Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

on 11/16/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a big fan of "beachy" scents - but if you like them, you will love this YC classic. A faint whiff of coconut/suntan oil and salty-sea-watery-ness.

My very favorite candle, of all time. Smells like the beach, exactly! Will always repurchase.

on 11/4/2014 2:50:00 PM

Sunscreen. That is the dominant note. Don't get me wrong, I love this candle, because the smell of sunscreen in winter is a great pick me up, that does smell like the beach, but that is all I smell.

on 7/3/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love Yankee candles, I only recently started using them and I am hooked you really do get a lovely smell throughout the house when burning them. So far I have only tried the 1 wick jars and I get a lovely strong smell from them. The only thing I don't like it it gets very hard to light the large jars , I think i may invest in a gas lighter to reach the wick when it gets near the bottom.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent a lot. It's one of Yankee's "basic" scents, and probably their most popular beachy/summer scent. I don't think it's very beachy, but it does call to mind warmer weather and soft breezes. It's not my absolute favorite from Yankee, but it's good. They make car air fresheners and even a hand sanitizer in this scent, which I think is pretty cool.

This is my favorite scent ever. On my wedding day 7 years ago I wore Bobbi Brown "Beach" perfume. I had always wished for a candle in the scent...

A few years ago I found this...And I have gone through a ton. I use the tarts, oil, and car frag too. I hope this scent lives forever <3

I typically like Colonial Home candles better. The throw is the same but their jars are sleek and more modern looking. Sun and Sand made me not care about the grandma candle that YC uses.

on 1/31/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sun and Sand is one of my favorite Yankee scents...it is sooo good. It really does smell like the warm beach.

Sun and Sand is one of the neatest scents I've ever used. I have heard people rave about this candle, but I wasn't sure if I wanted my home to smell like Coppertone. However, after a long winter, I was ready for something different. What a great scent! It does smell like some sort of suntan lotion and does give you a summer feeling. The scent strength was on the lighter side, but it had a good throw throughout my family room which is pretty large. If the scent were much stronger I do think it would ruin the effect. My husband wasn't crazy about it, but I loved it and will probably purchase this again during the wintertime for a "wish it were summer boost!" I also loved the picture on the front of the jar.

on 4/8/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk.

Living in Florida means I love this fragrance soo much and even though I don't go to the beach much anymore to protect my skin from sun damage- this candle really is the best summer fragrance since you will feel like you are at the beach! - Close your eyes and during the spring when your windows are open you will truely feel like you are laying out at a gorgeous beach on the soft sand and perfecting your sun tan with a view of the pretty ocean and blue skys!

I love all the beach theme fragrances that Yankee Candle creates since the fragrance's really are sooo true. Even the beach accessories for their candles are always my favorite.

I like to burn this till its almost empty and then put it in a electric candle warmer to melt the wax and pour into a new glass jar to make a small candle with leftover wax. My boyfriend put the whole new candle in the warmer but I don't think we will Ever do that again. Just light it with fire!

I trim the wick every time before I light it.
I always use the yankee candle Illuma-Lid jar topper which is a lid you put on the jar candle to help the candle flame burn steadier while allowing superb distribution of the scent. also reduce the effects of drafts. The lids come in different cool paterns like angels, butterflies, and whatever designs are new, the coolest are Web Exclusive so shop online if you can!
when not using the candle I like to keep the real candle top on so the scent stays fresh like you just bought it.
I only like to buy the biggest jar (22oz) since you get the perfect amount of scent. another good one is the (22.7oz) Large Tumbler 2-wick candle.

I have tried this in the large tumbler, tarts and I plan to buy a large jar in the future with many tarts too!

on 11/21/2008 2:42:00 PM

In general I like YC, but I generally go for the warm scents, buttercream, vanillas and such. i got this as a gift last year and finally got around to burning it last week. It smells just like sun and sand and salt and sweat (in a good way!) - just like at the beach! YC candles are pretty true when it comes to scents, but, this is great! nice, clean smelling, would do great in a bathroom- but I keep mine in the kitchen!

Popular Candles