Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

3.5

on 4/5/2011 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I knew i wouldnt like this. I wasnt thinking at the time though. I was like oh sweet a matte bronzer with some eyeshadows built in! Great just what i want, a really crappy pigmented eyeshadows that are no good but just pigmented enough so that when you go for just the matte bronzer, you pick up some chunky glitter on your face. Why would anyone buy this? I dont really know, unless you like the tacky glitter on your face maybe? But i bought it i guess :(

The thing that I don't like about this bronzer is the glitter that comes embedded in it. When I looked at the product through the packaging it didn't look like it had SO much glitter. Now I am very pale so I wear bronzer all over my face and I don't like that it looks like I put straight glitter on my face. Would not purchase again.

on 7/26/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on clearance at Walgreens for like $3.50, so I am not sure if they are completely discontinuing it or Walgreens is just not going to carry it anymore. But I really love it, if I could find this somewhere else at regular price I would buy it. This is a great bronzer that is not a bit orange, but it is also not too brown so it won't make you look dirty. I also love how they have a little bit of highlighters on the side, they are nice too, not too shimmery. I really love it and I hope I will be able to be able to find it again.

on 4/26/2009 10:36:00 AM

I bought this in healthy glow bronzer to use as a natural looking bronzer. Well I brushed it over my nose, cheeks and forehead and it looked great but didn't really add color just matched my own skin tone. But throughout the night I would check my face and my skin just looked absolutely amazing. So long story short I haven't used face powder since middle school but I now use this as an all over face powder. It doesn't make my face look dry and powdery but doesn't look shiny either just really clear and healthy.

on 3/9/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so the packaging got me to try this one. ;-) It seems I never have any luck with Physicians Formula though, but I had high hopes for this pretty little gem. I love the container and the design on the top of the Bronzer. I will try the flowers as eye shadow before I totally give up on this one and take it back. The bronzer itself was like dirt on my face. I chose the lighter shade 2672 to avoid the orange look, even though I have med. skin tone. It did not work. I still got the orange thing from it, and my face actually looked dirty. I had to wash it off fast. So to me, the bronzer is a no go. I will not try to buy another one of these. I am disappointed yet again with P.F. bronzers, but hey...perhaps I can use the flowers as shadow. I will update later if things should change. I gave the packaging a 5 because it really is adorable.

on 6/24/2008 1:32:00 AM

I bought this in #2819 Healthy Glow Bronzer. I am medium ivory with cool tones. This gave my light skin a natural tan without being too drastic. I find that many bronzers contain too much shimmer. This product had a mix of pink, gold and golden brown shimmer on one side of the compact and tan powder on the other side. This was the perfect mix without leaving shimmer all over my face. It comes in a round compact that has a lower half open for storage of a brush. I give it only 4 lippies because the compartment storing the brush has holes in it...will leak powder if you ever use the brush. The compact also has a fake gem on the lid. Kinda weird and it won't last long since you only have to nick it before it falls off the compact. Great buy...will repurchase. I bought this for $11.49 USD in Kmart.