Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector
image 1image 2image 3

4.4

Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Oryzanol, Tribehenin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Bht

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product lives permanently in my handbag because it's the perfect every-day item. I purchased No.5 which is a pretty sheer pink shade that gives my lips a hint of colour.

The reason I always keep this with me is because it looks beautiful with any makeup look - from the most natural to the ultra-dramatic, but it also looks great when I'm wearing nothing at all on my face. So, if I forget to bring a lip product with me, I know this will look great no matter what.

It's truly a fuss-free lip item. The formula is so comfortable and moisturising - sitting somewhere between a balm and a gloss. It's not sticky at all (my pet peeve with glosses) and it doesn't smear or gloop up at the edge of your lips. It does fade fairly quickly, but leaves lips feeling hydrated and smooth.

The flock-tip applicator is very easy and comfortable to use, and it feels really nice when applying the product. I normally steer clear of tube glosses, but I haven't had any issues with it leaking and it's also really easy to control how much product comes out of the tip.

Given these are so sheer, I'm not really sure it's worth owning multiple shades. But I'll happily repurchase No.5 or any of the other pinky ones when I run out.

Such a lovely product! I have shades 07 and 08. Shade 07 is a really great MLBB shade on me, and it looks like it kinda plumps up my lips (without really doing it). The shimmer is so lovely and subtle, and it's great and easy to throw on in a hurry.

Shade 08 is called plum shimmer, and it gives my lips a really pretty, slightly flushed color. I'm really in to sheer lip products at the moment, so it's right up my alley. Both colors feel lovely moisturizing and are non-sticky.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Clarins has some very underrated and overlooked products and the Instant Light Lip Perfector falls into that category.
I bought two: 02 Apricot Shimmer and 10 Pink (summer 2016 collection) and they're perfect for that hint of colour and shine without looking tacky. Best of all, there's no sticky texture (ahem, MAC lipglass) so it's long hair friendly relatively speaking.

Apricot Shimmer doesn't really have shimmer (at least not to me) but a very subtle sheen and it's very low maintenance. I can apply it without a mirror without any worries and I like wearing it MAC Nippon or Shanghai Spice lipsticks for a very natural lip look.

Pink is part of the summer 2016 collection so it's probably a limited edition colour and it's a beautiful pink/coral. It gives me that MLBB look for my very pigmented lips.
I'll probably wear with my favourite YSL #34 Rose Rive Gauche lipstick for some extra punch.

These glosses have a fruity scent which isn't annoying and they're reasonably priced (for a high end line) at $20 CAD.
I prefer a sponge tip applicator instead of the squeeze tip applicator but that's very minor.

I've always liked Clarins glosses and these are great.

on 5/31/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying,I never wear lip gloss. I find them sticky, too glossy, and they feel uncomfortable, then I tried this one in the berry shade.. SO GOOD. It's not sticky, it's so smooth and makes your lips beautiful. It may not be next level hydrating, but it does a good job! Don't forget that it's marketed as a gloss more so than a lip balm. People mentioned that it was expensive but I find that it's comparable to other high end brands ex: clinique, tarte, mac, etc. I think it's totally worth it because it will last you a long time and just feels great on the lips.

I usually wear it on it's own, BUT, I recently tried it with mac lip liner in Soar. The lip liner is really dry so I tried putting this on top... HEAVEN. It's the most beautiful combination, and my lips felt moisturized! I got so many compliments that I turned it into my go too lip look! Not to mention that it's a long lasting duo! :D

on 5/2/2016 4:06:00 AM

It s a really great lipgloss that makes the lips soft and plump.don t think it s very hydrating but it does look lovely.i had the pink and orangey one.haven t bought them in years cause i think they re expensive.but for people who hate sticky lg this is pretty good.has a scent that s sweet and discreet.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a really great lipgloss. I have one in the shade 03 and it's a pretty nude color. It's not the most pigmented color, but it just gives a nice sheen to the lips. It's not sticky at all. It last a few hours, which is okay for a lipgloss. It has a lovely vanilla scent, but nothing you can smell on the lips. The packaging is really pretty. It has a weird sponge applicator, but it's actually really nice and soft when you apply it to the lips. I definitely wanna check out the other colors.

on 3/24/2016 8:15:00 PM

The only gloss that doesnt make my lips dry!

Why. Did. I. Not. Buy. This. Earlier.
This product trumps any lipgloss. First of all, it is $20 in Quebec, Canada (which is about $20 less than my YSL Gloss Volupté that leaves my lips dry and about $10 cheaper than the majority of my glosses). Second of all, I cannot believe how moisturizing this product is! Most lipglosses leaves my lips chapped, but this one leaves my lip as moisturized as Vaseline does. Unbelievable. Third, it makes your lips look plump and full. Fourth, it smells like candy and does not taste bitter. Lastly, during the month of February in Montreal, when you purchase this gloss, $10 goes to a children's hospital. I cannot say enough good things about this product - definitely something to try.

on 2/13/2016 5:50:00 PM

Purchased number 08 -plum shimmer on a whim as I was in need of a nice everyday lippie to keep at the office. It has a soft sweet vanilla scent, goes on sheer with a subtle shimmer and no sticky feeling. My lips look plumper than usual in a my lips but better kind of way.

While I have no regrets about this purchase....@ $20 a gloss, this is a splurge and a lip butter could be considered a less expensive dupe.

If you're looking for a non-sticky and uber comfortable lip gloss, then look this way. This Clarins baby is totally worth the hype and it smells delicious.

The colours look pretty much all the same to me, there is not much pigmentation at all. But as a lipstick topper or say a clear lip gloss - this is the best product on the market.

I find it to be uber soothing, nourishing; sometimes I take it with me during a long flight to keep my lips moisturised and plump. Genuinely good product. You can read more about it in the blog review here. Hope it helps!