Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare  Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

3.9

Step 1: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Disodium EDTA, Copper PCA, Zinc PCA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate. Step 2: Water, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Resveratrol, Ubiquinone, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Phospholipids, Copper PCA, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Simethicone, Octoxynol-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used these for over half a year. These are fantastic!!!! I'm on Retin-A and my skin gets gets flaky. I use these only at night after cleansing then I allow my skin to dry after before putting on Retin-A. I use these every night but I slowly progressed to that after several weeks of increasing the number of nights. I rarely get cystic acne anymore because with Retin-A alone I still was. I guess from all the flaky skin was clogging my pores.

Now I rarely break out except with occasional one cyst close to my period. Just remember to follow the directions and let sit 2 minutes before step 2 to let it work. It's also fading past acne scars and helping heal deep purple marks from a couple old cysts breakouts from a sunscreen I tried. I just bought the extra strength and hope I like them just as much and they help fade my melasma.

on 6/16/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love them I do these 3 times a week, gets rid of my blemishes and helps fade redness left don't any. My skin glows. Sometimes it does really sting but they are Chemical peel lol will use them for a long time

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this peel!!! I cut the pads in half so they can be used over 2 days but these are little miracle workers. I had messed my skin up pretty bad and was an oily broken out mess when I decided to give these a try. I accidentally did step 2 first the step 1 and wow this was life changing!!!! My skin is seriously flawless in 2 weeks with zero irritation. I will never not have these close by. My holy trail!!

on 3/31/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

By far, this is the best AHA peel next to getting a clinical peel in your dermatologist's office. I've been loyal the regular formula for about 2 years. I find the peel really smooths, decongests and refines my pores. I always make sure I follow up with my Skinceuticles CE Ferulic serum and make sure I'm wearing sunscreen the next day (which we should be doing everyday right?). Although it's marketed as a daily peel, I use this on Sunday evenings as I feel ne it's too strong to use more than once a week. But it's all you need! Excellent product.

on 3/18/2017 3:54:00 AM

DENNIS GROSS ALPHA BETA FACE PEEL WIPES - 60 PACK SACHETS

Best product on the market! I will buy this for the rest of my life. I highly recommend this to literally everyone else who has skin issues! I discovered Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Wipes after complementing a colleague at work because her skin was suddenly looking 10x better after not seeing her for a fortnight! I was at the shops that night buying this product! I have probably spent tens of thousands over the years trying to find a solution for my annoying skin issues - and Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Wipes is the solution! I haven't ever written a review but I feel this product is worthy of one - thus I have taken the time to write a big one! I've even waited 3 months to make sure I know it works! On top of this I have even recommended this product to a very sort after Make Up Artist I know whom now swears by these Dennis Gross wipes!! This product is gold.. So here goes my review...

This product helps anti aging, smooths subtle wrinkles, acne scarring, pigmentation, live acne, milia, blackheads, skin brightening ... and your make up will look 10x better, smoother and of a higher quality.

I am now on to my third 60 Pack of these Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Wipes... and I can't live with out them. The cost is high but it is worth it so I just keep on buying them. I also travel a lot for work and this product packaging is very helpful in this instance.

My skin is very annoying... acne prone, oily within a few hours of applying make up/cleansing, black head prone, hormonal issues, congested/blocked pores with 'milia' like lumps in my cheeks, pale and goes red easily... only starting to age now... I get acne on my back/shoulders too from sweat, allergic reactions, synthetic fabrications and drinking too much coffee - but the body acne is minor.

I am 28 years old and have had Acne of some sort since I was 12.. .. that is 16+ years with acne/hormonal issues! This is the first thing I have ever used in all these years that makes a real difference!

SKIN CARE ROUTINE:
I cleanse my face morning and night with either Aesop Parsley Seed Face Cleanser or Eco Store Manuka Honey and Kelp Soap.
MORNING:
I will follow through with SKII Stempower Moisturiser and then apply my make up.
EVENING:
After my shower, I cleanse my skin and then follow through with my Dennis Gross face wipes. I then use my SKII Stempower Moisturiser. If my skin is feeling congested or if I am hormonal I will also first apply Aesop Parsley Seed Serum before my moisturiser - this just helps to brighten and reduces redness and clears light acne.

WEEKLY/BI-WEEKLY:
Bentointe Clay Mask (Aztec Healing Clay, you can buy it on Amazon). Mix it with water and apply to your face.
Wait approximately 30 minutes or until you feel a 'pulsating' feeling. It will remove all light blackheads and dirt from my skin. It also clears up any life acne or picked pimples in no time.
MONTHLY/BI-MONTHLY:
I use a Derma Roller to assist my light acne scaring on my cheeks and improve collagen that will prevent wrinkles from appearing on my forehead/eye areas. This has worked for me over time.

SKIN PRODUCTS THAT WORK PROPERLY - I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE:
Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Wipes - $200 AUD + (lasts 2 months)
SKII Stempower Moisturiser - $200 AUD + (lasts 3 months)
AESOP Parsely Serum - $70 AUD + (lasts 3 months)
Bentoinite Clay Mask - $10 AUD + (lasts 1 year +)
ECO Store Manuka Honey/Kelp Soap - $4+ (lasts 2 weeks - I have only just discovered this and I think it is better than AESOP Parsley seed cleanser and is a twelfth of the cost! It has cleared my body acne for the first time in my life!)
Derma Roller - $30+ (lasts 3 months - I believe it works the same as laser therapy in some instances and smooths out acne scars over time. I have seen the difference and the cost is next to nothing).

The only downsides to the Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Wipes is the high cost and the very alcholic/chemical smells. I just suck this up as it works.. So get over the high cost and bad smell everyone!!! AS THIS PRODUCT WORKS!

TIP:
Use this on your upper shoulders/upper chest and tops of your hands, tops of your lower arms (areas that age quickly because they regularly catch the sunlight) at least once a week.
I have seen a difference here too.

TIP:
Use this more than once a day if you are about to board a long plane flight, as plane air is terrible for your skin and this helps immensely - plus you will get off the plane feeling/looking fresher.. Day or night flight! Use morning and Night if you are flying.

TIP:
I swear the mix of Aesop Parsley Seed Serum applied after with Dennis Gross Face Wipes is the holy grail of skin care.. Also followed by SKII moisturiser, you can't go wrong. SKII is just very smoothing, brightening and obviously has the important longterm benefits of anti aging. Acne will clear, skin will be glowing and fine lines will disappear.

TIP:
If you ever accidentally wash your face and not all your make up is removed, you will notice and can rely on these wipes get rid of all make up completely. I think this is another reason they help so much. Friends of mine whom use this product swear this is true too.

on 2/19/2017 1:31:00 AM

I can't live without these. They make my aging skin look tauter and pores appear smaller. Both of my kids in their 20s are now using them.

If I run out I look noticeably older within 4 to 5 days!

Continued use has lightened age spots. These are fabulous!

on 1/21/2017 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This one's a miss for me. While just one application definitely improved the texture of my skin, it was just too strong for me (I used the Original version). My skin is very sensitive - judging by the other reviews, this obviously works great for other skin types.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay, first of all, two disclaimers: I do not think this product suits my skin type, which is acne-prone and ultra-oily. Secondly, while I didn't actually purchase this product, I believe I've used it enough to give a fair assessment of my experience with it.

So I had a bunch of points racked up at Sephora and finally decided to redeem them. Unfortunately, they were out of most of their rewards products on the day I went. The sales associate, however, assured me this peel is great for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I figured I'd try a product that would nourish my skin for a change, as I'm always putting stuff on it to dry it out. So I got five sample packs of these with three peels each, a total of 15 peels. I used three and gave up.

I added this peel to my skincare routine--my usual masks, cleansers, moisturizers, and toners. The thing I most dislike about this peel is that it leaves a sticky layer of gunk behind on your face that never fully dries down or goes away. It just feels heavy on the skin and gross. Additionally, it broke me out, even when I started using it every other day. That's when I called it quits.

HOWEVER, I passed these along to my 59-year-old mother, and she adores them. She says they make her skin feel perfectly balanced, and I have to agree; her skin does get a very healthy-looking, radiant glow (as opposed to an oil-slick glow) when she uses this peel, and I think it even calms some of the redness in her skin.

If your skin is on the drier side or more mature, you may really enjoy this product. However, it is NOT for all skin types, and if you have oily and/or blemish-prone skin, I recommend staying away.

I've used just about everything you can think of, including, serums, at-home peels, professional peels, acids and antioxidants of every letter of the alphabet...you name it. I have combination skin with large pores, acne prone, sensitive and aging at 30+.

I have to say that this product is fantastic. It's easy to use, packaged for easy use and travel, and takes only a few minutes. There's lots of great things in the reviews, but being a seasoned skincare person, here's my thoughts:

- This product does contain alcohol. I am typically against alcohol but when doing a peel, using alcohol first before the peel is recommended to strip the skin of dirt and oil that would impede the efficacy of the peel. Alcohol in this sense, is a good thing.
- For those of us poor souls with large pores and acne-prone skin, this is a life saver. The mix of manual exfoliation (putting on the peel), AHA and BHA, then retinol is an acne-busting combination. Thumbs up!
- I think it's ridiculous to use this continuously everyday. Too much exfoliation is not good for you and will invite irritation and skin sensitivity = sun damage. You'd be better off getting a good AHA/vitamin C product to use daily, and then a retinol at night (I love Dennis Gross Retinol brightening) and use this product once or twice a week.
- That being said, if you don't use other exfoliating products, need to rev up the exfoliation for a short time, or are having a particular bout of acne or rough textured skin, perhaps use this daily for a week and then let your skin calm.
- This has replaced my 30% glycolic peels for home that I was doing once a month, but it would not replace my higher percentage or TCA peels that I do twice a year.
- This is a surface peel, but a good one at that. It will help with gradual fading of sun spots, and lines that come from surface dry/rough skin. It will likely not get down to the lower layers of the skin where the dramatic changes happen and require more downtime. So, as long as you have the right expectations, you'll be happy.

The price is high, but it's effective and will help your other products you bought work more effectively. I've had mine for about two months and have only used 6 or 7 pads out of the 35 (I got 5 free with the Sephora purchase). Cutting them in half will help you too.

Enjoy clear, bright, refreshed skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For some context: I have extremely dry skin that often flares up with eczema patches, but is also very acne prone, especially around my mouth and chin. I don’t have issues with large pores, but I do have acne scarring. My skin is generally not sensitive, although it sometimes takes a violent dislike to products, so I always do a patch test before I try something new. My skin has a fast cell turnover and I can exfoliate up to three times a week. I generally use physical exfoliants, but after using a Paula’s Choice 10% AHA Resurfacing treatment and seeing great results, I’m interested in trying other chemical exfoliants.

I picked up the original two-step version of this product, rather than the sensitive option.
The initial application of this product makes my skin sting quite a lot. It doesn’t make my skin red or burn it, but it is an unpleasant sensation. It particularly stings on the drier parts of my face. Once I have applied step one, my skin becomes very dry and tight. I usually wait one minute between the two steps rather than the recommended two minutes, as I don’t like the dry feeling that I am left with. Step two doesn’t sting my skin as much, although there is still a definite tingling sensation. Once that has dried down, I apply my serum and moisturiser, which neutralises the stinging.

The stinging sensation isn’t horrible, but it is something that you should take into account before you buy. Your skin does get used to it over time – or so I’ve been told. I still experience it!

This product definitely helps my other skincare steps to absorb better, which is really beneficial to my dry skin. My face feels plumper and more hydrated after my routine is completed, which is a bit strange, as step one seems to really dry me out. I think that this product maximises the effects of the rest of your routine, as the ingredients are able to penetrate the skin more efficiently. To me, this is the main benefit of this product.

My skin feels very soft and smooth afterwards. I find that this product is useful for bringing pimples to a head if they have been lurking under the skin for too long. I often get patches of gross bumps that don’t come to a head for weeks, so this is great for speeding that process along. However it doesn’t seem to make my pimples disappear any faster.

The smell is very chemical and alcoholic. It’s not a pretty smell, nor is it subtle. So if you’re sensitive to chemical smells, I’d stay away from this.

Overall I’m not sure if I’d buy this again, due to the way that it stings on application. I have used other chemical exfoliants that do not sting and give me the same results. So while I liked the effect that this product had after application, I think I’ll keep looking for my perfect chemical exfoliant.