3.6

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

Gives an extremely clean feeling which I absolutely love and really feel like it has helped with blackheads. A tiny bit goes a long way! I use this product most days - sometimes twice a day and it has lasted me over 6 months, saying this, I feel that the price of it isn't too bad! Although I do believe it is not the greatest for actually removing all traces of makeup on it's own.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I got a sample of this at the NARS counter at the local department store. The SA kept pushing it on me but I have so many cleansers in my arsenal that I wanted to use them up before I go out purchasing it. What I liked about it is that a small amount, like smaller than a pea, can cleanse my face and neck. It doesn't remove my stubborn eyeliner but I have a separate product for that. It removes about 99% of the makeup but I notice when I use a toner, I see makeup residue. Hence I use a oil cleanser first then use this cleanser. I haven't experience any drying effects like many other reviewers, but I use a oil cleanser first to make sure I get rid of everything. I would purchase when I finish up my stash.

About reviewer (434 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

10 years ago

love its creamy soft foam that takes off EVERY bit of my makeup, its pretty orange-y scent, and how it leaves my skin super clean but not tight. It lathers so nicely, that I only need a small amount to get the most luxurious velvety foam experience for my entire face. The packaging is sleek and extremely heavy but still, I love it to bits!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

from

10 years ago

This cleansing form was recommanded by a friend. It does its job pretty good with taking off all the makeups (foundation, powder, blush eye shadow) excepts wateproof ones. however, I think this product is better for individuals with oil skin. After using this products for three days, my skin started to develop dry patches on my cheek and nose area. It was really disappointed for its price ($36). This product doesn't have very much even its package is big and it's heavy. The cap is taking most of volume......:(. This is the most disappointed prodcut I brought from NARS. Definitely WON'T buy it again.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

10 years ago

I think this is way too expensive for what it does. I did not like it at all - I felt it was way too drying. It smells nice but it feels like it stripped my cheeks and forehead. The packaging is kind of weird too - the cover - weighs like half a pound. I like that it is weighted to keep the tube upside down but DAMN! its heavy.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I used this cleanser for 4+ years. It did a good job removing makeup and when I first started using it (along with the Hydrating Freshening Lotion and Balancing Moisture Lotion) it helped clear up my skin, which looked and felt great. Eventually I felt I needed to use more and more product to get the same clean feeling. I also noticed if I didn't use the Hydrating Freshening Lotion on a cotton pad over my face, I'd break out, so I think the cleanser residue clogged my pores. I do find skincare seems to lose effectiveness after a year or two, but I don't think I'll go back to this one. I did like the simplicity, quality, and packaging of the Nars skincare line.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Amandafu: you got the wrong product. This one doesn't have the beads (not for exfoliating actually they are hylauronic acid beads), the gentle cream cleanser does so that review should be switched. Balancing is for oily/combo skin, the gentle cream is for sensitive/dry. Anyways, it helped calm my breakouts but isn't cleansing enough to get rid of those nasty tiny clogged pores. It's good for shaving for men, as my bf has found. I prefer to use it as like, a prewash just to get the initial grime and makeup off, then a deeper cleanser to clean more into the pores.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

12 years ago

Pros: Nice lather. Reasonably good cleansing properties. Nice light grapefruity smell. Little bit (pea size) goes a long way. Cons: Doesn't do anything special. Too drying for my sensitive combo skin. A bit on the pricey side.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I have used this cleanser twice now thinking that my skin needed time to get used to the product and therefore a second purchase might've been needed. I was wrong, way wrong. This cleanser had micro beads (the orange stuff) that helped to exfoliate/moisturize. It did neither for me. I did like the fact that it did clean my face well enough that i had no makeup left on, but it didnt help with my blackheads or my combo skin, as it dried out my skin everytime I used it. I did love the packaging though, a heavy base so even if you are at the very end of your product, the tube still stands tall. I also did like the fact that a little did go a long way, but it was still fairly pricey for something that didn't work as well as it proclaims it does.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

HairBrown

12 years ago

I made some purchases at the NARS counter and received a skincare set as a GWP. This was one of the items in it. The SA said that I only needed a small amount (as other reviewers have noted) because it really foams up. <p> I have combo skin, with oily/shiny t-zone and dry cheeks, so it's hard to find something that will thoroughly clean the oiliness but also not be so harsh that it dries me out. This stuff comes pretty close. It does leave a little tightness if I don't moisturize immediately, but I do like the clean, fresh feeling that I get. <p> When I run out of the generous sample, I will definitely repurchase, even thought it is like $33!

About reviewer (908 reviews)