Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.8

on 4/4/2016 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Grew up in So. Deerfield, Yankee Candles have always been a part of my life. They were admittedly a lot better quality/scent before Kitteredge sold the company, but there are still a few that seem not to have changed. Festival of Lights, Lilac blossom, Midsummer Night's Dream, Hazelnut coffee, Spiced Pumkin, Macintosh...
FYI if you loved the older Yankee candles, check out Kringle Kandle, a company started by the son of the man who originally created the Yankee Comapny.

Anyhow, Sun and Sand really does smell like the beach. It's a bit salty, but mainly has a sunscreen accord. But to me - that's the beach, perfectly captured. I lived on the beach in Destin for 16 years, and this smell takes me straight there. Much more so than any other fragrance I've sampled or candles I've tried. From the reviews here I found than some people think this smells like Beach from Bobbi Brown, so I ordered it blind. That's how much I love this candle.

Love it. BUT- It's not one of YC's stronger smelling offerings. It doesn't fill my house nearly as well as other scents.

on 1/15/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells EXACTLY like the beach!! I love it! one of my favorites from Yankee. The only criticism I have is that this candle is very very strong.

on 4/11/2012 5:10:00 PM

I give this a 4 because the scent is really good but it was one of those scents that I just wanted to finish but instead it burned FOREVER! I gave it a 3 for price because I got a pack of 2 medium jars of Pink Sands and Sun and Sand in Christmas packaging for $15!!!!!! $15 for two medium jars is awesome since yankee tends to charge an arm and a leg for a candle. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are a lot of scents I like better but it did smell nice, just took too long to get rid of. If only the scents I absolutely love would seem to take that long too!

on 6/29/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think Sun and Sand is one of the best candles Yankee Candles makes. The scent throw is so strong, I can smell it all the way downstairs. I can even smell it the next day in my room! In my opinion, this smells EXACTLY like Bobbi Brown's Beach perfume. It is truly a beach fragrance-a mixture of sand, coconut, suntan lotion, and the ocean. I have already repurchased this. It's my favorite candle to burn in the summer.

Sun and Sand is one of the neatest scents I've ever used. I have heard people rave about this candle, but I wasn't sure if I wanted my home to smell like Coppertone. However, after a long winter, I was ready for something different. What a great scent! It does smell like some sort of suntan lotion and does give you a summer feeling. The scent strength was on the lighter side, but it had a good throw throughout my family room which is pretty large. If the scent were much stronger I do think it would ruin the effect. My husband wasn't crazy about it, but I loved it and will probably purchase this again during the wintertime for a "wish it were summer boost!" I also loved the picture on the front of the jar.

on 4/8/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk.

Living in Florida means I love this fragrance soo much and even though I don't go to the beach much anymore to protect my skin from sun damage- this candle really is the best summer fragrance since you will feel like you are at the beach! - Close your eyes and during the spring when your windows are open you will truely feel like you are laying out at a gorgeous beach on the soft sand and perfecting your sun tan with a view of the pretty ocean and blue skys!

I love all the beach theme fragrances that Yankee Candle creates since the fragrance's really are sooo true. Even the beach accessories for their candles are always my favorite.

I like to burn this till its almost empty and then put it in a electric candle warmer to melt the wax and pour into a new glass jar to make a small candle with leftover wax. My boyfriend put the whole new candle in the warmer but I don't think we will Ever do that again. Just light it with fire!

I trim the wick every time before I light it.
I always use the yankee candle Illuma-Lid jar topper which is a lid you put on the jar candle to help the candle flame burn steadier while allowing superb distribution of the scent. also reduce the effects of drafts. The lids come in different cool paterns like angels, butterflies, and whatever designs are new, the coolest are Web Exclusive so shop online if you can!
when not using the candle I like to keep the real candle top on so the scent stays fresh like you just bought it.
I only like to buy the biggest jar (22oz) since you get the perfect amount of scent. another good one is the (22.7oz) Large Tumbler 2-wick candle.

I have tried this in the large tumbler, tarts and I plan to buy a large jar in the future with many tarts too!

Having always adored the beach, I knew that I had to try this candle. Lo and behold, I am always taken back to the beach upon getting a wiff of this delightful fragrance. Sun & Sand really does remind me of the beach! It smells just like when I walk through the sand and go for a refreshing swim. This candle is light, pleasant, fresh, breezy and uplifting. It is especially good for summer and I thank Yankee Candle for putting the beautiful smell of the beach in candle form! Highly recommended.

on 7/31/2007 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time deciding between this scent and Citrus Ginger, but I ultimately picked Sun and Sand, and I'm glad I did! The smell is so nostalgic for me, reminds me of lazy summers at beach houses and smelling the salty and sweet ocean air as it wafted over the screened-in porch where I would spent hours reading in the evening. It's my new favorite smell! I also own the French Vanilla, but I like to burn that more in the winter; it's a very cozy smell and I like the Sun and Sand for summer as a refreshing scent.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is nice, and certainly does transport you to the beach. Would smell good burned in combination with Ocean Water.

Popular Candles