Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

My skin tends to be dry, I get blackheads easily (d'oh!) and occasionally a pimple from hormones. This product is pretty cheap, I believe I paid around $4. The scent is a little chemically to be honest. The texture is creamy. It rinses off well without leaving residue and seems to be effective with removing makeup without leaving my skin feeling tight. It can't remove waterproof mascara all the way (and really what can besides an oil?) but it does a fair job at it when I'm lazy. Just don't get it in your eyes because it stings a good bit if you do. I'm on the second bottle of this, the first bottle I was unable to finish because it got an odd scent suddenly as if it had gone bad; that's worth noting.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite cleansers that I've purchased before. My skin is a bit sensitive, and I also have combination oily skin. I use this cleanser at night before any other product and it takes off all of my face makeup so well. I then follow up with a makeup wipe to remove the minimal amount of face makeup on my face. This cleanser is very gentle and it works wonders to remove all of my makeup! I don't use it to remove my eye makeup because my eye area is more sensitive. One of the things I love about this cleanser is that it's so cheap! I got it for $4.99 and I've been using it for a few months and I still have a lot left! It has a slight smell to it, but it's nothing too drastic and I don't find that the slight fragrance irritates my skin at all. I have noticed some people say that it makes their skin feel very tight and dry but I have never experienced that since I started using this cleanser, but everyone's skin is different. For me, this face wash doesn't foam that much, but nevertheless, it still works perfectly to cleanse my face completely. I usually only use about one full pump and it does the job!
Overall, I have loved this product and it has saved me a lot of time in my nighttime face routine. It's super cheap and it's also gentle on the skin. If you're looking to try a gentle cleanser that will take off your face makeup very easily, I'd give this a shot!

To Read all 802 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/12/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I keep trying Neutrogena skin products...they never work for me...I tried this based on good reviews, and reading about it being one of the top rated cleansers...it made my face feel dry and tight and feel like it didn't rinse clean. The smell is gross too.....I didn't feel it did anything bad to my skin but just not something I would recommend.....much better cleansers out there...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go to cleanser. I use this everyday once in the evening. It clears out all makeup including waterproof mascara. Though I use a cleansing oil, then use this to clean up my face. This is very cheap and stays quite long. After cleaning this, my does not feel much dryness (even though I have dry skin). But when I don't have makeup in my face, I don't use this. As I use cerave gentle cleanser then as I feel that is more gentler than this one. However from the point of makeup removal and making the skin not dry, this is kind of the middle ground(remove makeup completely but does not make the skin very dry). I'll definitely repurchase this.

on 3/8/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using the cleanser for six years now. It effectively removes all of my makeup even stubborn waterproof mascara (like Benefit They're Real!). It doesn't cause my face to feel tight and dry afterwards and I don't break out from it! If I do use this more than once a day my face does dry out though. So when I go to the gym I'll use a micellar water instead to remove my makeup and then this cleanser to wash the sweat off and my face remains happy.

Give me and my sister a red dry rash from this cleanser. However, each skin type differ so try it if ur welling to spend the extra cash

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Excellent cleanser. I use the first pump to take the MU off & the second pump to thoroughly cleanse my skin. My third step is usually to tone to make sure everything comes off but my cotton ball is always clean because this cleanser already takes everything off.
Truly impressed, I'm not one to be fooled by YTers but this was recommended by Cassandra Bankson & I love it !
P.S. A bit irritating around the eyes.

on 1/24/2016 2:08:00 PM

This is my go to cleanser. It's mild enough to use every day but strong enough that it actually cleans. I do get acne but it really helps keep it under control. Been using this for years now.

this cleanser is amazing I love it, it's the only one that soothes my dry sensitive acne prone skin. the only down side is it doesn't remove water proof mascara but if it did it probably wouldn't be gentle on my skin. also if you want to close the pump or travel with it you need to pump it wasting product.

on 1/5/2016 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this cleanser! The pump is convenient, it smells good and is nondrying. Yes, it does remove most mascara, but it always stings my eyes and it isn't effective on most waterproof mascaras