Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo

No Image

3.8

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PPG-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, PEG-45M, Gluconolactone, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 10/2/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the product because I was using the Clear Shampoo and Conditioner and returned it - because of all the bad reviews and personally I have noticed since I have been using it the last year that my hair has thinned out tremendously - what once was thick hair is no longer crazy to think of that - But needless to say that I returned the Clear shampoo and purchased the Dove Brand Cool Moisture and I absolutely love this. If has a great scent to it and puts bounce back into my hair - I will be washing once every other day and not conditioning as I really don't need it after the shampoo - it makes my hair super soft already - I have Bi racial children as well and I can use this product on their hair - works great make it soft and manageable. I will definitely re purchase.

I like the Shampoo and Conditioner. I have very Short, Curly hair. I use the conditioner only when my hair needs it, and use the Shampoo every day. About the size of a nickel and lathers up well! I can use the Shampoo everyday and my hair feels so silky. The Smell is divine! Love it! I bought this huge bottle from Wal Mart. Usually a 32 oz bottle would last me a year or so. I would definitely buy again when I run out.

I have fine, color treated hair and I love Dove! It moisturizes, doesn't weigh my hair down and I love the soft scent. I have been using this for awhile and it has made my brittle, damaged hair soft and shiny.

This is one of the best shampoos I've used.

on 10/25/2013 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have thick, course, color treated hair and have been using doves moisture line for awhile now. I've tried more expensive lines and even they don't compare to how this line makes my hair feel. I recently fried my hair after a coloring and after a week of trying two other treatments, both left in for an hour, they didn't help nearly as much as my regular treatment. One was a argan oil treatment and one was a kolestral treatment. Though they both didn't hurt I didn't feel like my hair was back to normal until I left in the conditioning portion of dove's daily moisture for about 5 minutes. Bottom line, if you find something that works, stick with it.

on 9/3/2013 8:01:00 AM

I bought a huge bottle of this from BJs (because I had a coupon, not because I had heard good things about it, I picked this up purely for the price) and it has taken me months and months to get through it. It cleans my hair really well, lathers nicely and smells really fresh. My very fine limp hair is bouncy afterwards (if I don't use any conditioner) and feels very healthy. I don't get any buildup on my hair like other reviewers have noticed, but then I don't use any styling products at all on my hair. I still have to wash my hair every day or else it gets greasy, but this shampoo is great for making my hair feel clean and fresh without stripping it of moisture. I will definitely buy this one again!

on 6/22/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My dad bought a big bottle of this at Costco for himself by mistake - he has very fine natural dark blonde hair that tends to get oily, so this was definitely not for him ! So I decided to try it. I have very thick hair that can get quite dry because I frequently use a flat iron. At first, I was very happy with it because I had no flyaways whatsoever and it weighed my hair down a bit, which I liked because I have too much volume ! It gave me a very sleek look. But I noticed after a few washes that it left a waxy feeling in my hair, which I DIDN'T like at all - this often happens with moisture shampoos. My fringe was especially oily and it never is normally. I don't understand how someone with fine hair could use this. Your hair has to veeeery damaged for this to work correctly, imo.
I thought this was going to be the right shampoo for me :(

on 9/29/2011 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this shampoo because i wanted to try everything in doves cool moisture line, I really liked this shampoo at first, i was surprised that a "moisturizing" shampoo cleaned my oily and fine hair that well. All they had at the store was a huge salon pump 25 ounce bottle so i am still using it. I noticed after a while though that it really started to weigh my hair down, i guess there is just too much product build up in this shampoo for me, ill have to go back to a clarifying shampoo that super cleans my hair. I love the scent and since i have so much of it i use it as a body wash too! i would recommend this to someone with medium/thick hair as i think it would work better on those hair types.

on 8/15/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this is just a so-so, very basic shampoo. The scent of the product is lovely and extremely long lasting (I promise--you will catch whiffs of it in your hair throughout the day), it gets my hair squeaky clean, and it has never caused any build up. So for that, I do like the Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo. However, I don't feel like it really adds anything to my hair or improves its condition in any way. I mean, sure, it gets it clean, but I don't experience any more softness or added moisture than I would with a non-moisturizing shampoo. The Dove Cool Moisture shampoo is one of the hair products that I normally use as a "default"--if I'm in the grocery store and in need of shampoo, but I'm not really sure which one to pick, I'll get this one just because it's cheap, smells nice, and will make me hair look okay. But there's nothing special about it, and I doubt that it will be anyone's HG.

on 6/21/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This shampoo smells great. It has a cool, fresh scent, like candied cucumbers, with a slight crisp bite of green apple underneath. I got whiffs of the smell from my hair throughout the day, so the scent does last. It also kept my straight-ish, virgin, oily, fine hair from looking greasy and flat after a few hours. However, this shampoo also made my hair dull looking. I don't think it necessarily dried out my hair, but it just killed all reflectivity, and my hair is usually very shiny. Conditioner and shine products didn't help. Oh well, I'm back to using Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash for my shampoo. I'll use the cool moisture conditioner and spray the cool essentials body mist in my hair, so I'll still get the lovely fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was really impressed with this shampoo and conditioner. I switch around all the time, and this may actually be the first shampoo that I buy again when I run out. My hair is dry, color treated, and although I try to be kind to it, it still takes a beating and seems frizzy and straw like a lot of the time. But the Dove shampoo and conditioner made my hair clean, soft and bouncy, like run your fingers through it bouncy. I did not give it a five, because I'm sure there is some million dollar shampoo out there that is fabulous...but why spend a million dollars?