no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I love lavender and as a lover of lavender already own several lavender-centric perfumes. However, on first try of this one I was left to "dream in the garden" as the lavender and crisp fresh greenness open and it morphs into a powdery lavender throughout the day. This lasted all day and smelled amazing from start to finish.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

Andy Tauer is a Swiss perfumer who will make you see God through scent. Or for those of us who are atheists, he will simply make you swoon. His lavender creation, Reverie au Jardin, is the one scent I would bring with me if my house were on fire and I had to pick only one to save. It is the scent that turned me on to lavender and Andy Tauer, who I am convinced will go down in history alongside Jean Claude Ellena and Olivia Giacobetti as one of the greatest noses ever born. I’ve owned this scent for quite a while now, but have hesitated to put into words here how I feel about it. It really is that special. I guess I should start with what Tauer intended in this creation. He says, on his website, that he wanted to capture lavender “in all its facets ranging from herbaceous, spicy green notes to sweet, clean flowers and woody, vibrant chords…A perfume that melts into the skin, and makes me dream of green lands and twinkling stars.” Well, I think he certainly accomplishes that. There is something about Reverie au Jardin that makes me think of a wet garden at night. The lavender buds are laden with dew, the day was warm, and a thunderstorm just passed by to cool off the land. You see? That’s what I’m talking about. How many other fragrances can you think of that evoke that kind of specific landscape? It’s more than just a compilation of notes, this one. It’s a state of mind. And lest you think I wax hyperbolic, take a gander at what the official notes are: high altitude mountain lavender from France, galbanum and fir balm with bergamot and rose absolute, frankincense from India and ambrette seeds, orris, vetiver, tonka beans, oakmoss, vanilla and ambergris, sandalwood and cedar wood. Intrigued? You should be. This is the one and only instance I will ever say this about a perfume: he doesn’t charge enough for these masterpieces. I would pay out the yin yang to smell like this, but thanks to Tauer’s generosity, I don’t have to. There. I just hope I did it justice.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

At first I was about to call this "Reverie interrupted": the acrid blast of galbanum almost made me faint and I wondered how on Earth can anyone bear to wear this... A bunch of minutes later, things began to calm down and I finally started smelling lavender and fir, tamed down by a good (perhaps excessive and probably out of place) dose of vanilla and orris root. Maybe, orris root is the root of my problem with the second part of this fragrance. Whereas everything smells chemically blast-y at the start, it develops (and stays for hours afterwards) a mild and watered down version of lavender, with a distinguished note of... baby poo as a base note. What a pity. I must also confess I've never found a Tauer that I like so far, which is a pity, because I adore the Pentagon bottles and I'd die to have one...

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesViolet

9 years ago

Notes: lavender, frankincense, sandalwood, galbanum, cedar, ambergris, bergamot and rose. This fragrance opens with an astringently pure lavender note immediately tamed by sweeter and softer notes. The resulting accord is complex and rich: florals, fruits and resins merge into an intoxicating scent in which lavender acts as the frame and contrasting note without which the whole would smell like a sweet mess. Unfortunately, once that note fades, the fragrance becomes a very heavy - almost cloying - oriental. Galbanum and ambergris create a sweet vanillic-ambery base to which sandalwood and cedar respectively add creamy and spicy accents. Touches of bergamot and rose add a fruity-floral polish. What I see now has an old-fashioned feel and is very strong, making this a love-it or hate-it scent. Lasts for six hours on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

11 years ago

Chemistry definitely plays a role, especially w/this one. On me I get a lot of rose from this-a sweet and jammy rose. I couldn't wait to get home and check the notes to make sure I wasn't losing it & there is indeed rose absolute in this. I also get some lavender but it's not a particularly nice lavender. Overall this is VERY sweet and cheap smelling on my skin. It dries down to lavender and vanilla & is still a bit sickeningly sweet. Another pass for me...next.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

I would so like to like this scent after reading these reviews, but to me it immediately goes on both acrid and powdery -- which is ironic since I think of these things as being somewhat opposed. Like a blast of baby powder mixed with Pine Sol (the "foresty" kind, not the "lemon" kind). My husband visibly and vocally recoiled when I put this on.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

12 years ago

This one is funny...I at first didn't like it - well, it wasn't what I thought it would be. But that's not the perfume's fault, simply my mistake. But I digress... Now I absolutely love this. I wear it EVERY day...it's unique...lavender mixed with a crispness, and a mild spiciness, hmmm...I can't do justice with my review. Read about it on luckyscent - there's your description. Love it. Period. Edit...I too am not a big lavender fan...in fact I really don't like it at all...which is completely strange because this has a lavender base...yet somehow it isn't overpowering and melds beautifully with the other notes. Gorgeous scent.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Reverie au Jardin is one of the more interesting fragrances I have smelled in a very long time. The top note is a sparkling green fir scent but that changes in 3-4 minutes. At that point, the scent morphs into a lovely warm, powdery lavender scent that is beautiful and enchanting. Wow! This is FB worthy in my opinion.

About reviewer (291 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

This is an utterly gorgeous, dry woody floral on me. I thought I hated lavender until I tried this, but this is not medicinal or musty at all. The opening is green and lavendary in a fresh way, and then it fades to a warmer iris and ambrette melange that simply makes me swoon. It manages to be both dry and creamy--usually creaminess accompanies lushness or spiciness, but not dry, woody powders. This is a new favorite for me, definitely FB worthy.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

12 years ago

the initial blast is a soapy barbershop on me but in a minute it settles into a soft but resinous lavender vanilla. very relaxing after work and before bed, like warm milk for your nose!

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral