NYX Full Coverage Concealer Jar

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaben, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

I LOVE NYX products they're adorable, cruelty free and amazing quality. What more could you ask for? I use this under the eyes and although creak products do look cakey under the eye with the right technic this looks flawless. I use an orange or peach corrector under my eye, a touch of liquid concealer and then blend and then I use this on top of that blender concealer applying it with a brush and then blending out with my beauty blender. This technic actually works if you suffer from really dark under eyes like me. If you don't suffer from dark under eyes then count yourself lucky and don't bother using cream concealers like this. Oh and YES it WILL crease but majority concealers for tbh.

creased!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is heavy, drying, and I hate the packaging. PASS!

This review is for the Green concealer jar.

I picked this up on a whim when I saw it in the clearance section of my local drugstore. I had been wanting to try a green concealer for breakouts but never put the effort into finding one. I must say it's pretty great. Been using it for about 8 months now and there's hardy a dip in the jar. I use it for spot treating on single breakouts. I usually have about 2-4 on any given day. It blends out great and is completely invisible under concealer or liquid foundation. I would not recommend it for concealing large areas of redness but for smaller spots it's perfect.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. For being a drugstore concealer, it definitely covers and has little to no creasing. Its not amazing for my dry skin. However, I would totally buy this again as a back-up concealer. Would recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the NYX dark circle concealer in the color DCC01 in fair. It was a pretty nice concealer for the price, really similar in a way to Benefit erase paste for the color and the texture and the coverage.

It's not HG, but for the price it's great. I use it under another concealer to conceal the darkness, and then the other one on top to hide and illuminate. I like it!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Cheap, but meh.

Came across this randomly, did a little double take at the price, then decided to get it in the lightest colour (porcelain) for concealing/ highlighting under my eyes, at £5.50 it'd be rude not to really.

On bare skin it's ok but doesn't particularly conceal anything (just looks like bb cream) did ok-ish with redness round the nose.
On top of foundation it's much better, not amazing but a passable concealer for day to day use, blends well and doesn't seem to cake.

*TIP seems to apply better when dabbed on with a fingertip rather than a sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To me, this is a perfect example of a middle of the road product. It's basically okay in everything, though not great at anything, not dreadful for anything.

I bought this is Fair, hoping that it could be used for concealing under my eyes. While it is pretty light, definitely light enough to be a little highlighting even for pale folks like me, I don't like it much for under the eyes. The formula isn't as creamy and moisturizing as I need it to be to not crease or empathise my fine lines. Though if you have no fine lines and/or is oily in that area, I'm sure it'll work better for you than it did for me.

As a spot concealer, it does an okay job. I'd say it's about medium coverage, but you can probably build it up to full. I don't know if my spots are somehow concealer resistant, or if it's this concealer, but either way it does seem to move around quite easily on my skin. I'll go over my face with powder on a fluffy brush and suddenly the concealer will have moved and the redness I just carefully concealed is showing again.

Another thing - I find it very, very hard to pick up this product with my brushes!? I only use synthetic/vegan brushes, and those bristles are often quite smooth. Brushes with natural hair that are more coarse might pick up more product, I don't know. Again, I feel like this ties into the product not being very creamy.

I will probably use this for as long as it's still good to use, mostly as spot concealing in the winter when I'm at my palest, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer did not disappoint! I'd say I like this one more than my Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I am in the shade Beige (004) and it perfectly matches me.

I was a little bit hesitant to try out a jar concealer as I worried about the hassle (especially in the mornings) but I had nothing to fear. It's reasonably creamy hence for me, personally, does not require a concealer brush. My fingers pick up product just fine without having to scoop it out with my fingernails (yuck!).

It is very buildable but only up to a certain point. After applying a lot it begins to slide around the face and doesn't set. It gives a lot more coverage than the fit me concealer which was what I was hoping for. It is pretty much full coverage but not from the first swipe - it needs at least a couple of layers. If you only apply a little bit it's medium coverage. Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you want full coverage you can get it but it might take a bit of work. However, it is pretty long lasting, and I only need to touch up with some powder perhaps once throughout my day.

I am not used to concealers creasing under my eyes. This one does though, but once I set it with powder I no longer have that problem anymore.

Some things I DON'T like about it: it's a little on the thicker side. I find myself wishing it was a tad creamier so it would be that little bit more blendable. The fact that I have to set it with powder (which I am not used to as I'm not prone to the problem) is a bit of an added annoyance as well.

This isn't really a holy grail product for me, but I would repurchase it if I was in urgent need of a concealer and wanted something reliable. It's got good coverage and is pretty long lasting, the two things I care about most in a concealer.

**EDIT**: had to take a lippie off after using this more extensively. It is most definitely NOT long lasting! Firstly, as I said before, you have to apply several layers to get full coverage. On an everyday basis, I find it incredibly annoying to have to apply it four times on my blemishes or under eyes just to cover them up. Second of all, as another reviewer mentioned, the minute you try to set it with powder it takes a bit of it off, and lastly, within a few hours my blemishes are visible again! Setting spray did not prolong the wear. In the end I gave up on this concealer because while it is okay, it's just a right whole pain in the ass to use in the mornings especially if you're in a rush. I might have finished it if I'd spent a lot on it, but it was cheap, so I gave it to my roommate. I guess if you don't need much coverage or don't mind spending so much time concealing only for it to wear off super quick you'd like this? I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, three is too generous but two is a little harsh because it is still an okay concealer, I just lack the patience to deal with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Firstly, I have fair/ivory to light beige skin with an oily t zone and dry patches around the corners of my nose. I have this concealer in beige and yellow. You can find my review of the yellow one on its page.

Pros:
- covers up my small light reddish pimples really well.
- hides minor skin discoloration aka darker spots from old pimples
- packaging is light weight and easily transportable
- warm it up on your hand first before applying it (trust me, it makes a difference). those who are giving this 3 lippies or less aren't using this concealer properly imo.
- longwear for sure, touch ups periodically (because I have oily skin) but if you have normal skin, you'll be fine
- doesn't cling to my dry patches.
- less is more!

Cons:
- effectiveness of this concealer will vary based on skin types. love it on my oily chin
- I prefer yellow to cover deep red/purpleish pimples because that's what yellow colour corrects. green works better for just bright red pimples, imo.
- you have to purchase a concealer brush (if you don't already have one) b/c using your fingers to scoop it out is unsanitary.

I've only been using this concealer for a week so if I change my mind about anything, I will definitely have to edit this.
Hope this helps!

**EDIT**
I've been using this for a month now and I'm on that menstrual cycle (tmi, im sorry)...sometimes i get nasty bean size cystic pimples and this does NOT do the job on cystic pimples. i guess cause cystic pimples are more intense? this concealer doesn't cover up the redness (maybe i need to buy the green one?) and when you set it with powder, it looks off - the whole thing is ruined.. not sure how to explain it but you cant set this concealer with powder over cystic pimples. if you have normal pimples or none at all, you'll be fine with this concealer.

**EDIT #2**
During those peak hormonal cycles... my chin gets really oily (more oily than my normal amount) and this concealer doesn't hold up on my pimples as much as it normally does. so those who are experiencing the same thing, push through those annoying times and then your skin will be fine and dandy and this concealer will work again :)