Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare  Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

3.9

Step 1: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Disodium EDTA, Copper PCA, Zinc PCA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate. Step 2: Water, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Resveratrol, Ubiquinone, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Phospholipids, Copper PCA, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Simethicone, Octoxynol-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

I've used just about everything you can think of, including, serums, at-home peels, professional peels, acids and antioxidants of every letter of the alphabet...you name it. I have combination skin with large pores, acne prone, sensitive and aging at 30+.

I have to say that this product is fantastic. It's easy to use, packaged for easy use and travel, and takes only a few minutes. There's lots of great things in the reviews, but being a seasoned skincare person, here's my thoughts:

- This product does contain alcohol. I am typically against alcohol but when doing a peel, using alcohol first before the peel is recommended to strip the skin of dirt and oil that would impede the efficacy of the peel. Alcohol in this sense, is a good thing.
- For those of us poor souls with large pores and acne-prone skin, this is a life saver. The mix of manual exfoliation (putting on the peel), AHA and BHA, then retinol is an acne-busting combination. Thumbs up!
- I think it's ridiculous to use this continuously everyday. Too much exfoliation is not good for you and will invite irritation and skin sensitivity = sun damage. You'd be better off getting a good AHA/vitamin C product to use daily, and then a retinol at night (I love Dennis Gross Retinol brightening) and use this product once or twice a week.
- That being said, if you don't use other exfoliating products, need to rev up the exfoliation for a short time, or are having a particular bout of acne or rough textured skin, perhaps use this daily for a week and then let your skin calm.
- This has replaced my 30% glycolic peels for home that I was doing once a month, but it would not replace my higher percentage or TCA peels that I do twice a year.
- This is a surface peel, but a good one at that. It will help with gradual fading of sun spots, and lines that come from surface dry/rough skin. It will likely not get down to the lower layers of the skin where the dramatic changes happen and require more downtime. So, as long as you have the right expectations, you'll be happy.

The price is high, but it's effective and will help your other products you bought work more effectively. I've had mine for about two months and have only used 6 or 7 pads out of the 35 (I got 5 free with the Sephora purchase). Cutting them in half will help you too.

Enjoy clear, bright, refreshed skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So, this came free with a sephora purchase. Didn't think too much about it but tried it this week and love love love it! A true skin brightener, pore minimizer and overall radiant producer. Will be buying it this weekend!

To Read all 310 Reviews, Login or Join

Review after 1-use:
I have combination skin on my chin, nose & cheeks. Elsewhere...all dry/normal! I have discolouration (freckles+), acne scars, large pores on my nose/cheeks and active inflammation of larger (but not cystic) acne along my jaw area.

The main reason for this purchase was to minimize my acne scars & discolouration on my face. As I am in my early twenties, I am not yet concerned about anti-aging...however, treating myself to a treatment here and there doesn't hurt!

Initially, I could not decided between this peel, or the gentle one as I have ezcemic skin. However, I sided with this one anyways. I gave it a try last night, and I am already noticing a slight difference. While my freckles are still there, I feel as though my face has brighten up AND my acne scars have lightened very so slightly. I had a red-ish bump from an old pimple yesterday, but now, it has faded and the bump has gone down in size.

You're instructed to rub Step 1 all over your face (avoiding the eye area) until the pad is dry, which doesn't take long as Step 1 contains alcohol. I focused primarily on my cheeks and jaw as those were my problem areas. I also made sure I was wiping my face using an upwards motion - dragging from my jawline UP towards my forehead. Once the paid is dry, you wait two minutes before using the Step 2 wipe. You wipe using Step 2 until that is all dry, then you proceed with your usual products (avoiding ones with alcohol).

I'm not going to lie - it stung the first couple of seconds. On a scale 1-10, 10 being the worst pain ever, I would rate the sting, 2. It was very mild and after a couple of seconds you get use to it or it would disappear.

This morning I felt that my face was brighter and my acne marks were less red. I didn't pay much attention to my pore size but I will the next time I use this.

I can't justify using this nightly, and I also don't think its necessary to use it everyday. I'd say 1-2 / week is good enough. As for the cost...yeah, it's expensive. But I think you can prolong the usage of this product if you only use it once or twice a week. Also, you can also cut the wipes into half as I truly think 1 whole wipe is sufficient for two applications. Just store the other unused half in a ziploc bag to keep it moist or something..

As for the packaging, I got the one where the wipes come individually wrapped. This keeps the wipes moist, hygienic and great for travelling.

I'll update this after a couple more uses.

Truly one of those products where the high price is justified. It works amazingly well to straighten out whatever yuckies you have on your face. I never use it daily; it is a weekly or bi-weekly treat. It delivers and my skin clears up and just glows. Worth the price, you guys. Highly recommended.

on 3/11/2016 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

GOSH DARN IT! This product WORKS! But it's just so expensive. I use this every night and it makes my skin as smooth as a baby's butt. I wish I could find an alternative to this one, because I can't possibly be spending this much on one skincare product every 2 months for the rest of my life. Yikes. The results are spectacular though.

Ire ever this as a sample and was a bit hesitant to use it as I have really sensitive skin. All I can say is it is such a good product! I personally wouldn't use this daily but once a week/two weeks would do wonder gory our skin.

You apply step 1 pad which I found tingled on my face then wait a minute and apply the step 2 pad.. I then waited 5 mins before applying my usual moisturiser.

The results are pretty much instant, all flakey skin has disappeared, my skin looked even, felt moistured and comfortable and soft and smooth.

The only downside is I can only find them in packs of 60 which in the UK is £124!!!! Having said that they are well worth using if you have a special event and want your skin to look amazing!

UPDATE - you can now get these in packs of 5 on Lookfanastic for £15 :)

This product worked well and was non-irritating to my normal-to-oily/combination skin. When I used it, even every other day, it did seem like my skin texture improved (particularly forehead area) and pores smaller/tighter (particularly around nose area). I also found it to be gentle enough (though, usually, my skin is not particularly sensitive to products, and doesn't break out in rashes or blemishes from them).

I would repurchase this product, if I did not think I could find anything better and cheaper than this. This peel worked well enough on my skin, even if I used it every other day or every two days. However, I found the two-step process to be rather inconvenient. Additionally, it was rather costly even for a good/effective alpha-hydroxyl skin peel product. I have come across other products that I thought would work just as well and were more cost effective.

on 11/17/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this product and like it but I only used it for one day. I don't think I would use a product this strong on my face on a regular basis, I can see it upsetting the balance of my skin. That said, I tried it when I was starting to break out from another product and it helped that acne go away overnight as well as making my skin look nicer and smoother overall and making the lines around my eyes less noticiable. I don't see myself buying this though, because it's so expensive. I may buy the trial pack to keep for use before a special event or if my skin starts breaking out again. EDIT: Where I was starting to breakout eventually broke out anyway, this just made my skin look better temporarily.

on 9/28/2015 9:28:00 PM

**Please note this review is for the new Medi-Spa Alpha Beta Peel**

This peel put an end to my battle with hormonal acne that I'd been dealing with off and on for over 3 years. I received a single use sample from my local Sephora and decided to give it a try since I'd tried the original Alpha Beta Daily Peel and liked it. OH MY GOD. First of all even though I have very resilient skin I found that the original peel pads could be a bit irritating upon application, especially with prolonged daily use. The Medi-Spa peel pads are made out of a softer material, and they don't cause me any sensitivity.

The morning after I applied this, my breakouts were all gone or had been significantly reduced, and I swear my acne scar pigmentation had been reduced by almost 50%. Overnight. After just ONE use. Needless to say, I ran out and bought the full size that day. Now that my skin has cleared up so significantly I only use this once a week or so (and I cut the pads in half so instead of getting 16 applications I get 32). I no longer have to wear full coverage foundation and I'm fully confident going without makeup now.

I was worried I wouldn't have enough of the second step (the Firming Peptide Milk) to last me 32 uses but that wasn't an issue. I used up my last peel a few months ago, and while my skin is still looking great, the few breakouts that I have been dealing with have left a mark behind so I'll be grabbing myself another box soon once I can afford to treat myself. My only issue with this product is that it's SO expensive! At $132 Canadian it's the priciest single skincare item I've ever bought but the results are worth it for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rubbed it on in circles for about 2 minutes. Probably should have continued until the cloth was almost dry. Waited for 2 minutes then did the same with the second cloth. It stinks and I unconsciously wrinkled my nose. I figured that if it makes a difference to my skin, the smell will be worth it. It stung a little bit and my face was a shade redder than normal but nothing to be concerned about. I only had one packet sample. Since it suggests not to use anything with alcohol, I dabbed a little jojoba oil for the night.

Maybe if I had tried it a few more times, I would definitely see a difference but the price is prohibitive. Wish I had known about cutting the cloth into smaller pieces. The next day, my face was not red or puffy from the treatment. I may buy a package when my wallet is feeling fat (ya, right).