REVLON Shiny Sheers- Sheer Plumdrop 845

REVLON Shiny Sheers- Sheer Plumdrop 845
Shiny Sheers- Sheer Plumdrop 845

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is discontinued :( I love this color though--so few DS brand lipsticks are blue enough for my skin tone. My mom gave me two of these Shiny Sheers (the other is a more red/pink called Ruby Radiance and this color is my favorite of the two. I like that you can layer it without it smearing or streaking.

I would stock up on these if I see them out, but I have to say I never even noticed these when they first came out! :(

on 3/18/2009 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product. I'm on my third tube right now. It's a beautiful deep reddish plum colour, that you can layer to make it more intense. It can be layered deeply to look sultry or lightly for a soft classy look.

on 11/22/2008 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I never really liked Clinique's Black Honey, so I have no idea why I thought I'd try Sheer Plumdrop, BH's d/s dupe. It's a deep, wine-red stain that ages me about ten years. The formula is okay, and I like the skinny twist-up tube, but this is not a color I see myself wearing often, if at all.

on 11/13/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I picked up this color after reading reviews and I'm really impressed. I've been lemming a red lipstick so I've been checking out everything from mac and other department store brands to drug store brands. I've been finding a lot of really bright reds which look too harsh and orangy with my asian skin. I wanted a darker red which wouldn't clash with my coloring but I was having difficulty finding one and all I'm also scared of the color being too opague and ending up OTT or goth looking. I like Black Honey from Clinique but I find it a bit too brown so I was excited when I read how this is a redder version of Black Honey.

Price wise it wasn't too bad. I got it on sale for $6.99 CND from about $10 regular price. I picked up this color and when I put it on, it was nice and smooth. Not too opague. Similar in texture to Clinique's almost lipsticks. If you layer this a couple times the color is quite dark. I felt it was a bit too dark so I apply my mac lipglass Heartfelt pink over top and now it's perfect. It's the exact color I'm going for, deeper red but not too dark and the lipglass makes it a bit lighter and adds shimmer.

on 10/18/2008 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was browsing the drugstore aisles when I came upon this lipstick. I had recently tried Clinique's "Black Honey" and was just waiting for a chance to pick it up at the department store. So when I saw "Sheer Plumdrop", I thought it would be very similar and decided to try it. In the tube it looked darker than "Black Honey" (which is very sophisticated and lovely), but it actually turned out to be a slightly redder shade. It goes on almost like a shiny gloss, while "Black Honey" felt like a smooth lip balm. Both of them have buildable color. I like how it's very lightweight and gives me nice sheer berry lips. I think these two products are comparable, but I still want to buy "Black Honey" even though it's more expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just really like this product and this color. Its a bit deeper on me than the black honey which is great and it seems to stain your lips a deep just bitten shade which I love. I will be buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color beats the hell out of Clinique Black Honey as far as I'm concerned, and it isn't breakable as Neutrogena's Lipsheers.

I do see the blue sparkles people speak of, on the actually lipstick, but when I put it on my lips I do not see it at all, which is great! Lovely color that gives me a slightly enhanced, yet not too crazy to be unnatural, lip look.

One lipstick off as I feel it may be slightly drying and doesn't last super long--that doesn't bother me too much. I purchased this for $8 and I would buy again, if I had a coupon or if it were on sale.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this due to all the great reviews on this board but i found the color to be a little too dark on me which makes me look like a grandma. it is a little redder than clinique's black honey on my skin but for some reason on my lips, it turns into a darker wine color while black honey shows up as a rosier color.

on 4/4/2008 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is a fantastic plum gloss! Shiny Sheers aren't getting enough play and I'm terrified they are going to be discontinued. They really are wonderful, highly pigmented glosses that contain SPF 15, stay on, aren't sticky and look gorgeous! Oh, and did I mention that they are cheap? At my local drugstore they cost $8 CDN and often go on sale for $6, but they are worth more IMHO.

The applicator is a sleek black and gold, twist up tube. For most of the shades this is fine, but for the more sheer shades like Cocoa Glaze, my personal HG, I would have preferred a sponge applicator. However, for Plumdrop, the twist up works nicely.

Plumdrop is a medium shade of sheer plum wine with no shimmer. On it gives my skin and eyes a look of brightness and health and really awakens my skin. I think it also beings out the green in my eyes. I like that it has a tinge of wine in it too, a shade that seems to have been forgotten in recent years. It's less purple and more wine so I think it's much more flattering to skin tones, both warm and cool. Only African American women can get away with purple glosses in my opinion. But I digress. I'm fair warm skinned caucasian and I wear this, while my friend is medium cool skin toned Asian and she also wears it. I can manage this with warmer eye and blush shades and it works alright. This shade is comparable to Clinique Black Honey, though much glossier and costs a mere fraction of the price!

It helps to apply a lip liner and powder lightly before applying the gloss in order to help it stay on, and I do this for all my lip glosses.

I recommend Shiny Sheers to anyone! It's a fabulous product. I don't believe in department store superiority and I own plenty of department store products. I own over 100 lip sticks and glosses, most of them upscale, and Revlon Shiny Sheers are my favourite. Quite simply, they make my lips look younger, fuller, softer and come in beautiful shades for an amazing price. And they protect them with SPF!

on 11/3/2007 12:19:00 PM

I love this lipgloss! It reminds me a lot of Clinique's Almost Lipstick, only in a berry color (I'm a devotee of Black Honey). It goes on smoothly, lasts a long time, and is a great fall color. Big thumbs up!