MILANI MILANI LOOSE MINERALS- TALC FREE ] [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals

Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 779891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499). Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this thinking it would b a good alternative to liquid foundation. I was wrong. There was not a drop down box for my shade, but I got it in deep. It does not have that great of finish, but the colore is nice. I ended u using it only a few times. But me not wanting to waste money found a great use for it! I mix it with my moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer. It is working. The jar sucks as do the hard brush. the jar servers its purpose for pouring powder into my small container for mixing but that's it. I will use it up but I would not buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Like many reviewers mentioned, i don't get why it is designed the way it is, but i don't really mind as it's a minor issue. I use my powder brush and tap the powder onto my brush. That way i can control the amount that i put on my face. That aside, I really find the powder to be the most natural looking and it does what it's supposed to do so i don't have any complaints. It's affordable, doesn't cause break outs and is perfectly easy to take off. I have no problems with this. The color matched perfectly for my skin tone. I'm using pure radiance, i'm an NC30. This is definitely my everyday powder. Staying power is 3 hours for my oily face. i blot it out and use milk of magnesia (see my other review) and touch up. simple as that. :)

on 5/5/2010 7:22:00 AM

The packaging definitly sucks on this one. I transfered it to another sifter jar with wider opening and use posh brush to apply. The color was a match and I love the finish this gives me alone or over foundation. I think this outdoes the BE minerals foundation which I find top matte. You can put mineral veil over it. But why bother when I can I apply the milani and get a beautiful finish. I still have half a jar with this discontinued I'll just have to hope my dollar general gets some on there shelves.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product had so much promise but gosh....what a let down.
It made me break out so much!!!! and it smells weird.
the build in brush into the lid is very awkward and the hair on the brush feel very hard.

i was very disapointed with this product, dont recommend at all.

on 3/4/2010 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for almost 2 years....and am very satisfied with it. The packaging is crap and a little confusing....and the brush is hard and stiff. I use a different brush and sorta tap on to the brush. It gives me medium coverage and in warmer months I use this solely as foundation and in colder months I use this on top of my tinted moisturizer. I have this in true beige and in honey beige alternating them as my skin changes....although honey beige has a weird pinkish undertone to it. I would definitely repurchased but it seems as though they have been discontinued:(....I have to say I do love milani products but this one was my fav! Skin ref nc37-nc42

on 2/1/2010 8:40:00 PM

Like the previous two reviewers, I tried this because it was on clearance at CVS. I was interested in trying it before, but did not want to spend more money on foundations. I really love this one so far, though. I went back to CVS and bought another one already, for about $2.25. I am NC15-20, but with a gold tone to my skin, although I am pale and have to find something light enough. I bought Nude Buff 02 and it looks really good. It doesn't make me look chalky or pink. I threw it on before going to have my hair cut and my hairdresser complemented me on it, spontaneously. Usually mineral or powder foundations are too drying for me in the winter, but this one has not turned my skin into crepe paper by the end of the day. The really nice feature of this powder is that it makes my skin look really smooth and not fake. I have been wearing it alone as a foundation. It is just labeled "loose makeup" so that may be an ambiguous statement about whether it is foundation or powder. The brush actually works fine for me. I wear a very thin layer, but that is my usual method with foundations. It seems like this powder would be fine for heavier application, also. The only further advice I have on color selection is that this would probably be too dark for somone who is truly as pale as NC15, but there is one shade that is lighter.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I heard a few good things about it so i thought i'd give it a try. Cvs was having a huge sale on most of there cosmetics, and this happened to me 75% off! So i only paid $2.25!!!!!! I wish i would have went and stocked up because i love this, i don't like a lot of coverage but this is wonderful for everday use! its going to be great in the summer.

on 1/16/2010 10:17:00 PM

I was desperately in search for a mineral powder that I could use to set my makeup, and add a little bit of color as well. And that's exactly what this product is :) I got this at CVS for 2$ because it was 75% off!!! I really recommend checking this product out right now, before it goes out of stock because at 2$ it's worth the drugstore risk.

I'm an NC20-25 and I got this in 02 Buff Beige, think it's a really good match, and it has a little bit of warm color to my face, making me look much healthier. The finish is Semi-Matte, there's no shimmer or sheen of any sort, but it's not a total matte, which is fine by me.

As for the coverage this gives about the same amount as Bare Minerals. It has the same effect that evens out my skin tone. Given, I am young so I have somewhat flawless skin, but I really do think that this amazingly covers up my redness and dull spots while giving a glow.

I don't know about the ingredients, I heard that there were some not-so-good for you chemicals in there. But I haven't had any reactions, breakouts, in fact this foundation seems to make my complexion better.

This would have been perfect except for the crappy packaging!! The brush is absolutely horrible it's scratchy, frizzy, and cut un-evenly (think Maybeline mineral power brush) The worst part is that the container is made to fit the brush, so it is virtually impossible to fit any other brushes out. What I do is a place a brush at the opening and hit the bottom of the jar in an upward motion witch is inconvenient, but does the trick. The best thing to do would be to take of the sifter and pour this product into an empty loose powder container with a siffter.

I think if I had paid 8$ for this I would have gone on a search for other products, but at 2$ theres not much to complain about.

on 12/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have to say that I do like this product. I found a perfect color, (Nude Buff) and it blends well and gives good coverage. I don't have much blemishes, just uneven skin tone and this is really good for giving me an even color coverage. It may look a bit flaky if you put a lot of product, i find that if you us your hand and just pat your face it will set the powder, and then use a translucent powder. It stays for a good amount of time but my T zone area is really oily and the make up will loose its intensity but i have that problem with all the makeup I've tried. The worst thing is the packaging and the brush. I waste more time getting the right amount of product and i just don't use the brush since its really harsh on my skin. Other than that its a decent product with overall good results especially for the price! I recommend you guys to try it and see how its works for you, since products work differently on other people.

Update: I have just realized that this product is best over moisturized skin. I started to moisturized and when i use this product my skin looked flawless, not fake or powdery.

on 5/13/2009 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I remember this being the first mineral make up I've tried. I found the packaging a little confusing at first lol but figured you have to twist the brush up. I found the brush to be a little too stiff and rough, but I guess sometimes that helps to apply loose powder like this one on trouble spots. When it comes to the actual powder, I think this is ok, however the color isn't what I expected it to be. I got this in "honey beige", thinking it was going to have golden undertones but it has more of a chalky, grayish to almost pinkish color. I'm not very sure if this oxidizes alone because I switched to using a liquid some days, and recently mixed this with my Maybelline mineral make up (which does oxidize) to have as a backup-quick-run-to-the-store foundation to cover up my scars. As for coverage, I'd say its pretty average, considering I do have some reddish, darkly pigmented scars on the sides of my face and chin.. I do love Milani's products, like their pressed powders, and I forget how much I paid for this since it's been a while, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this one.