Cliniderm Soothing Cream

Cliniderm  Soothing Cream

4.3

on 2/5/2017 3:35:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim after coming across it in my local Walmart. I had been dealing with extremely dry and flaky skin on my face since the start of the winter here in Canada and was looking to try something new to help combat it. This product totally did the trick!

It is a rich, thick cream without fragrance and is definitely non irritating for me as it claims. It locks moisture into the skin and keeps skin feeling moisturized for the whole day. You can feel it a bit on the skin sometime after applying it, so it isn't like one of those lotions that completely absorbs. It leaves a barrier on the skin, which I really like for these cold months. It doesn't feel greasy or gross, but like richly moisturized ad plump skin. I've never used anything that had a similar effect on my skin. It took my flaky skin away in just a few uses and it hasn't come back since.

I haven't used this under makeup, so I can't comment on how it affects wear etc.

I have acne prone, clog prone skin and this doesn't aggravate my skin at all. I have noticed no additional clogs or breakouts since using this product. It may have even helped calm my skin down a bit since the flaky skin itself sometimes creates clogs etc.

I definitely recommend you try this if you have dry or flaky skin!

on 11/2/2016 11:38:00 PM

I have some dehydration lines on my forehead from over use of a product that dried me right out and the first time I put this on my forehead my lines markedly decreased within a few hours (still not gone 100%). Very good product for targeted dehydration. Excited to see if this will plump those lines up over a longer period of time. Will update. I used this as my last step to seal in the moisture on top of the other products I use. It feels like nothing is on my face and there is a little bit of a dewy healthy glow. I do use other oils and moisturizers so the glow might be from those. Very good product for intense hydration. Worked quickly! It seems too thick too put on my entire face, so for now, I will use just on my dehydrated areas. I will keep on hand for the winter and see if my cheeks need it for an extra boost in the winter season.
Update: This did not hydrate as much as I wanted it too :( Discontinued use. I will keep it for the winter though and pull it out when I need it for legs/arms. I want to try and find something else that delivers hydration results.

on 2/8/2014 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very good no frills cream for when your skin is very angry and everything you put on it only makes it angrier. This plain jane drugstore cream will soothe and moisturize. I buy this product for what it doesn't do, irritate very sensitive, dry, mature, rosacea. Not crazy about the ingredients, but it works when nothing else will.

on 1/29/2014 5:04:00 PM

This is just a good cream to have around. It is really thick and "gluey" but it works. Its non-comedogenic, does not contain parabens, dyes, perfumes, etc. You can use it on your face and body and does a great job on both. Its great when you need some serious moisturizing. I wouldn't recommend it for the face unless you really need it and I would recommend using a small amount. For the body, it does a really good job at keeping the skin hydrated even during Canadian winters. Its not greasy. If you intend to use it on the body, the 100g bottle is pretty pricey at 18$, but if you're using it for the face, its a decent price because you only use a little at time. Its a no fuss product, without any fancy packaging, but its a good product to have around if you suffer from dry skin and/or live in a cold climate!

I love this cream ! Perfect for my sensitive skin. It is kind of rich, so I would not put this on summer time. But, it is perfect for winter, when I have dry cheeks. I would not put this on morning, because it is kind of heavy for my combo skin. I love this for evening, or for when I need extra moisture. Will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the driest skin in the world. My make up usually looks awful. For awhile there I was using alba botanicals. It seemed to work. Until I tried this. My skin soaked it like a sponge and it looks supple and smooth! The redness died down too because its not irritated. New HG. :)

on 7/11/2013 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

If I could describe Cliniderm as the ideal husband: not very attractive but very reliable, sturdy, gentle non-irritating, has body(volume), is there when you need him, long lasting... well that should be a reliable description.

It is excellent for problem skin, because it is "without parabens, dyes, perfume, lanolin, formaldehyde or proteins". I first bought it 6 years ago when my doctor recommended it for eczema, and every time I have very dry or eczema skin on face or body, I take it out and it works to moisturize very well.

It's unattractive because of it's fragrance free, white, and thick. My roommate described the consistency as "white glue", very adequte, because it even smells faintly like glue.
Another note is the packaging: the picture here is the 100g squeeze tube, quite hygiene, sold for about $18 CAD. There's also the 454g (1 pound) jar, sold for double the 100g price so that is definitely a better bargain.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For whatever reason, i am not attracted to plain packaging, unfragranced creams. They seem so boring to me .... but after using retin a and having peeling on my nose that wont seem to heal i needed something non orrotating and moisturizing to help fix my skin.
It is everything it says it is...no smell, non-irritating and moisturizing. I have oily skin and was worried with its thick consistency id have a terrible breakout but oddly my skin after a week is amazing. Its soft clear and dewy. Im honestly amazed. I will never use another product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The name on the tube is "Cliniderm Soothing Cream". I have gone through two tubes of this. I use it only in the winter or when my skin needs extra TLC. It has a very thick texture, which isn't the nicest since it makes it difficult to spread and feels a bit like vaseline on the face! However, it is completely fragrance free and does live up to it's "soothing" name. I usually use it on extra dry patches and it fixes them up quickly. It has never caused any sort of irritation. The price is reasonable. I never use this under makeup. It's the one cream I keep in the medicine cabinet so that it's on hand when I need it.

on 7/7/2011 1:30:00 PM

I found this rich moisturiser to be more than sufficient in combating my very dry skin. As an avid Retin-A Micro user, I have tried numerous "riche" moisturisers (Bioderma, Avene, and Biotherm to name a few) and while generally good, even the most "hypo-allergenic" varieties would cause slight irritation.
Through some research I found the irritant few Cliniderm, and at $17CAD for 100g I thought I would give it a shot. Overall its a great moisturiser.
While I like how the Cliniderm cream is rich and moisturising (maybe a little greasy), the fact that is doesn't nothing to irritate my skin is remarkable. I will definitely repurchase.