NYX Full Coverage Concealer Jar

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaben, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Cheap, but meh.

Came across this randomly, did a little double take at the price, then decided to get it in the lightest colour (porcelain) for concealing/ highlighting under my eyes, at £5.50 it'd be rude not to really.

On bare skin it's ok but doesn't particularly conceal anything (just looks like bb cream) did ok-ish with redness round the nose.
On top of foundation it's much better, not amazing but a passable concealer for day to day use, blends well and doesn't seem to cake.

*TIP seems to apply better when dabbed on with a fingertip rather than a sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To me, this is a perfect example of a middle of the road product. It's basically okay in everything, though not great at anything, not dreadful for anything.

I bought this is Fair, hoping that it could be used for concealing under my eyes. While it is pretty light, definitely light enough to be a little highlighting even for pale folks like me, I don't like it much for under the eyes. The formula isn't as creamy and moisturizing as I need it to be to not crease or empathise my fine lines. Though if you have no fine lines and/or is oily in that area, I'm sure it'll work better for you than it did for me.

As a spot concealer, it does an okay job. I'd say it's about medium coverage, but you can probably build it up to full. I don't know if my spots are somehow concealer resistant, or if it's this concealer, but either way it does seem to move around quite easily on my skin. I'll go over my face with powder on a fluffy brush and suddenly the concealer will have moved and the redness I just carefully concealed is showing again.

Another thing - I find it very, very hard to pick up this product with my brushes!? I only use synthetic/vegan brushes, and those bristles are often quite smooth. Brushes with natural hair that are more coarse might pick up more product, I don't know. Again, I feel like this ties into the product not being very creamy.

I will probably use this for as long as it's still good to use, mostly as spot concealing in the winter when I'm at my palest, but I won't be repurchasing.

To Read all 366 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer did not disappoint! I'd say I like this one more than my Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I am in the shade Beige (004) and it perfectly matches me.

I was a little bit hesitant to try out a jar concealer as I worried about the hassle (especially in the mornings) but I had nothing to fear. It's reasonably creamy hence for me, personally, does not require a concealer brush. My fingers pick up product just fine without having to scoop it out with my fingernails (yuck!).

It is very buildable but only up to a certain point. After applying a lot it begins to slide around the face and doesn't set. It gives a lot more coverage than the fit me concealer which was what I was hoping for. It is pretty much full coverage but not from the first swipe - it needs at least a couple of layers. If you only apply a little bit it's medium coverage. Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you want full coverage you can get it but it might take a bit of work. However, it is pretty long lasting, and I only need to touch up with some powder perhaps once throughout my day.

I am not used to concealers creasing under my eyes. This one does though, but once I set it with powder I no longer have that problem anymore.

Some things I DON'T like about it: it's a little on the thicker side. I find myself wishing it was a tad creamier so it would be that little bit more blendable. The fact that I have to set it with powder (which I am not used to as I'm not prone to the problem) is a bit of an added annoyance as well.

This isn't really a holy grail product for me, but I would repurchase it if I was in urgent need of a concealer and wanted something reliable. It's got good coverage and is pretty long lasting, the two things I care about most in a concealer.

**EDIT**: had to take a lippie off after using this more extensively. It is most definitely NOT long lasting! Firstly, as I said before, you have to apply several layers to get full coverage. On an everyday basis, I find it incredibly annoying to have to apply it four times on my blemishes or under eyes just to cover them up. Second of all, as another reviewer mentioned, the minute you try to set it with powder it takes a bit of it off, and lastly, within a few hours my blemishes are visible again! Setting spray did not prolong the wear. In the end I gave up on this concealer because while it is okay, it's just a right whole pain in the ass to use in the mornings especially if you're in a rush. I might have finished it if I'd spent a lot on it, but it was cheap, so I gave it to my roommate. I guess if you don't need much coverage or don't mind spending so much time concealing only for it to wear off super quick you'd like this? I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, three is too generous but two is a little harsh because it is still an okay concealer, I just lack the patience to deal with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Firstly, I have fair/ivory to light beige skin with an oily t zone and dry patches around the corners of my nose. I have this concealer in beige and yellow. You can find my review of the yellow one on its page.

Pros:
- covers up my small light reddish pimples really well.
- hides minor skin discoloration aka darker spots from old pimples
- packaging is light weight and easily transportable
- warm it up on your hand first before applying it (trust me, it makes a difference). those who are giving this 3 lippies or less aren't using this concealer properly imo.
- longwear for sure, touch ups periodically (because I have oily skin) but if you have normal skin, you'll be fine
- doesn't cling to my dry patches.
- less is more!

Cons:
- effectiveness of this concealer will vary based on skin types. love it on my oily chin
- I prefer yellow to cover deep red/purpleish pimples because that's what yellow colour corrects. green works better for just bright red pimples, imo.
- you have to purchase a concealer brush (if you don't already have one) b/c using your fingers to scoop it out is unsanitary.

I've only been using this concealer for a week so if I change my mind about anything, I will definitely have to edit this.
Hope this helps!

**EDIT**
I've been using this for a month now and I'm on that menstrual cycle (tmi, im sorry)...sometimes i get nasty bean size cystic pimples and this does NOT do the job on cystic pimples. i guess cause cystic pimples are more intense? this concealer doesn't cover up the redness (maybe i need to buy the green one?) and when you set it with powder, it looks off - the whole thing is ruined.. not sure how to explain it but you cant set this concealer with powder over cystic pimples. if you have normal pimples or none at all, you'll be fine with this concealer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I first ran my finger over this I thought ew greasy non covering mess but after mixing it up a bit the consistency was better. This covers my under eye darkness well but as for the red in my face, eh it's ok but I'm not too impressed. It also showed my dry skin horribly. I was hoping to find something similar and cheaper than Benefit boiing but this def isn't it. I will keep this around for my eyes though and probably repurchase since its cheap.
The color I bought is Porcelain and it matchess my skin tone well (Loreal TM W2, & MAC NC15-20 I'm in between shades)

Hi MakeupAlley,

I used to believe that Hard Candy Glamoflauge Lite, bendable concealer duo was my HG concealer. No more! The NYX Full Coverage Concealer IS my HG concealer without any doubt!
It comes in a tiny pot like jar. The consistency is on the thick side, but seriously who really wants a runny, liquidy concealer that washes in or mixes in with your foundation and primer?! NOT ME! If that's the case why even waste your hard earned money on something that will blend in or you sweat it off in the heat and humidity of the Summer?! You want the coverage to stay where you place it! Don't You? So MUA, I'm going to tell you how to use a jar concealer. L.
* First you need to use a spatula or something other than your fingers and nails to get some concealer out of the jar. Using your fingers, you contaminate the rest of the concealer in the jar. Gross! You take the concealer and place it on the back of your clean hands and with a brush, slightly stir it around. This will warm up the concealer. Now it's ready to be applied to wherever you need it..under your eye's, broken capillaries, dark spots, acne scars, ect. Please remember to use the brush. If you need a little more, you do the same thing. What you don't want to ever do is put anything unused back into that jar! You're just asking for breakout's! It's better to use less, and if you need more, you can get more. But keep in mind that by warming up the concealer it will expand, so you shouldn't need more, but if you do on that day for some reason, no worries. No big deal. You will see how very easy it is to blend in and cover anything! You will also notice that it feels lightweight on your skin and not thick and cakey! It doesn't seep into any fine lines, laugh line's, ect.. considering that it is a thick looking concealer! Looks CAN be very deceiving. I'm a woman over 40, 46 in September..so please believe me when I say that it doesn't creep into anything! ( Yup, I just gave my age away! Lol. I own it! Be happy in the skin you are in. Trust Me. Life's too short to worry or waste!)😃 Ok, so I cover my dark under eye circles, red broken capillaries, that many people think it's just a large red pimple on my nose! Lol. It's from my airbag when I was involved in a bad car accident. Nothing I EVER used stayed on, or covered it... UNTIL NOW! But it's not drying at all, and it is a full coverage concealer! There is no right or wrong way to what order you put it on. For my underwear circles, I put concealer on first and then the foundation. For my red broken capillaries, I put concealer on after the foundation and after the powder. Then I use my own rosewater mist n set. I make my own, but you can use whatever makes you happy. e.l.f. has a set n mist that's awesome and cheap, or you can go high-end too. Whatever makes you happy! I LOVE making and using my own. So, after all this, I really do hope that I have been a little bit helpful, with how to warm up concealer and then put it on in a way to make it stay and you won't have to reapply it. As long as you press it into your skin with a sponge or puff from your pressed powder. Never wipe or smear or tug on the makeup you just put on, because then you're wiping off what you just did. Makeup is supposed to be fun and a reflection of your beauty. I hope this helps and keep smiling! Have a great day MUA! 😉😁

I pretty much skipped under eye concealing on daily basis because nearly all concealers would just horribly crease on me. I got NYX Concealer Jar in the lightest shade in Porcelain and I tried it right away on my under eye area (plus setting it with powder immediately!) aaand guess what, no creasing! Haven't yet been wearing it for a longer period of time (6h-->) so can't give a review on that. So far, I'm pleased.

Also conceals blemishes quite nicely.

Downside? Well, I did hope porcelain would be more fair to give that brightening effect but it's just pretty much matches my skin, not being any lighter. That's good too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

CJo1 Porcelain is the first drugstore concealer that matches my skin tone. Buildable coverage, will crease, and setting is necessary. Very blendable. Not cakey. I have oily skin w/dry patches, and this doesn't cling to dry patches nor slide off my oily skin.

This concealer impressed me. While i'd say it's coverage is medium but buildable, it didnt feel thick. It's actually a nice thin and smooth cream, not the melted feeling kind of creme. It's very easy to blend out with a makeup sponge and lasts quite a few hours. I recommend setting it immediately with an under eye powder to avoid creasing. It has only creased a couple of times on me but not enough for it to be a con of the product. Overall this is pretty decent especially for the price so i definitely recommend that people give it a try.

Covers surprisingly well and blends nicely, and the lightest shade is just perfect for my very pale skin.