Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in purple - because I REALLY LOVE coloured mascara and this seemed like a budget option to the Dior ones.

Sadly, it did NOTHING for me. No volume. No length.

But, I don't give up easily and I spend my time with it, building it and building it! After many coats, all I see is a BEAUTIFUL burgundy colour. But, still no volume or length.

I am so sad. This could have been my colour, if only this product worked like a mascara should. With today's technology, such poor performance has no excuse. Any other cheapy mascara would work better.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used this product for about a month and absolutely hated it. I have used several mascaras over the years (Rimmel London mascaras, Benefit "They're Real", L'Oreal Butterfly, Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies, Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant...) and what I think I liked about the formulas of those mascaras is that they separated my lashes, made them look longer and dried quickly. However, the only thing that the Great Lash Mascara does is separates your lashes and the brush deserves the credit for that. This is NOT the mascara to use if you need to close your eyes, are in a rush or put on setting spray. The mascara just takes TOO long to dry and smears too much. It is really frustrating to wait for it to dry that I even resorted to finding paper to fan myself to dry the mascara down. I think the only reason I would recommend this mascara is if you are a total beginner to using mascara and have a lot of time on your hands. If you are not a beginner to mascara (like myself), I would not even bother to try to this. I ended up throwing it out and buying a different mascara instead.

on 11/17/2017 12:39:00 PM

I put some of this on, and looked in the mirror a few hours later. It was so badly smudged that it looked like I had two black eyes. And, considering how easily it smudges and smears, it's surprisingly difficult to remove.

on 11/18/2017 5:14:00 AM

Dreadful !!! Watery consistency and literally smudged within a half an hour of wearing !! Used it once then binned it ..what a waste of money !

on 11/28/2017 4:15:00 PM

I can't believe this is a drugstore cult favorite. It clumps my lashes every time I use it and it is hard to wash off. It also smudges very easily. The wand is nothing more than ordinary and does nothing for my lashes. I have no idea why people like this mascara!

This is the one product that has and always will be in my bag. I will never not have it. I get the BIG with the voluminous brush and I have it in multiple colors (love the Brownish-black for fair skin or no-makeup days), including the clear, which is the OG brow gel. It's not too watery and not too thick, never flakes or clumps, lasts all day, comes off easily (even the waterproof with a little bit of coconut oil) and nourishes my lashes. Honestly, it's the best. I save the brushes and have filled the empty, cleaned out containers with castor oil to put on my lashes and brows at night.

on 8/25/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Don't get the hype. It was clumpy and smudged. In all fairness many mascaras do smudge on me. I generally use waterproof or tube

on 10/5/2017 12:32:00 PM

Just ok, not awful, but I wouldn't repurchase. It smudges a little bit by the end of the day and that rarely happens to me with mascara. It does define more than some other mascaras and gives some length but is a tad clumpy. I didn't get the waterproof version and it's still difficult to remove which is really irritating. I've definitely used worse but there are so many better mascaras out there I'll pass on getting this again in the future.

on 9/26/2017 2:58:00 PM

I have to agree with most of reviewers, I don't think this mascara is worth the hype.
It probably has sentimental value for many, since it exists for such a long time, and the packaging is very catchy, but I am not liking the effect it has on my lashes.
I have quite long lashes, but not very dense. I don't mind the natural look at all, but what this mascara does is it glues my lashes together without adding any volume, so it seems like i have less volume when I put it on.
I've used it 3 times so far, and every singe time it managed to transfer om my eyelids. Dries very slowly.
Maybe it is nice for someone with very thick lashes who only wants very subtle effect.

on 8/26/2017 6:41:00 PM

I will never understand the hype for this mascara. It really is a subpar mascara that is good enough if you want to have subtle lashes, but other than that? Hell no, would never buy again. It coats the lashes well enough, doesn't clump but all it does is coat the lashes. It doesn't lengthen, it doesn't curl or give volume. I have tried it a few times and everytime I did, I wished I had just whipped out my better mascara's because that no make-up lash look is not for me.