Clinique Eye Shading Pencil

No Image

3.8

I love this in Charcoal Brown. It's a very natural brown to line with, but not as harsh as black. I use this to outline the outer corners of my eyes and extend the line a bit for a defined eye look. The best part about this is it doesn't scream 'liner!', it's more of a glamorous my eyes but better look. Will repurchase, if I ever run out. It does need to be reapplied once during the day, but other than that a great all over product.

on 2/17/2004 5:18:00 PM

I love this pencil. I've used Almost Black for over 20 years. I've tried lots of other liners but always come back to this one. The texture is good, it lasts well on my eyes, and the color is just perfect-not harsh on me like black, not too soft like grey.

on 4/15/2002 12:50:00 AM

I love this pencil. Lasts forever and stays put. The color charcoal brown is the only eyeliner that I have found that looks natural yet defined.

on 9/8/2002 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

dont like this as much as the quickliner for eyes. a little harder to blend. wont re purchase.

This eye pencil is alright. I have it in black and it's easy to create a thin line around the eye or shade it for a smokey eye. The consistency is right and I think it lasts ok.

on 11/6/2003 7:31:00 PM

Agree totally with Maude - charcoal brown is the most natural eye colour available. The pencil's consistency is a little hard for my liking, but this is my only gripe. I've bought this over and over again for ten years. My eyes are dark brown, I have dark lashes and brows, and quite fair skin. I've tried black, which always looks too hard, and chocolate colours in various brands, but always come back to this colour, which is perfect for me. Very natural but defining.
Edit: Try Smoky Brown Quickliner! It's even better!