Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Buttercup [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.5

I LOVE this lipstick! For reference, I am a NC30ish and I am in love with this nude lipstick! I've never been into lipsticks because they looked chalky, felt dry quick and heavy and lipgloss is just way too sticky. I have always just appled lipbalm on my already very pigmented lips. I have tried the nude blush prior to buttercup and found it a little too pink for my liking. I think buttercup would be my 4th lipstick in my whole life and will be the first I'll even use more than a couple of times! Sadly, it has been discontinued. I don't understand why Maybelline would do such a thing :'( I got mine off ebay and will probably get a few more for 'back-up'.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love nude lipsticks, and I read some great on this one so I had to have it. I just got it in today and I love it!!! Its a beautiful everyday color. Youll be suprised at how simple yet pretty it looks on your lips.

on 2/28/2010 3:34:00 PM

Great nude lipcolor. Very moisturizing. Got it today at a flea market....2 for $1.00:):)

on 1/27/2010 9:33:00 PM

A great nude color for me. Sometimes I can find this color in the dollar tree. Smells like watermelon. Is very moisturizing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh, how I adore this lipstick shade! It's a sheer caramel-y beige that is glossy and moisturizing. I love how it deposits just enough color to be noticeable and pretty, but it doesn't cake on and totally disguise your natural lip color. Rather it lets your natural lip color shine through and enhances it. Very pretty and a great addition to any nude lippie collection.

on 12/29/2009 1:47:00 AM

I usually never ever ever wear lipsticks, but after reading some positive reviews on this, I decided to try it out, as my local drugstore often has the Moisture Extreme lipsticks on sale for $4. Much to my disappointment, I discovered that the colour, Buttercup, was discontinued! But last fall, I stumbled across it in the clearance bin at a grocery store and picked it up for $5. I should have bought more than one! I love this stuff! It's glossy, light, and non-sticky, and is the perfect nude shade for my skin tone. The subtle watermelon scent and SPF of 15 is only a plus! I wish it wasn't discontinued!

on 12/13/2009 2:17:00 AM

I went for a job openday yesterday and in the function room opposite, they were having this huge sale, like majorly cheap sale. I purchased this lipstick for '2 for $2' ( about $1 US) so yes REALLY cheap! i only bought two along with selected other shades, but now im reading that they are dicontinued, damn! i love it so much, it really IS the perfect nude, if been looking forever for the perfect nude and who thought i would've found it for $1 and made by maybelline! If i had've know it was discontinued i would've bought 20! would've only cost me $10 ( $5 US) CRAZY....

But honestly people if you like nude shades and look for a lipstick with a creamy texture and medium pigmentation then this is the b***h you want. Maybelline and loreal ( under the same 'brand organisation') lipsticks always have a strange slightly unpleasant smell, like plastic-y watermelon smell, v*m*t worthy ewww.

i love it - i'd go back to the sale but it's about an hours drive *sigh*. (get this, they had Lancome color fever lippies aswell, $1 !! (50 cents US) and i only bought 5! wat was i thinking? gosh.)

all in all, despite the smell i really like the lipstick, it's really nice. packagings ugly as, but hey it was a dollar. would i buy this full retail, maybe although this brand it usually always on special like $6 instead of $15 (I don't know the specific full retail price). It's good as an everyday nude, but for going out at night or special occasion I'd search else where as this is sheer to medium pigmentation (and very moisturising, hence the name 'Moisture extreme') Good luck.

This is my HG lipstick! Ive spent hundreds on lipsticks looking for my perfect nude color. My friend actually gave me this because she didnt like it and once I tried it, i fell in LOVE! Its more of a beige nude with with a very little bit of tinest pink tone. I have medium pigmented lips and this works perfect. I went to the store to get back ups and seems it was discontinued but found two packs for 4.50 on amazon! 4 lipsticks for 9 bucks you cant go wrong! So if youve been looking you can get it there. :)

on 5/27/2009 1:03:00 PM

This is a great nude lip color! I tried it side by side with NARS Belle Du Jour, and it makes a very close dupe! Buttercup is just very slightly more sheer and just the very tinest bit darker than Belle Du Jour. It was nearly impossible to tell them apart.

Overall, I actually liked the Buttercup lipstick better than NARS Belle Du Jour, which is MUCH more expensive and has a bit of a funky smell (like peppery-basil-honeysuckle). I actually think I'm going to return the Belle Du Jour (I had the Buttercup shade already).

on 4/13/2009 12:20:00 PM

Is this discontinued? I hope not, but if it is that is a real bummer. Perfect sheer nude for my medium pigmented lips. Maybelline's MEs as always been a hit for me because the creamy texture is amazing as well as their scent. the staying power is weak, but what do expect from a lip stick that is this creamy/glossy? 5/5 pour moi.