Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer
Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

3.6

on 10/27/2012 4:26:00 PM

This is my fav. bronzer. Although it is annoying that I end up wasting a lot of product due to the packaging (never use all of the glittery colors, or the bronzer bordering them), the color is perfect for my cool, fair skin tone. I sway every once and a while, but always keep coming back to this one.

on 9/7/2011 9:35:00 AM

I really like the matte part; there are very few bronzers that will work with pale complexions, and this one is buildable enough that it doesn't make my face look dirty or orange, just gives a healthy glow.

I wish the shimmery shades were not included in the same compact, though, because the sparkles transfer to the matte part and then to my face. I have tried them as eyeshadow, and they're ok but not great- too many sparkles (may be fine for evening or for someone in their teens or 20's).

The packaging- it looks cute with the little rhinestone on the cover, but of course the rhinestone falls off if you carry the compact around, and I found that the hinge breaks easily so then you have no cover.

Despite the negatives, it is still a very good product, especially for fair skin, and I will repurchase.

on 8/14/2011 12:08:00 PM

i bought this product looking for a nice, matte bronzer and i really really wanted this to work for me! the color was very pretty going on my skin and i loved that! i hated the little brush it came with though. and the eyeshadows i didnt really care for. but what i hated most about it, was after using it for a couple days, i broke out with a lot of tiny bumps all over my skin! it was so embarrassing i couldnt believe it broke me out! i will never repurchase this product again. so if you have oily skin, this definately isnt the product for you!

on 4/5/2011 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I knew i wouldnt like this. I wasnt thinking at the time though. I was like oh sweet a matte bronzer with some eyeshadows built in! Great just what i want, a really crappy pigmented eyeshadows that are no good but just pigmented enough so that when you go for just the matte bronzer, you pick up some chunky glitter on your face. Why would anyone buy this? I dont really know, unless you like the tacky glitter on your face maybe? But i bought it i guess :(

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this bronzer at my local drugstore. It cost about 10$. I have purchased the version with the moon in the corner a few times and I love it. I have sensitive/combo olive skin and these bronzers deliver beautiful color and they never irritate my sensitive skin. However, the quality of the packaging is the worst of all time. Both of my PF bronzers are being held together with rubber bands. The matte bronzer is a highlighter, bronzer and eye shadow and it comes with a brush and mirror on the opposite side. Which is actually all kind of cool. The mirror never gets dusty and I have used the little applicator brush. I actually like the little applicator brush. I had a Lancome bronzer that I la la loved but, it was LE and once it was gone I had to go back to old breaky lid and rubberband around my bronzy! Truth is that the bronzer in the PF is just as good as the Lancome one I enjoyed wearing. Will I buy this bronzer again? for sure! The product is stellar and it has a pretty affordable price.

on 8/24/2009 11:08:00 PM

Like this a lot! I love multi-use products and this is mostly a medium bronzer with three smaller "gems" of pink, gold and copper on the side.
They can be used as subtle eyeshadows or highlights. I bought the Bronzer shade and it's perfect--not too dark or light.

Great bronzer for me! Nice and mild; does not look like cheap tan-in-a-can. Comfortable, not irritating or powdery. Looks shimmery and sunshiney- a nice look to perk up winter a little bit! Very cute packaging with a little "gem" on top of the pretty silver compact, too.

Finally, I would like to commend Physicians' Formula for making a non-animal-tested product.

on 6/24/2008 1:32:00 AM

I bought this in #2819 Healthy Glow Bronzer. I am medium ivory with cool tones. This gave my light skin a natural tan without being too drastic. I find that many bronzers contain too much shimmer. This product had a mix of pink, gold and golden brown shimmer on one side of the compact and tan powder on the other side. This was the perfect mix without leaving shimmer all over my face. It comes in a round compact that has a lower half open for storage of a brush. I give it only 4 lippies because the compartment storing the brush has holes in it...will leak powder if you ever use the brush. The compact also has a fake gem on the lid. Kinda weird and it won't last long since you only have to nick it before it falls off the compact. Great buy...will repurchase. I bought this for $11.49 USD in Kmart.

on 3/28/2007 4:08:00 PM

I was quite excited to try this product because it was practically screaming at me to purchase it at Walgreens. This is fairly expensive for a drugstore product - $13, but that seems to be the trend of lately. Im here to report that this product did not meet my expectations. I absolutely love the last Physicians Formula product I tried the Virtual Face Powder, so I was hoping for similar success. Not the case! I have this in the shade Bronzer. Let me say this is definitely not very pigmented which can be advantageous for bronzers as I tend to over-apply and end up with muddy face. The bronzer portion is supposed matte but it has the slightest satin-finish so gives you that natural sun-kissed look without any shimmer. However, it almost borders on orange on me, which usually doesnt happen with me and bronzers. Furthermore, its hard not to swirl your brush into the shimmer three jewels so you do end up with some random sparkles. No big deal because those jewels are extremely chalky and non-pigmented. I cant imagine trying to use these upon the eyelids because I would be spending hours digging my shadow into the jewels to get some product and color. Boo! The staying power of this is all right, lasted all day until I washed my face without noticeable streaking. I hate the dorky packaging with the cheapy rhinestone. The brush is crap and I cant see why the mirror cant be placed on the top. This product should not be this bulky. Overall this is an okay product because I like how its buildable but I think Wet n Wild makes way better bronzers that are way cheaper. I guess Ill keep this for now or swap it. Would not repurchase.