Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover
image 1image 2image 3

2.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I hate, hate, hate this stuff!

First of all, it does not remove makeup. I felt like I had to pull at my skin a lot to get any form of effect, and even then it wasn't great. Even on days where I only had very light eye makeup, this got half of it off at best. It's like a tiny step up from water, but not at all effective.

Next, I'd like to dispute the claim that it's gentle. My skin is reasonably dry, and eyes a sensitive body part, hence why I went for the gentle one. This stings a lot! Essentially, it feels like putting antibacterial gel on your eyes (except it was a water consistency). You can really feel that alcohol in it, and the corners of my eyes felt dry and irritated for around a week afterwards.

The one good thing I can say about this product is that it's cheap- however, that counts for nothing, as it doesn't remove makeup and basically assaults your eyes.

on 12/30/2015 6:53:00 PM

This is ok, it does what it does what it's supposed to (except being gentle). It removes my mascara, eyeliner, eye-shadow even my brow pencil. The only issue I have with this is that it doesn't take away all the shimmer from my shimmery eye-shadows. It does sting when it touches my eyeballs by accident. It leaves this tacky residue on the lid after using this.

To Read all 110 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/7/2015 6:31:00 AM

this makeup remover can't remove makeup at all. when it comes to a non-waterproof eyeliner it just smudges everything all over the eyes, and when you try to remove the smudge it just won't go away at all. there is nothing to say about waterproof makeup, is just stays on the eyes, no matter how much makeup remover you will apply to it. as said in older reviews- this product is no better than tap water

on 3/23/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Extra gentle? What...? This badly stung my eyes, gave me the worst milia of my life, and left me with dry under-eyes. After months of using different eye creams, my skin in finally back to normal. Don't use this product unless you want to speed-up your aging process.

on 3/5/2015 6:56:00 PM

I bought this as an emergency fill in for my usual eye makeup remover when I ran out because it was on offer in Asda and Nivea is generally a very reliable brand... big mistake! This stuff is rubbish. I wear an average amount of eye makeup, most of which is basic high street brand, and this doesn't even almost take it off. I soaked a cotton pad and held it on my eye for ages, then wiped away and my eye still had most of my makeup. There seems to be no amount of rubbing and extra product that will make this actually remove makeup. I ended up using olive oil to take the black smudges off, it's about as good as using tap water.
It's also not "extra gentle," it contains fragrance and benzyl alcohol and stung my eyes and make the skin underneath quite red and dry. I think it hurts so much because for it to be in any way effective you have to really rub your eyes, leaving them sore and red.
I bought two bottles because of the special offer which is annoying, as there's no way I can continue using this. Not recommended for dry skin, sensitive eyes or mascara, unfortunately!

on 2/18/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is actually a quite decent eye make-up remover. I can't say anything bad about it. It doesn't irritate my eyes that much. It's one of the most gentle removers I've used. I don't use waterproof mascara, so removing a regular mascara wasn't that difficult. It has a nice scent and it's cheap. Buying it wasn't such a big mistake.

This remover has a nice scent and provides a fresh feeling when applied, but it just doesn't clean thoroughly. It has a hard time removing my non-waterproof mascara. Furthermore, this is more gentle than some of its competitors but still not completely suitable for sensitive eyes, as my skin does react with minor redness, especially as the low cleaning power forces you to rub more.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this a couple days ago. It freaking burns!!! "Extra Gentle" Yeah right. Do not let this stuff near your eyes, especially if it gets past the lids! It's been 30 mins and my eyes are still watering, and there is still some mascara smudging left over anyway. Not a recommended purchase.

on 8/11/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years now and I will continue. It doesnt irritate. It is fast, I dont have to use so many cotton pads. It is cheap. I would buy more expensive if it is neccessary but it isnt. In fact I am surprised of so many bad reviews. I dont use waterproof mascaras, maybe this is the reason why this remover works for me.

I bought this eye makeup remover because of the low cost and the Nivea brand, both of which I thought were good. Truth is, this eye makeup remover just isn't as good as others I've used. The main reason I dislike it is that it leaves a sticky residue on your skin once used which doesn't feel great, especially around the eye area for which it is designed. Other than that, it has a nice fragrance and is inexpensive, so if you wash your face with water anyway, as I do, after using this, it isn't that bad. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but wouldn't buy again.