Avon Personal Match Loose Powder

No Image

3.7

on 2/15/2008 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i got it in porcellain and expected it to be light both in color and texture- my skin is very fair so every smallest nuance in color makes a difference.

i found it to be too light- almost white on my skin, so it looks as if i put wheat flour on my face! Also i tried to apply it with a brush, with different puffs- doesn't work at all. it feels to heavy and doesn't spread evenly at all.

definitely not gonna buy it again- i was disappointed because i used to have a personal match foundation previously and it was so good!

on 10/29/2007 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

unexpectedly good. i use it over my colorstay foundation and it provides a light, sheer, matte finish. nice packaging. cheap price..... almost perfect :)

on 3/29/2007 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I never was a "loose powder" kind of gal. It always seemed too messy to me. I never thought that it was worth the effort. But some makeup artists recommendations that I read online made me try it for once. I took my chances with Avon's Personal Match. I am so glad that I did. Pressed powders (no matter which brand I have tried -including Lancome) always look artificial and caked on. But this stuff, when applied with a soft large face brush is exactly like satin. And completely undetectable. I have combination face and this powder works wonders for people with my type of skin. It has a very soft and silky finish which mattifies my oily areas and balances my drier areas. Just as promisted. I chose the Beige color and I was worried that it might be too dark but it turned out to be perfect for my fair-to-olive skin.

From Avon's Website:
Personal Match Makeup is formulated with all the essential skin-true pigments needed to match over 98% of skin tones. Also adds moisture or absorbs excess oil where needed, and protects against pollutants and other environmental stressors. A sweep of featherweight powder makes a world of difference. The self-balancing, "self liquifying," formula leaves an even, velvety finish.

Ingredients: TALC, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, CALCIUM SILICATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ZINC STEARATE, SQUALANE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, KAOLIN, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE,
LECITHIN,LAURYL PCA,POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE,ZINC PCA, HYDROXYAPATITE, BHT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ZINC OXIDE, GLYCERIN, METHICONE,
BASSIA LATIFOLIA SEED BUTTER, ISOSTEARYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SUCROSE DISTEARATE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM PCA, UREA, ATELOCOLLAGEN, SODIUM HYALURONATE,
TREHALOSE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE,