Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer
Bronze Gems Matte and Bright Bronzer in Bronzer

3.8

on 9/7/2011 9:35:00 AM

I really like the matte part; there are very few bronzers that will work with pale complexions, and this one is buildable enough that it doesn't make my face look dirty or orange, just gives a healthy glow.

I wish the shimmery shades were not included in the same compact, though, because the sparkles transfer to the matte part and then to my face. I have tried them as eyeshadow, and they're ok but not great- too many sparkles (may be fine for evening or for someone in their teens or 20's).

The packaging- it looks cute with the little rhinestone on the cover, but of course the rhinestone falls off if you carry the compact around, and I found that the hinge breaks easily so then you have no cover.

Despite the negatives, it is still a very good product, especially for fair skin, and I will repurchase.

on 4/5/2011 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I knew i wouldnt like this. I wasnt thinking at the time though. I was like oh sweet a matte bronzer with some eyeshadows built in! Great just what i want, a really crappy pigmented eyeshadows that are no good but just pigmented enough so that when you go for just the matte bronzer, you pick up some chunky glitter on your face. Why would anyone buy this? I dont really know, unless you like the tacky glitter on your face maybe? But i bought it i guess :(

on 7/26/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on clearance at Walgreens for like $3.50, so I am not sure if they are completely discontinuing it or Walgreens is just not going to carry it anymore. But I really love it, if I could find this somewhere else at regular price I would buy it. This is a great bronzer that is not a bit orange, but it is also not too brown so it won't make you look dirty. I also love how they have a little bit of highlighters on the side, they are nice too, not too shimmery. I really love it and I hope I will be able to be able to find it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product!! I own the healthy glow bronzer. It's a round matte bronzer with pink, gold and a bronze type colored shimmery "gems" that can be used for eyeshadow. The compact also comes with a mirror and a brush, the brush is useless but the mirror comes in handy. i like to use the colored gems as eyeshadow because theyre nice for just that shimmery wash of color. They aren't very pigmented, but they still look nice. The pink color is comparable to maybelline's roller color in go go rose. For the price I got it at, it was a steal. I got mine at Big Lots for $2.50USD. I will definitely be repurchasing.