71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This powder has micro shimmers that are very obvious in artificial light or under the sun. It gives good coverage, but oxidize on my face through the day and looks very different in different lighting. There are only eight shades to choose from. One is very light cool-toned, four warm toned (my skin undertone is neutral-yellow, but they are too yellow-orange for me), and three neutral. I went for neutrals. Initially Natural Beige was looking like a good match to my NC25 skin, but it turned out grey (very grey) in 5 minutes after application. Real Sand is too light for my complexion and while it got darker through the day it was still too light for a decent color match. The powder requires touch-ups through the day, it accentuates skin texture, and I don't get the hype around it.

About reviewer (641 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I've been using this for several years now, and I haven't found anything better. I keep buying ridiculously expensive liquid foundations bc of my dry, aging skin, thinking they would be better, but I always come back to this. Provides great, natural looking coverage. Recommended to a friend who has rosacea, and she loves it. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender. Also provides great spot coverage.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Unlike other mineral makeup, this is sheer, leaves a skin-like finish, is non-drying, looks 100% natural, and is super easy to apply! Usually facial powders highlight any dry patches or textural flaws, but not his one. It typically lasts all day, but have successfully layered for a night out, without any caking. I wish that there was stopper to prevent excess product from escaping and the availability of additional shades. Still and all, my go-to foundation!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I am very late to this party. I wanted something easy to apply and healthy for my skin. Bare Minerals broke me out badly and purchasing other minerals on line never really worked out color-wise for me. I have been wearing this for a week and am impressed, I don't look glittery. It stays on all day and so far, no breakouts. It doesn't cling to my flaky patches (upped my retin A regime) AND I am not an oil slick an hour after application. I am loving this one so far.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

This mineral power evens out my skin tone and gives a nice healthy glow. Throughout the day, the foundation looks more blended into my skin. The two tips are to apply in thin layers to build up coverage and to use a semi dense fluffy buffing brush.The container is a little big, but the lid is just a good size to swirl a brush around. Unfortunately there aren't many shades in the range. Real Sand is a tad light for my NC25 skin tone, and it also makes me look a little gray/ashy. I bought the shade Warm Bronze to mix in with Real Sand to create a better shade match. Although I do like how easily this product applies, the coverage and longevity, and how light it feels on the skin, I do feel like it accentuates and clogs my pores. The ingredients are minimal but still not the best, especially for the price which seems to have slowly increased. I'll most likely try another powder foundation after using this up. Loose mineral foundation does seem to take longer to use up than pressed powder foundation.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I expect this to be full coverage because I'm using my foundation before it, but it doesnt make any differences. This really does nothing. The good thing about it is that this doesnt make your face look cakey at all, really invisible, but then again, useless..

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

Has anyone ever taken a good look at the ingredient list? In general, mineral foundations contain the same ingredients -- zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, occasionally some ingredients that don't matter, like dimethicone, or boron nitrate. There are also may contains: iron oxides and bismuth oxychloride. The only thing that separates this is the pearl powder. Big deal. I still can't believe that I was foolish enough to pay $40 for this when I know it must have cost the company under $2.00 to make it -- and that includes the container. Anyway, it gave my skin a gray cast and I didn't rebuy it. I'd rather spend $15 on the Physicians Formula mineral line with SPF 16, Translucent Light.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I'm absolutely obsessed with this foundation!!! I am always trying another foundation..liquid and powder and always end up going back to my LM mineral powder!! I get SO many compliments on my complexion when using this! I have coworkers and patients asking about my foundation all the time. The key to this foundation, is a good primer to help it adhere to your skin. I prefer Rachel K cc cream or Younique bb cream as my primer. You also need the right brush to buff it on, and the Sephora pro 55 brush is my go to. Also, my skin has never been so clear, since I started using this mineral powder!! No break outs!! And it also keeps my super oily skin in check, literally for hours!! I cannot rave enough about this product!! It has been life changing for me!!!!!! Not to mention, a jar lasts me 4-5 months, and I wear it every single day!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Revlon Colorstay was my HG for 15 years. Then I moved to a country that doesn't sell it. I have spent the last 10 years trying to find a HG. Maybe it's age and the changing of my skin, but finding my new HG has proved impossible. I had high hopes for this one. I have Rosacea and the SA told me that LM is designed for that, so I went for it even though I am not a fan of mineral foundations. I find them hard to apply evenly (especially in the areas around the eyes and nose). Pros: Good packaging Colour matched Cons: Made my pores more pronounced Made me look shiny (not in an ethereal glowy way either) Looks fake and mask-y (which I thought mineral foundations were designed NOT to do)

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

The loose powder is much better than the pressed which I find to be drying and does not apply well. The coverage this provides is good. I like the finish of the mineral powder vs. their matte line. I have an oily t-zone and this lasts a fair amount of time. Not 100% worth the money...but it works well with the exception of on my chin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure