Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.5

My very favorite candle, of all time. Smells like the beach, exactly! Will always repurchase.

I've been using this candle a lot recently (I have it in the small jar) and I really love it! It smells so warm and beachy, so it's perfect for the summer (or the winter if you want to pretend you're on vacation!). It really does fill a room with its scent, which makes me happy because I love the smell of it and I like to be able to smell my candles from across the room. It has lived up to its expectations. I had this sitting in my room for quite awhile and I finally got around to burning it; now I just wonder why I hadn't used it sooner.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent a lot. It's one of Yankee's "basic" scents, and probably their most popular beachy/summer scent. I don't think it's very beachy, but it does call to mind warmer weather and soft breezes. It's not my absolute favorite from Yankee, but it's good. They make car air fresheners and even a hand sanitizer in this scent, which I think is pretty cool.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this in hopes of it being a summery scent, and the reviews on here suggested it was like a day at the beach, so i bought it.
first of all, i live in London. so i don't get to go to a proper beach unless i am on holiday (rarely). so this does not really remind me of the beach. but it does make me very happy and relaxed.
i do get that humid, sandy note. but amongst that i can also smell almost a jasmine, floral scent. very unusual candle. it's very hard to describe, but i do really enjoy burning it. it soothes and calms me straight away.
it is perfect i feel, for all seasons as it is summery and a little bit fresh, but is also warm and musky but in a muted way.
the throw of this is great. minutes after lighting, it starts to fill the room. no complaints.
i would buy again!

This is my spring/summer staple. I've already repurchased. Many compliments on it. My sister went and bought one asap after smelling it at our house. It's not "tropical" to me in the foody sense, moreso, in the floral sense. It's a beachy-floral. It's got a floral and musk note that make it aromatic. It's really lovely and relaxing. I typically like the more foody type fragrances w/a couple of aromatics mixed in there as a reference point. I burn candles every day and Sun and Sand is my sping/summer staple.

This is my favorite scent ever. On my wedding day 7 years ago I wore Bobbi Brown "Beach" perfume. I had always wished for a candle in the scent...

A few years ago I found this...And I have gone through a ton. I use the tarts, oil, and car frag too. I hope this scent lives forever <3

I typically like Colonial Home candles better. The throw is the same but their jars are sleek and more modern looking. Sun and Sand made me not care about the grandma candle that YC uses.

on 6/23/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great summer scent. Brings back memories of baking on the beach slathered in suntan oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I moved into my new house the last person that lived here left a whole bunch of junk. Among that junk was an empty Jar candle of Sun and Sand, which I sniffed before chucking it into the garbage. Having never bought Yankee Candles before I found myself thinking about that Sun and Sand candle. It was such a nostalgic smell it brought back all the wonderful memories of the good times in my childhood. Never has a smell brought me back to good times as much as that candle. It sounds gross the thought of a candle that smells like sunscreen and ocean, but it is my new favourite and normally I'm a foody person. I bought a whole bunch of the housewarmer jars, the home fragrance oil and the wax potpourri tarts. I have to say of the 3, the tarts actually provide the biggest scent through and are the least expensive. If you're not sure you want to fork out the big bucks for the candle buy a tart for $2 if you don't like it, oh well at least you haven't lost out $30. (Those are the Canadian prices btw I'm sure they're cheaper in the states).

on 7/17/2008 6:24:00 PM

Ohhh, how I love this candle. I literally own a couple dozen Yankee candles and use various ones depending on the season. Sun & Sand is a glorious summer fragrance. It smells like...as someone said below me...Coppertone, the beach and being a kid. Something about it just makes me happy. I know that sounds corny, but the memories this sparks are great. It has a good, strong fragrance and is one of my all time Yankee favorites!

Popular Candles