Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

MY FAVORITE CANDLE IN THE WORLD! I remember the very first time I smelled this in the store... out loud, I said "Oh my God!'. It reminds me of the beach, to a T... no other fragrance can even come close as to just how identical to the beach this candle is. I always have this candle on hand somewhere in my home, all year. To be honest, YC's quality is NOT as good and dependable as it used to be, and while I used to be a devoted YC fan, I now buy mostly Bath & Body Works candles... however, until BBW has one identical to this, I will ALWAYS purchase this. It smells like Bobbi Brown's 'Beach' perfume... if you've ever smelled that before.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

on 4/8/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk.

Living in Florida means I love this fragrance soo much and even though I don't go to the beach much anymore to protect my skin from sun damage- this candle really is the best summer fragrance since you will feel like you are at the beach! - Close your eyes and during the spring when your windows are open you will truely feel like you are laying out at a gorgeous beach on the soft sand and perfecting your sun tan with a view of the pretty ocean and blue skys!

I love all the beach theme fragrances that Yankee Candle creates since the fragrance's really are sooo true. Even the beach accessories for their candles are always my favorite.

I like to burn this till its almost empty and then put it in a electric candle warmer to melt the wax and pour into a new glass jar to make a small candle with leftover wax. My boyfriend put the whole new candle in the warmer but I don't think we will Ever do that again. Just light it with fire!

I trim the wick every time before I light it.
I always use the yankee candle Illuma-Lid jar topper which is a lid you put on the jar candle to help the candle flame burn steadier while allowing superb distribution of the scent. also reduce the effects of drafts. The lids come in different cool paterns like angels, butterflies, and whatever designs are new, the coolest are Web Exclusive so shop online if you can!
when not using the candle I like to keep the real candle top on so the scent stays fresh like you just bought it.
I only like to buy the biggest jar (22oz) since you get the perfect amount of scent. another good one is the (22.7oz) Large Tumbler 2-wick candle.

I have tried this in the large tumbler, tarts and I plan to buy a large jar in the future with many tarts too!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I moved into my new house the last person that lived here left a whole bunch of junk. Among that junk was an empty Jar candle of Sun and Sand, which I sniffed before chucking it into the garbage. Having never bought Yankee Candles before I found myself thinking about that Sun and Sand candle. It was such a nostalgic smell it brought back all the wonderful memories of the good times in my childhood. Never has a smell brought me back to good times as much as that candle. It sounds gross the thought of a candle that smells like sunscreen and ocean, but it is my new favourite and normally I'm a foody person. I bought a whole bunch of the housewarmer jars, the home fragrance oil and the wax potpourri tarts. I have to say of the 3, the tarts actually provide the biggest scent through and are the least expensive. If you're not sure you want to fork out the big bucks for the candle buy a tart for $2 if you don't like it, oh well at least you haven't lost out $30. (Those are the Canadian prices btw I'm sure they're cheaper in the states).

This is a great scent - whoever said it smells like Sea & Ski and Coppertone hit it right on the head, along with the smell of sand and sun/warmth (probably the musk in the fragrance.) Orange and lemon blossom are in there, to complement the musk. This magically transforms my little apartment into a beach cottage for the summer, and for that it gets five stars! If you don't get happy childhood memories from this scent, then you didn't grow up in Florida in the 70s, that's all I can tell you. A hint for those of you who are saying that the candle alone is too subtle: get a box of the potpourri to go with it. That will put you over in the fragrance zone, and it's very pretty to display as well.

I was unsure about this one to begin with, but after buring it I am now loving Sun and Sand. I am so happy that I discovered this one for the summertime. I live right near the beach, so this is my new favorite scent to burn in the evenings. This scent just puts me in good spirits and makes me want to get out and ride the waves. Ahh, you gotta love beach scents and this one is perfect for me. I have this in the medium candle, 2 tarts and a car jar. They are all great in my opinion. This scent lasts a long time and isn't too offensive to sensitive senses.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish they could find a way to bottle this and I'd wear it as perfume. (Bobbi Brown's Beach comes close)

This is my new fave candle! Got one for my sister and she LOVES it,too!

Burns smooth and that coppertone scent wafts thru the house.....wonderful for Spring and Summer! Love it!

This scent is amazing...unlike any other I have ever smelled. The folks at Yankee managed to get the scents of suntan lotion, ocean breezes, and even sunshine into one candle. What results is a remarkable scent that you will want to burn constantly.

Popular Candles