Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Has anyone ever taken a good look at the ingredient list? In general, mineral foundations contain the same ingredients -- zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, occasionally some ingredients that don't matter, like dimethicone, or boron nitrate. There are also may contains: iron oxides and bismuth oxychloride. The only thing that separates this is the pearl powder. Big deal. I still can't believe that I was foolish enough to pay $40 for this when I know it must have cost the company under $2.00 to make it -- and that includes the container.

Anyway, it gave my skin a gray cast and I didn't rebuy it. I'd rather spend $15 on the Physicians Formula mineral line with SPF 16, Translucent Light.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm absolutely obsessed with this foundation!!! I am always trying another foundation..liquid and powder and always end up going back to my LM mineral powder!! I get SO many compliments on my complexion when using this! I have coworkers and patients asking about my foundation all the time. The key to this foundation, is a good primer to help it adhere to your skin. I prefer Rachel K cc cream or Younique bb cream as my primer. You also need the right brush to buff it on, and the Sephora pro 55 brush is my go to. Also, my skin has never been so clear, since I started using this mineral powder!! No break outs!! And it also keeps my super oily skin in check, literally for hours!! I cannot rave enough about this product!! It has been life changing for me!!!!!! Not to mention, a jar lasts me 4-5 months, and I wear it every single day!!

on 10/5/2016 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, SPF 15 is N O T H I N G. Nothing! You can get that with something like 10% zinc oxide, which even re-packaged sells for $9 a huge 8 oz tub. Mix that into corn starch and you have "vegan" non-talc, non-paraben finishing powder with a higher SPF.

Mercier must have the greatest PR person and brand-liaison people on the planet, because there are MUCH better powders out there and yet LM sells for a fortune. Even her puffs are $12-16 each! Insane!!!

on 10/5/2016 4:42:00 PM

Revlon Colorstay was my HG for 15 years. Then I moved to a country that doesn't sell it. I have spent the last 10 years trying to find a HG. Maybe it's age and the changing of my skin, but finding my new HG has proved impossible. I had high hopes for this one. I have Rosacea and the SA told me that LM is designed for that, so I went for it even though I am not a fan of mineral foundations. I find them hard to apply evenly (especially in the areas around the eyes and nose).

Pros:
Good packaging
Colour matched

Cons:
Made my pores more pronounced
Made me look shiny (not in an ethereal glowy way either)
Looks fake and mask-y (which I thought mineral foundations were designed NOT to do)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The loose powder is much better than the pressed which I find to be drying and does not apply well. The coverage this provides is good. I like the finish of the mineral powder vs. their matte line. I have an oily t-zone and this lasts a fair amount of time. Not 100% worth the money...but it works well with the exception of on my chin.

on 7/5/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, I like this powder a LOT MORE than the pressed powder version. But to be fair, that's not saying much considering how much a loathe the pressed one...

Caveat I use this as a powder in the morning, once only, atop my foundation. Ive never tried it as a foundation bc really I just wouldn't get enough coverage. I use a very small amount and basically only sweep over my cheeks to set my foundation for the day. It does a pretty good job at keeping my foundation from fading and I like that its silky - it also isn't cakey on my dry skin at all so that's a plus. Is it life changing? No. To be perfectly honest I still like Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish Naturals more (although its a compact), which is also cheaper.

I think this is an over-rated product. Its not bad and its not great, it just does the job.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've used this for years but don't follow the LM directions. First I brush a thin layer of the mineral finishing powder all over well-moisturised skin to create a smooth surface (discovered this by happy accident). Then I blend a tiny amount of the mineral powder all over the skin; it looks cakey if I put it directly on the skin. Even though I use very little, the coverage is amazing and it covers any unevenness, even rosacea flare ups. But the skin feels like I'm wearing nothing, it doesn't settle into pores or creases and has great lasting powder. Great stuff.
I finish with Guerlain Meteorites and like the extra luminosity it gives.

This is a very heavy full coverage powder foundation. I thought I was picking up a loose powder with a bit more pigmentation in it, but this is actually a very heavy foundation in powder form. The finish is very unnatural and you end up looking like you have a ton of makeup on. I'm very disappointed, I thought that I would like this.

on 1/22/2016 5:09:00 PM

I honestly don't see the big deal...
It is just a powder, I recently bought the bourjois healthy mix powder, it was much more finely milled and was overall a much better product. the powder leaves my under eyes looking cakey. I rarely ever use it and it is not an essential of mine. I also find that this is hard to apply. Most applicators, like brushes don't work well to apply it and i found that the best thing was the real techniques setting brush. Overall i was very disappointed with this product and was not worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Like this Mineral powder a lot. Good color match for my yellow-leaning NC18 skintone. Good coverage, though I do find it starts breaking down on my oily skin after 5 hours or so.