Avon Personal Match Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.2

on 8/11/2009 10:42:00 AM

This is a good, reasonably priced loose powder. I had no problem finding the right color. It leaves a nice finish, doesn't get cakey on me, and gives a nice matte look without being drying. I don't use this all the time, so the container lasts forever. But a little goes a long way.

Avon used to have a product called Turn it Loose Powder mill, which was a pressed powder that had a shaver so you could shave off just enough for one use, then it was not messy. I preferred that, but this is still good.

Absolutely in love with this product. I have VERY OILY acne prone skin. I've used countless products (toners, moisturizers, powders, oil sheets) to control the shine, but no matter what I did, my skin became oily within minutes. So I found this in my mother's draw and used it (took it since she didn't use it anyway.. haha.) Gave my face a beautiful matte finish without giving me that "over-powdered' look. My face stayed oil free throughout the day. I also love that the powder doesn't spill all over my bag like all the other powders I've used. A must have for those who want to control oil!

on 2/15/2008 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i got it in porcellain and expected it to be light both in color and texture- my skin is very fair so every smallest nuance in color makes a difference.

i found it to be too light- almost white on my skin, so it looks as if i put wheat flour on my face! Also i tried to apply it with a brush, with different puffs- doesn't work at all. it feels to heavy and doesn't spread evenly at all.

definitely not gonna buy it again- i was disappointed because i used to have a personal match foundation previously and it was so good!

on 7/21/2007 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in "Porcelain." My first thought upon seeing it was, "Oh, no; this is going to be too peachy for me!" I'm NW15; brunette; green eyes.

BUT when I applied a light dusting with a big fluffy powder brush, this powder didn't look too peachy, and did a good job of rendering chronically shiny areas like my nose and cheeks matte, but not a chalky/masky matte.

I deduct one lippie total on account of packaging(a sifter can be a good thing, but I had a hard time getting a reasonable amount of powder through this sifter) and the powder's slight tendency to clump.

Overall, it's a good, though not exciting, product. I'd buy it again. I do wish that there were a wider selection of shades.
FURTHER NOTE: I discovered that if I add a little of Pure Luxe's Translucent Matte Setting Powder to "Porcelain," I get the perfect matte-but-not-masky finishing powder for my extremely oily NW15 skin. continued >>

on 4/13/2007 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have always been a revlon pressed powder girl but when I started selling Avon, I wanted to try this product. It's packaged nicely, so that spills are limited. I apply it with the included puff and always get a nice, smooth application. It lasts longer than the pressed powders and you definitely get your money worth!!