3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is a superb water soluble cleanser that I have been using for well over 15 years! According to the company I believe it was introduced in the market way back in 1993! This is a cleanser that truly does what it claims to do. It removes a full face of make-up and cleanses skin gently in one easy step. Simple dampen face with tepid to warm water, pump a squirt or two into palms and make a light lather, massage generously over entire face and neck and rinse thoroughly. Hey Presto! Many foaming cleansers leave my skin feeling parched, dry and gagging for moisture. This one doesn't. The fragrance is a tad overwhelming but at least it is a fresh lemony herbal scent that most can enjoy, to other this smells rather like dish detergent or lemon pledge :P I love it's zesty fresh fragrance. I hear many complaints that this stings the eyes, it does that to me too, but only when I open my eyes momentarily to grab something else while cleansing say my washcloth for example. Keep your eyes closed and firmly shut! Why are your eyes open when your cleansing? It makes no sense. This cleanser is truly a no frills cleanser, all it contains is water, synthetic detergent agents (all gentle and non-drying) and fragrance. A truly affordable economical well formulated cleanser for all skin types except for those with very dry skin, Thank you Neutrogena I will be using this drugstore staple for many years to come.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

I've been using this for about ten years, ever since my dermatologist recommended it to me for regular maintenance following a successful round of Accutane. Though I occasionally stray, I always come back: it cleanses thoroughly, removes all of my non-waterproof makeup, and has never given me an issue with regards to acnes or dryness. As far as cons go, I wish it had a different scent -- the lemony fragrance reminds me a bit of household cleaning products. It can leave my skin feeling a little tight directly after cleansing, but my toner and moisturizer take great care of that. For those two things and nothing else, I'm taking off a star -- but for functionality, it's amazing.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

The best. I’ve been through maybe 7 bottles of this! I do need maybe 2 full pumps to remove all my makeup but it gets the job done. My face feels a bit dry/right after I wash it but I moisturize very well so it’s not much of a big deal to me. I’ve tried different cleansers before and none compare to this. Who would’ve thought neutrogena would’ve worked for me

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I switched to this cleanser from spectro gel only for 3 days and my skin has improved tremendously....!!! My skin has been so dull and rough and bumpy for the longest time and i thought its the coming of age..my skin is also super sensitive so i just sticked with spectro gel for the longest time cause everytime i tried something else my skin would reacts....i duno why i suddenly decided to reach for this and i m so glad i did!!!!! Only 3 days my skin is much smoother with less rednesss...alot of the bumps have dried up and gone...my nose feels much much smoother...black head are noticeable decreased....i guess the specteo gel was just too gentle that it never cleaned off the dead skin cell off my face and also covers them with a residue which really congested my skin and cause more irritation cause my skin cannot breath...i m beyond amazed!!! Highly recommended!!!

About reviewer (378 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I bought this product because I am looking for a makeup remover to clean my skin every night and this is not it. It was a waste of money and it completely dried out my skin. I already have dry skin. The last thing that I want to do is spend money on a product that will add to my dryness. I feel like I am better off just using dove soap.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium Brown

2 years ago

I really like this cleanser, felt good, cleaned well. I know alot of reviews said it was drying but I did not feel that way. Perfumes and fragrances usually don't bother me but I rated 3 stars and will not repurchase because of the frangrance. I don't like the smell.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is very harsh on the skin, and leaves my skin quite dry. However, it does a great job of removing all of the makeup on your face, and I like that, because I break out if there is any product I didn't get off my skin. Make sure to moisturize well if you use this or if you are prone to dry skin.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

3 years ago

This product dried out my skin unfortunately. My skin felt squeaky clean afterwards, but felt as if all the natural oil was stripped from my face.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

3 years ago

This cleanser is great. It removes every trace of make up and somehow does not dry out my skin. Leaves no residue behind either, rinses perfectly clean. My skin is combination with an oily T zone, very clog and and acne prone. I'm also on tretinoin and have to be careful not to dry out my skin too much and this works so well for me, especially now in the sticky summer months. I use it once at night to remove sunscreen and make up and follow up with my actives and moisturizer. Recommended!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

I have normal combination skin, where my T-zone religiously gets shiny mid-day. This product is supposedly meant for skin type like mine, but honestly, I don't see how it helped. I tried using this day and night, even though it's stated as a makeup remover too, but I wanted to see how it'll help my oily skin. Yes, it did removed all traces of my makeup (which none of them are waterproof) without drying my skin out, but it doesn't keep my skin's oiliness at bay. I prefer foaming cleanser, because Rosette (a Japanese brand) foaming facial cleanser has does wonders for my skin, but this foaming ability is pretty mediocre.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium