Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

It's a classic, but not that great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like the shape of the brush and the super black pigmentation but that's about it. The formula makes my lashes really hard and stiff. Didn't lengthen, volumize or curl, the only effects it had were making my eyelashes black, and also making them fall out. A lot. I thought I was deficient in some kind of vitamin because my eyelashes kept falling out like crazy - it was this mascara. Scary stuff, seriously. Why would they sell something so evil? I remember my mom putting this on me when I was a kid for special events, yikes! Don't do that to your kids, hahaha, don't even do it to yourself! Stay away, beware, condemned, etcetera

I hated this mascara until they came out with the different brush style. I like the plastic bristle brush, not the original bristly one. However, the formula of this mascara is just so-so. I find it doesn't smudge on me, or flake, which is nice, but it does get very dry and hard, so much so that I can feel my eyelashes being stiff. It also does not bother my eyes.

I don't know if I'd re-purchase this mascara, I probably would if I was broke and in desperate need of mascara, but at the moment I'm going to explore other mascaras to see if I can find something better.

on 12/25/2017 11:02:00 AM

Since it was reputably one of the brand's best-selling mascara, it's only right to give it a try. But was truly disappointed. Hardly any lifting/curl and volumizing effect. Smudges mid day. Will not repurchase for sure.

horrible. horrible. AWFUL. What kind of compensation did Maybelline offer all the makeup artists and magazine beauty editors all these years to say that they "always" use this crap on theirmodels????? As IF.

on 12/25/2017 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The wand makes this about impossible to use: the brush is a spiral with very far-set bristles, which makes it so that almost no mascara is transferred to the lashes. I'm not planing to use 5 minutes for application on each eye, plus, this gathers my lashes into about 6-7 spikes. If you prefer the natural mascara look, Covergirl LashBlast in Waterproof has a much better brush, which will separate lashes and apply a thin coat of mascara - a much nicer and more natural look. To be honest: with how bad this is and how poorly people rate it, I'm surprised this mascara is still produced...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in purple - because I REALLY LOVE coloured mascara and this seemed like a budget option to the Dior ones.

Sadly, it did NOTHING for me. No volume. No length.

But, I don't give up easily and I spend my time with it, building it and building it! After many coats, all I see is a BEAUTIFUL burgundy colour. But, still no volume or length.

I am so sad. This could have been my colour, if only this product worked like a mascara should. With today's technology, such poor performance has no excuse. Any other cheapy mascara would work better.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used this product for about a month and absolutely hated it. I have used several mascaras over the years (Rimmel London mascaras, Benefit "They're Real", L'Oreal Butterfly, Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies, Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant...) and what I think I liked about the formulas of those mascaras is that they separated my lashes, made them look longer and dried quickly. However, the only thing that the Great Lash Mascara does is separates your lashes and the brush deserves the credit for that. This is NOT the mascara to use if you need to close your eyes, are in a rush or put on setting spray. The mascara just takes TOO long to dry and smears too much. It is really frustrating to wait for it to dry that I even resorted to finding paper to fan myself to dry the mascara down. I think the only reason I would recommend this mascara is if you are a total beginner to using mascara and have a lot of time on your hands. If you are not a beginner to mascara (like myself), I would not even bother to try to this. I ended up throwing it out and buying a different mascara instead.

on 11/28/2017 4:15:00 PM

I can't believe this is a drugstore cult favorite. It clumps my lashes every time I use it and it is hard to wash off. It also smudges very easily. The wand is nothing more than ordinary and does nothing for my lashes. I have no idea why people like this mascara!

This is the one product that has and always will be in my bag. I will never not have it. I get the BIG with the voluminous brush and I have it in multiple colors (love the Brownish-black for fair skin or no-makeup days), including the clear, which is the OG brow gel. It's not too watery and not too thick, never flakes or clumps, lasts all day, comes off easily (even the waterproof with a little bit of coconut oil) and nourishes my lashes. Honestly, it's the best. I save the brushes and have filled the empty, cleaned out containers with castor oil to put on my lashes and brows at night.