Cliniderm Soothing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cliniderm  Soothing Cream

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Fructose, Urea, Citric acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Maltose, Sodium PCA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Trehalose, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Esters, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cera Alba, Glyceryl Rosinate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Sodium Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Lauryl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA

on 1/29/2014 5:04:00 PM

This is just a good cream to have around. It is really thick and "gluey" but it works. Its non-comedogenic, does not contain parabens, dyes, perfumes, etc. You can use it on your face and body and does a great job on both. Its great when you need some serious moisturizing. I wouldn't recommend it for the face unless you really need it and I would recommend using a small amount. For the body, it does a really good job at keeping the skin hydrated even during Canadian winters. Its not greasy. If you intend to use it on the body, the 100g bottle is pretty pricey at 18$, but if you're using it for the face, its a decent price because you only use a little at time. Its a no fuss product, without any fancy packaging, but its a good product to have around if you suffer from dry skin and/or live in a cold climate!

I love this cream ! Perfect for my sensitive skin. It is kind of rich, so I would not put this on summer time. But, it is perfect for winter, when I have dry cheeks. I would not put this on morning, because it is kind of heavy for my combo skin. I love this for evening, or for when I need extra moisture. Will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the driest skin in the world. My make up usually looks awful. For awhile there I was using alba botanicals. It seemed to work. Until I tried this. My skin soaked it like a sponge and it looks supple and smooth! The redness died down too because its not irritated. New HG. :)

on 7/11/2013 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

If I could describe Cliniderm as the ideal husband: not very attractive but very reliable, sturdy, gentle non-irritating, has body(volume), is there when you need him, long lasting... well that should be a reliable description.

It is excellent for problem skin, because it is "without parabens, dyes, perfume, lanolin, formaldehyde or proteins". I first bought it 6 years ago when my doctor recommended it for eczema, and every time I have very dry or eczema skin on face or body, I take it out and it works to moisturize very well.

It's unattractive because of it's fragrance free, white, and thick. My roommate described the consistency as "white glue", very adequte, because it even smells faintly like glue.
Another note is the packaging: the picture here is the 100g squeeze tube, quite hygiene, sold for about $18 CAD. There's also the 454g (1 pound) jar, sold for double the 100g price so that is definitely a better bargain.

on 8/9/2008 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I occassionally use this in small amounts on my drier patches (usually overnight but sometimes also in very small patches during the day if needed) in combination with the Cliniderm lotion. It is a very heavy product so probably not something you'd want to put on your entire face and then attempt to apply makeup over, but it is very helpful at quickly rehydrating very dry skin and it's completely non-irritating, even around the eyes. I sometimes use this on my eyes overnight for a moisture boost. It especially comes in handy during the dry winter weather.