Jane Iredale Pure Lash Extender & Conditioner ("Pure Lash Conditioner" is written on bottle)

Jane Iredale Pure Lash Extender & Conditioner (

4.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Algae Extract, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleic Acid, Vanilla Fruit Extract, Sweet Almond Extract

on 2/1/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Can't live without this!! My eyes are super sensitive so I only use natural mascara, but natural mascara gives lackluster results and can smear easy. This makes lashes POP and helps with staying power, all without irritants and chemicals.

I discovered this about 5 years ago when it was one of the only lash primers on the market at all. My lashes are a bit sparse, curly and very fine. I apply this, let it dry for about 1-2 minutes (it's easier to build volume if it's not fully dry) and then apply one coat of mascara for AMAZING results. I'll add a second coat if I really want to be feisty. It lengthens beautifully and adds volume for days.

I can't say it has helped my lashes grow but I l love it as a primer. It's very, very pricey but lasts a long time and does condition lashes so they are soft and healty.

on 11/25/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a holy grail for lashes! If I didn't come across this product I would stop using mascara. My lashes were so healthy and wonderful before I started using mascara. Although I didn't use any cheap or bad ones, I couldn't stop my lashes fall. Then I bought this conditioner and voila! No loss on my lashes! And whichever mascara you use, this improves its performance. With this product I can use even the worst mascaras and there's no lash loss and you still have voluminous and healthy lashes. I will definitely keep buying.

I received a sample of this when I purchased a bunch of Jane Iredale products from a local spa. I use this product at night before bed and I noticed a difference in the health of my eyelashes. Before, they were falling out more and were short and stubby. Now they hardly ever fall out, they are noticeably stronger, thicker, and slightly longer. When I wear mascara my lashes look amazing. Yay! I also use this on my eyebrows.

The only complaint I have is that half of the product gets stuck in the bottom of the tube and the wand can't reach it so I can't use it all up which is so wasteful. I added some water to it in hopes that it would help but it didn't.

Other than that, I plan on continuing using this amazing product at nighttime. Jane Iredale really makes amazing products!

on 7/8/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful! Conditions the lashes so well. I apply it in the evening, before going to bed. And after a couple of weeks, I really see a difference. My lashes are slightly longer, but definitely more voluminous and stronger. I am so happy with this product. This is a true 5 star for me.

on 11/28/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Okay, this product is well worth the time to write a review. And the money it costs :)
I use it daily as an eyelash primer under mascara (unless i have a makeup free day when I don't see a point of putting any product on the lashes), and it works simply perfect!
Before, I found my eyelashes got shorter and unhappy after several days of mascara wear - the thin ends of the lashes dried out and broke off, that was so evident that I occasionally had to give them several mascara-less days off. I guess the least such effect I got was only from an Estee Lauder mascara which actually kinda seemed to grow lashes Unless worn long hours. Their Clinique subsidiary's one had no such effect, surprisingly; mascaras by Guerlain, Dior, Chanel, Givenchy, Helena Rubinstein, - even that special HR release that was meant to make 'em grow, had different levels of devastating effect on my lashes and some of them badly smudged onto the lower lid after a good gym workout (a total crime the EL never commited). Then I did try some natural brands mascaras (dr Haushka, Lavera, sth else) but they refused to stay on my lashes the whole day (hello mascara specks under the eyes) and to my dismay did nothing good to my eyelashes, but what they did was get into my eyes giving me red itchy eye! At some point, EL released their eyelash conditioner - and it was good, but not a miracle worker - it did help my eyelashes not to break but that was all, and the ingredients were quite far from natural. I also tried the then newly released Givenchy conditioner (or was it Guerlain? sth with a G, with some algae extract, total crap), which did nothing and didn' even hold the candle to the EL one. And I did try some indi natural brands conditioners, but those were mostly oily conditioners not meant to be worn undr mascara.
So, I wanted a primer with good ingredients and effective and no-nonsense. Aand EL announced switching to a black-coloured conditioner (traters! like, do I want some tar/colorant/whichever black stuff they use applied directly to my lashes in the conditioner? well, all to the better). About that time I went to get a JI powder foundation (was it my first JI purchase? oh, memories:)) , and while at the counter I saw This. The ingredients were very surprisingly perrrfect! Not all JI products have perfect ingredients; and I kinda didn't expect that from a mascara-like product, tho non-coloured. It has become my HG lash primer. Mind, it is not even marketed as a primer, but it works as such like a charm! I now don't worry about using "chemical" mascaras that perform well but have scary stuff in them, and don't have to bother with badly performing natural brands mascaras (I demand that mascara stays put during workout or in any life's circumstances!). My eyelashes look simply happy - long, conditioned, never breaking at the ends. Mascara holds so well on top (I did worry it would slide off - but no such thing) and, as the PLC acts as a shield not letting mascara stick directly to the lashes, it is so easy to wash/take it off with a mild makeup remover/foam (before, I had some trouble with taking mascara fully off).
I did need to rethink the mascara I use because the PLC apllies (or I apply it so) rather thickly, so a thick mascara on top looks too heavy for my taste. If you need/like that look - that might be a good thing for you. So I now look for very liquidy mascaras that give a very thin layer of color but don't add much thickness. And I also look for those with thin hard brushes (as close as poss. to that long-forgone and badly missed Lancome Fatale triangular plastic comb that I loved so much)- as I don't like the fuss of using a comb. Well, fuss is what I do now, as last year Givenchy reformulated their Phenomen'eyes (that with a ball-shaped comb) and the new formula is too thick and sticky, so I apply it to the aforementioned Lancome comb that I luckily keeped - and That one does the trick with the needed look easily. But I totally hate the fuss, so next on is a Dior with a pink silicon brush, forgot the name. (Why are all "proper" eyelash comb tools so long-toothed and scary to put close to the eye? Am I the only one in the world not enjoying sharp long metal needley things around my eyes?)
To sum up: the PLC is HG material, lash-gro, magical, etc :)
Oh, and once opened it is good for 12(!) months, so, being careful with keeping it clean, i'm able to use it fully up, which is about 10 +/- months for me.

on 7/24/2014 9:31:00 PM

Love.....
I signed onto this site just so I can leave a positive review! This stuff is made from magic, after about 2 weeks or so of applying it every morning and night it has thickened, lengthened my lashes so much when I put mascara on top i almost look like i'm wearing fakes.
I use it on my bottom lash too, and mine almost doubled in length in about a week. I now use it only at night and I put it on my brows too and it's thickening that too.
So buying more of this to stockpile!

on 12/24/2013 4:24:00 AM

I bought this JI PureLash to get thicker stronger lashes. I apply at night, to a clean face. I do not use this as a lash primer. After years of little or no eye makeup, I started wearing makeup every day. My lashes were taking a beating from mascara and curling. I can tell you after wearing this now for almost a month, my lashes are longer, thicker, and noticeably enhanced. I don't notice losing any lashes either.

There is a home made solution you can try as well. It's coconut oil, castor oil, and avocado oil mixed together, and applied with a mascara brush that is disposable. You can buy at the drug store. Anyway, I've done both and the JI works better and faster. I apply the homemade concoction on my eyebrows and they got bushier faster.

Here's the rub, I'm allergic to eye glue for falsies and haven't yet found a hypoallergenic brand of glue that doesn't make my eyes swell and weep. So thumbs up on the Jane Iredale product. I'm a real pain in the arse, with allergies and skin sensitives. Thanks to breast cancer, I have a taxed immune system. I'm a walking white corpuscle. Anyways, boo hoo, I'm fine now, but I want lushous lashes again!

Try this out, and be patient. It's not meant to work overnight.

Glamour takes time and patience but you'll get there!

Cheers!

Carmen

on 5/10/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is great! It makes your lashes look so good with or without mascara. I adore this product and definitely recommend it to anyone. No matter which mascara I use with this it looks great! So if you want to offset the expense of this purchase a cheaper mascara and use this under. I recommend voluminous power volume 24 hour in black smoke. I got that for 5.99 and love it alone and with the Jane iredale conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of those items I threw into an online order at the last minute not really thinking I'd be terribly impressed by it. After using it almost daily for a few months (and I still haven't run out) I can honestly say I am SO GLAD I made this impulse purchase!

The conditioner applies easily and you can see where you're putting it as it is a stark white color like most lash primers. It's dries quickly but doesn't get too stiff to impede mascara application. As a primer it gives an instantly longer look to lashes and helps to keep them separated so I rarely even need to comb after applying mascara.

It takes a while to see any results without makeup, but the ingredients in here are definitely doing something right. I already had some pretty noteworthy growth going on from using castor oil at night but some of the new lashes from the castor stopped growing at an awkward length and had a tendency to stick out in all the wrong directions. Adding the JI conditioner during the day has helped get those shorties growing faster and my lashes look longer and thicker all around.

I've also noticed my lashes just feel softer - so much so that even when I am in a rush and skip this product my mascara applies easier.

Other notes:
The brush is amazing. I want this brush in every mascara I use!
When I first opened the tube it had a somewhat overwhelming vanilla fragrance emanating from it but it seems that I have either gotten used to this or it fades with time.
I haven't experienced any irritation from this product.

I never even understood the point of using a primer on eyelashes before trying this product but I love that with the PureLash Conditioner I can get an instant aesthetic improvement and know that I am using something that (so far) is giving lasting results.

At $16 I think this is pretty reasonably priced, especially since it lasts a long time and I will DEFINITELY be purchasing again when I run out.

on 11/18/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have fairly puny lashes, so I like to wear a good primer under my Blinc mascara, to add some “oomph.”
I should probably add that I’ve been using Tarte lash serum for about two weeks now, so that *could* be a reason why my lashes have been looking good lately, but I still think this primer is very good.

I’d been wearing MAC Prep + Prime Lash, and liked it, but I stopped buying MAC when Estee Lauder began testing on animals. In an effort to find a good replacement, I tried Tarte (meh),e.l.f. (fair, but not great), Blinc (yuck), Urban Decay (meh), and J.Lynne (meh). Jane Iredale Pure Lash seemed to get good reviews, and is cruelty-free, so I decided to give it a try.

Since I’d already spent considerable money trying primers I didn’t like, I proceeded with caution, and bought a tiny sample size of Pure Lash on eBay.

My advice is, if you’re interested in this product, go ahead and spring for a full size. The sample sizes are so incredibly tiny that the brush is practically useless. Truly, the brush is about as long as a straight pin, making it difficult to get the product on your lashes.

Once you do succeed in applying this primer, it works great. It goes on white, but quickly becomes invisible, leaving none of that dreaded “white stuff” to cover up. It adds good length and volume, and is wonderfully smooth. My mascara has looked great all day, and my lashes have held their curl. There’s no clumpiness, either, which is a great plus.

I hastened to order a full size; it’s reasonable, at about $16.00. If the full size performs as well as the sample, I think I’ve found my new lash primer!

UPDATE: I got a full-size, and I'm very pleased with this product's performance. It is the smoothest, least clumpy under-mascara primer I've ever used, MAC included, and it imparts lovely length and volume without looking or feeling heavy. The brush is good, too - a convenient length, and not too "fat."

This is the one I'll buy again and again! continued >>

Popular Mascaras