Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15
Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for several years now, and I haven't found anything better. I keep buying ridiculously expensive liquid foundations bc of my dry, aging skin, thinking they would be better, but I always come back to this. Provides great, natural looking coverage. Recommended to a friend who has rosacea, and she loves it. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender. Also provides great spot coverage.

on 10/28/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unlike other mineral makeup, this is sheer, leaves a skin-like finish, is non-drying, looks 100% natural, and is super easy to apply! Usually facial powders highlight any dry patches or textural flaws, but not his one. It typically lasts all day, but have successfully layered for a night out, without any caking. I wish that there was stopper to prevent excess product from escaping and the availability of additional shades. Still and all, my go-to foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am very late to this party. I wanted something easy to apply and healthy for my skin. Bare Minerals broke me out badly and purchasing other minerals on line never really worked out color-wise for me. I have been wearing this for a week and am impressed, I don't look glittery. It stays on all day and so far, no breakouts. It doesn't cling to my flaky patches (upped my retin A regime) AND I am not an oil slick an hour after application. I am loving this one so far.

on 5/31/2017 9:44:00 AM

This mineral power evens out my skin tone and gives a nice healthy glow. Throughout the day, the foundation looks more blended into my skin. The two tips are to apply in thin layers to build up coverage and to use a semi dense fluffy buffing brush.The container is a little big, but the lid is just a good size to swirl a brush around. Unfortunately there aren't many shades in the range. Real Sand is a tad light for my NC25 skin tone, and it also makes me look a little gray/ashy. I bought the shade Warm Bronze to mix in with Real Sand to create a better shade match. Although I do like how easily this product applies, the coverage and longevity, and how light it feels on the skin, I do feel like it accentuates and clogs my pores. The ingredients are minimal but still not the best, especially for the price which seems to have slowly increased. I'll most likely try another powder foundation after using this up. Loose mineral foundation does seem to take longer to use up than pressed powder foundation.

I expect this to be full coverage because I'm using my foundation before it, but it doesnt make any differences. This really does nothing. The good thing about it is that this doesnt make your face look cakey at all, really invisible, but then again, useless..

Has anyone ever taken a good look at the ingredient list? In general, mineral foundations contain the same ingredients -- zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, occasionally some ingredients that don't matter, like dimethicone, or boron nitrate. There are also may contains: iron oxides and bismuth oxychloride. The only thing that separates this is the pearl powder. Big deal. I still can't believe that I was foolish enough to pay $40 for this when I know it must have cost the company under $2.00 to make it -- and that includes the container.

Anyway, it gave my skin a gray cast and I didn't rebuy it. I'd rather spend $15 on the Physicians Formula mineral line with SPF 16, Translucent Light.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm absolutely obsessed with this foundation!!! I am always trying another foundation..liquid and powder and always end up going back to my LM mineral powder!! I get SO many compliments on my complexion when using this! I have coworkers and patients asking about my foundation all the time. The key to this foundation, is a good primer to help it adhere to your skin. I prefer Rachel K cc cream or Younique bb cream as my primer. You also need the right brush to buff it on, and the Sephora pro 55 brush is my go to. Also, my skin has never been so clear, since I started using this mineral powder!! No break outs!! And it also keeps my super oily skin in check, literally for hours!! I cannot rave enough about this product!! It has been life changing for me!!!!!! Not to mention, a jar lasts me 4-5 months, and I wear it every single day!!

on 10/5/2016 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, SPF 15 is N O T H I N G. Nothing! You can get that with something like 10% zinc oxide, which even re-packaged sells for $9 a huge 8 oz tub. Mix that into corn starch and you have "vegan" non-talc, non-paraben finishing powder with a higher SPF.

Mercier must have the greatest PR person and brand-liaison people on the planet, because there are MUCH better powders out there and yet LM sells for a fortune. Even her puffs are $12-16 each! Insane!!!

on 10/5/2016 4:42:00 PM

Revlon Colorstay was my HG for 15 years. Then I moved to a country that doesn't sell it. I have spent the last 10 years trying to find a HG. Maybe it's age and the changing of my skin, but finding my new HG has proved impossible. I had high hopes for this one. I have Rosacea and the SA told me that LM is designed for that, so I went for it even though I am not a fan of mineral foundations. I find them hard to apply evenly (especially in the areas around the eyes and nose).

Pros:
Good packaging
Colour matched

Cons:
Made my pores more pronounced
Made me look shiny (not in an ethereal glowy way either)
Looks fake and mask-y (which I thought mineral foundations were designed NOT to do)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The loose powder is much better than the pressed which I find to be drying and does not apply well. The coverage this provides is good. I like the finish of the mineral powder vs. their matte line. I have an oily t-zone and this lasts a fair amount of time. Not 100% worth the money...but it works well with the exception of on my chin.