Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

on 4/6/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was in the hallmark store with my mom last night, and I was just sniffing different candles and well I am all about the ocean scents so I picked this up and sniffed and this is everything i have ever wanted in a beachy scent.

I knew in a second I was buying it. I got the 22oz size. If you like beachy scents you need to get to a store and sniff this candle

from the yankee candle site.
Evocative, true-to-life scents. Renowned Yankee CandleŽ quality. There are many reasons why our HousewarmerŽ candle line is America's favorite. The traditional design of our signature HousewarmerŽ jar candles reflects a warm, relaxed sense of style that's always at home. Convenient and easy to use, these long-burning jars provide hours of true fragrance enjoyment. They're also the ideal gift for any occasion. A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk. continued >>

This scent is amazing...unlike any other I have ever smelled. The folks at Yankee managed to get the scents of suntan lotion, ocean breezes, and even sunshine into one candle. What results is a remarkable scent that you will want to burn constantly.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is nice, and certainly does transport you to the beach. Would smell good burned in combination with Ocean Water.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish they could find a way to bottle this and I'd wear it as perfume. (Bobbi Brown's Beach comes close)

This is my new fave candle! Got one for my sister and she LOVES it,too!

Burns smooth and that coppertone scent wafts thru the house.....wonderful for Spring and Summer! Love it!

on 5/21/2007 7:35:00 PM

I am in love with this scent. I first tried the tarts and the scent throw was great. I bought a pair of the 22 oz jars and the throw wasn't as great. It isn't an in your face fragrance to begin with but if they could improve the throw on the candle I would buy more candles. I will continue to buy the tarts in this scent. Probably going to stock up since it sounds like a seasonal fragrance.

on 7/1/2007 1:05:00 AM

This is Coppertone (or is it Sea and Ski?), make no mistake. It's even got the sand down pat, just the way that it sticks to your hot,suntan lotion-slathered skin. It is so eerily accurate that it immediately calls to mind sand in your pants, sunburn, and large striped beach umbrellas. Unfortunately, as the poster below noticed, it doesn't really have much throw (I am referring to the 22 ounce jar). It is one of the most subtle Yankee scents, which is a real shame since it presents such an evocative experience and a pleasant, carefree one. Perhaps the way to go is the electric burners. I, too, wish there were a perfume that smelled like this. It smells of jasmine, sea spray, heat on hot pebbles, salt, and sunburn. It is not a marine candle. For such a scent memory, why on earth did they have to make it so subdued?

on 7/31/2007 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time deciding between this scent and Citrus Ginger, but I ultimately picked Sun and Sand, and I'm glad I did! The smell is so nostalgic for me, reminds me of lazy summers at beach houses and smelling the salty and sweet ocean air as it wafted over the screened-in porch where I would spent hours reading in the evening. It's my new favorite smell! I also own the French Vanilla, but I like to burn that more in the winter; it's a very cozy smell and I like the Sun and Sand for summer as a refreshing scent.

Tart. It was just Ok. I am not a huge fan of fresh scents. It smelled rather perfumey to me. I am not into fresh or perfumey scents and summer isn't my fav season so maybe this is why I didn't care for this tart. I wouldn't say it was dead on sand / beach like the others thought but resembled it. However my boyfriend liked it. If I did repurchase, I would only burn in the summer. The tart was strong. I can't complain about the throw! As always rmy complaints about YC in general is the price ( paid 1.92 for the tart) and I wish it was soy. May or may not repurchase.

Perfect candle for the summer! It smells amazing, like warm sand and suntan lotion. If you like summer/beach smells, you will definitely like this one!

on 9/8/2007 4:53:00 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I got a dud candle or something. I could barely smell anything from this, which is not usually an issue with Yankee. I got this sort of generic sweet scent, none of the nuances of sand and water and all that everyone else is getting, and barely any scent to boot. I may have to revisit this one, because my experience was nothing like what all the other reviewers are getting.

Popular Candles