Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer
Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

2.7

on 8/14/2011 12:08:00 PM

i bought this product looking for a nice, matte bronzer and i really really wanted this to work for me! the color was very pretty going on my skin and i loved that! i hated the little brush it came with though. and the eyeshadows i didnt really care for. but what i hated most about it, was after using it for a couple days, i broke out with a lot of tiny bumps all over my skin! it was so embarrassing i couldnt believe it broke me out! i will never repurchase this product again. so if you have oily skin, this definately isnt the product for you!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this bronzer at my local drugstore. It cost about 10$. I have purchased the version with the moon in the corner a few times and I love it. I have sensitive/combo olive skin and these bronzers deliver beautiful color and they never irritate my sensitive skin. However, the quality of the packaging is the worst of all time. Both of my PF bronzers are being held together with rubber bands. The matte bronzer is a highlighter, bronzer and eye shadow and it comes with a brush and mirror on the opposite side. Which is actually all kind of cool. The mirror never gets dusty and I have used the little applicator brush. I actually like the little applicator brush. I had a Lancome bronzer that I la la loved but, it was LE and once it was gone I had to go back to old breaky lid and rubberband around my bronzy! Truth is that the bronzer in the PF is just as good as the Lancome one I enjoyed wearing. Will I buy this bronzer again? for sure! The product is stellar and it has a pretty affordable price.

on 3/28/2007 4:08:00 PM

I was quite excited to try this product because it was practically screaming at me to purchase it at Walgreens. This is fairly expensive for a drugstore product - $13, but that seems to be the trend of lately. Im here to report that this product did not meet my expectations. I absolutely love the last Physicians Formula product I tried the Virtual Face Powder, so I was hoping for similar success. Not the case! I have this in the shade Bronzer. Let me say this is definitely not very pigmented which can be advantageous for bronzers as I tend to over-apply and end up with muddy face. The bronzer portion is supposed matte but it has the slightest satin-finish so gives you that natural sun-kissed look without any shimmer. However, it almost borders on orange on me, which usually doesnt happen with me and bronzers. Furthermore, its hard not to swirl your brush into the shimmer three jewels so you do end up with some random sparkles. No big deal because those jewels are extremely chalky and non-pigmented. I cant imagine trying to use these upon the eyelids because I would be spending hours digging my shadow into the jewels to get some product and color. Boo! The staying power of this is all right, lasted all day until I washed my face without noticeable streaking. I hate the dorky packaging with the cheapy rhinestone. The brush is crap and I cant see why the mirror cant be placed on the top. This product should not be this bulky. Overall this is an okay product because I like how its buildable but I think Wet n Wild makes way better bronzers that are way cheaper. I guess Ill keep this for now or swap it. Would not repurchase.