I have Brown and Raspberry Pink. My go-to balm is Brown, very natural yet with a tad more oomph than my natural lip color. This balm feels divine and lasts and lasts. Previously I enjoyed Neutrogena's tinted balms and they're okay for the price, but they're too slippery for me now that I've discovered Bobbi's tinted balm. I hope she never discontinues this product because in my opinion she's hit the jackpot! I even enjoy the black metal casing which is sleek and simply feels like I'm applying something worthwhile to my lips. Needless to say, I will be repurchasing again & again.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

12 years ago

I bought this in Brown and wondered if I was going to feel silly for having paid $18.00 for a lip balm! Well, I have to admit that I will probably be buying more. This lip balm wears beautifully and is wonderfully comfortable; moisturizing, not greasy or tacky. I've never considered myself as having pigmented lips but this color is only slightly darker than my lips; I do wish that it has a tad more red. Today I wore it over a red stain and loved it. Wetter than a regular lip balm but not as shiny as a gloss.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBrown

12 years ago

I was initially afraid to try this when it came out, maybe due to the fact that I didn't think Brown and my pale skin would be a flattering look. However, after seeing a photo of this on another MUAer with a similiar skintone to me I decided to try it. It is really more of a rose with a brownish undertone on my pigmented lips. Very flattering MLBB color and smoother feel than many other tinted lipbalms. Not sticky like many glosses. Easy to apply without looking. I would give this 5 stars if it had SPF. For reference, NC15 / BB Porcelain with dark hair and brown eyes.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

A truly Your Lips But Better lipstick... sorry ,lip balm. A beautiful pinkish brown, a tad darker than my lips, gives a nice gloss without being sticky, colour without being opaque or sitting on top of lips (I hate when lipsticks do that), moisturizes and has a decent staying power for a lipbalm. I really like it ver, very much, will very probably repurchase and can almost name it a Holy Grail... but I paid 250 mexican pesos (about 23 USD) for it, which is extravagantly expensive for my standards! The reason I succumbed? Excellent MUA reviews and the thought that, in order to afford it, I only had to stop buying silly Mary Kay lipsticks I never like anyway. I would like SPF for the price, though (just in case someone at BB is checking our reviews). Anyway, I think I'm in love. INGREDIENT LIST (as in the box sold in Mexico): Petrolato. Aceite de semilla de ricino (Ricinus communis). Triisoestearato de trimetilolpropano. Cera de candelilla. Triglicerido caprilico/caprico. Polietileno. Acetato de cetilo. Alcohol cetilico. Aceite de lanolina. Cera de abeja. Polideceno. Polibuteno. Alumina. Acetato de tocoferilo.Palmitato de ascorbilo. Alcohol de lanolina acetilada. Sulfato de bario. BHT. Puede contener (may contain): Mica. Dioxido de Titanio. Oxidos de hierro. Amarillo No. 5 laca (CI 19140). Rojo No. 7 laca (CI 15850). Azul No. 1 laca (CI 42090). Violeta de manganeso. Amarillo No. 10. Rojo No. 28 laca (CI 45410). Amarillo No. 5. Amarillo No. 10 laca (CI 47005). Rojo No. 22.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

12 years ago

This product is great for winter as it is very moisturizing. I love the simple packaging too. It is somewhat long-lasting (compared to other tinted balms I uzed), though I wish it wasn't quite so expensive. The color is fantastic on me though, a medium plummy-rose-brown, and I will repurchase.

About reviewer (148 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

12 years ago

this adorable black metal tube of lovely mlbb color is the ONLY lippy in my purse! definite HG status for girls like me who don't enjoy lipsticks but need some moisturization and a hint of color. this stuff stays pretty well and is wonderfully versatile: a normal once-over swipe gives you the mlbb look, but a heavier hand gives you an opaque, shiny and sophisticated brown-pink. perfect!

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Excellent texture, color, and feel. Although the price made me choke ($20 Can!), the Tarte ones cost just as much and are much lower quality. I love the incredibly natural color. I have pale skin and dark hair and this looks only slightly darker than my natural color. Very flattering! No glitter, so it's like your own lips but better. I like the non-slick feel and decent lasting power. There's not taste which is good- I won't lick it off! All-in-all a great product that I'd purchase again.

About reviewer (437 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other