4.4

on 11/29/2016 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So it seems like great stuff, natural. Unfortunately my acne prone skin broke out to this in tiny white bumps that stinged all over my face so back this went.. I can't tolerate most oils (except for organic unrefined shea butter with a codomogenic rating of 0) so that's just me. I think it's because this one has a codomogenic rating of 1 and since I'm super sensitive that is just too much for me. I just say to test this out first to see if your skin can take it!

on 6/27/2016 2:15:00 PM

I have been using this for a little over a year now and am in absolute love!

BACKGROUND: Late 20’s. Mildly sensitive skin, oily forehead but dry skin around my nose and chin. I get occasional breakouts which will always leave a dark spot scar. The biggest issue I was having with my skin (other than the breakouts) was that it was uneven and VERY dull. I prefer using natural/organic products so when I heard about rosehip oil from a co-worker, I immediately did some research. After reading nothing but good things, I gave it a try.

PRODUCT DETAILS: I live in Canada and usually purchase at Whole Foods (some Loblaws locations also have it in their natural products section) so it’s pretty pricey. Kosmea is the only brand I have tried so I don’t know how it compares to others. The consistency is a bit thick, the colour is bright orange, and the smell is honestly pretty awful at first- but I assure you, you will get used to it (and this is coming from a girl who is VERY sensitive and picky with scents).

USAGE: Because it’s an oil, I only use as a night-time moisturizer before bed (2-3 drops is more than enough). Even though it absorbs fast and isn’t very greasy, it would still be too much for daytime use with my oily forehead. In the winter, I will add one drop to my daytime vitamin C cream.

RESULTS: Within the first few days, I only noticed a slight difference as my skin was a lot softer. However, the bigger results happened over time. My face is still as soft as a baby’s bum, especially in the morning. My skin has more of healthy glow- I’ll wake up in the morning and my skin looks so good sometimes I don’t rewash my face or feel the need to put on some BB Cream. Skin tone is even and I find I don’t get much- if not, any- redness in my face anymore. Although my breakouts don’t happen as often (I have been using a prescribed cream to help this as well), when they do occur, scarring fades A LOT quicker. I try to make sure I use generously around the eyes to help prevent wrinkles as I hear rosehip oil is good for anti-aging as well.

OVERALL: This stuff is amazing. Case closed. You will notice an immediate difference, but be patient for bigger results- Rome wasn’t built in a day! My skin is not flawless by any means and I don’t think it ever will be- I don’t think flawless skin exists. BUT, I think it’s as close as it will get to being flawless ever since I started using rosehip oil. I also drink a ridiculous amount of water every day and I try to get as much sleep as I can which is sooooo important for your skin as well- so don’t forget water and sleep to help your skin!

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/14/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is world's original rosehip oil and in my opinion by far the best. It is thick, dark orange with a strong herbaceous smell. Kosmea rosehip oil is made of rosehip seeds as well as the fruit hence the levels of vitamins and antioxidants are much higher than in seed only rosehip oils. I have used all the most popular brands of rosehip oil and there is nothing better than this. My skin absolutely loves this oils and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this yesterday and have used it 2x so far. No changes as of yet except that my face feels smooth. However, it's still flaky surrounding the acne scarring. I suffer from clogged pores and dehydrated skin. I'll update again.
Price is quite expensive! $22 for 20 ml! But I hope it lasts ages. I use 1-2 drops to apply and my skin drinks it up very quickly. It's a dry oil and I'm still experimenting how to apply it the best way as it soaks up too quickly.
This brand has rich orange colour unlike other brands, so I think it's less refined and more pure. Its smell is more nutty as well compared to other brands. I have never tried other brands though, this is my first rose hip oil. I've only compared the texture, smell and colour through testers at the shop.

UPDATE 10/11/2015: It's been a week, I know it's not long enough. But I feel like my skin is getting worse with this. More clogged. I've tried using 2 drops on damp face, mix it with ACV toner, and use it on dry face. But it seems like my skin doesn't like it at all. My pores become more obvious.

on 10/30/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this product everyday for 3 months. At first I thought it was okay. It moisturized great. The reason I bought it was because I wanted a natural moisturizer for my face. Also it says it helps clear pimples and scars but it did not for me at all. This did not clear any of my pimples or remove my scars. Eventually.. I started to notice I was getting more pimples. I refused to believe it was because of this. How can this oil with so many great reviews be causing me pimples? no way. So I kept using it. It got to a point where my acne just became inflamed. So I decided to stop using it. Then my pimples started to clear. It was almost like my skin was thanking me for not using it. It felt like my skin could actually breathe! I really don't recommend it if you have acne. It does not clear it up. Trust me. Very disappointing. I was really hoping on using this everyday.

on 10/17/2015 11:03:00 PM

I used this in my early 20s with terrible results. It blocked my pores and aggravated acne. However, I wanted to believe that it'd do good for my skin.
So I came back to it in my now late 20s where I no longer am oily as I used to be. This product is the best for skin suppleness! It makes your skin so smooth and elastic. I can't comment on its ability to reduce dark spots as I still have them and honestly nothing has helped for me...Including expensive SK-II products.

This is the more expensive rose hip oil, but the colour is richer, the oil itself feels thicker too. I suppose it's that they use the whole seed. I can't comment on whether that means more antioxidants but I certainly prefer this than the diluted yellow ones!

on 9/30/2015 11:11:00 PM

This is a lovely oil, very good quality. I keep it in the box on my counter and use it near daily. Unfortunately I can't say that I've noticed any particular benefit from using this oil. I use lots of oils but never had come across a good rosehip oil that I wanted to try. I am an oil junkie - in Egypt I was called "the lady of the oils" :-) so I usually have nothing but raves for the benefits of using good quality oils and EOs for beauty. And I'm glad to see so many people getting amazing results.

The benefits of this one however didn't manifest for me. I've seen a distinct worsening of my skin in the last 6 months that I've been using this, and although that could be due to several other reasons I could name, it does show that this oil hasn't been able to help my skin stay strong and to keep delivering benefits to counteract any other reason. The lines around my eyes have gotten worse, my skin is broken out, etc. I only use a few drops on damp freshly cleaned skin at night before moisturizing.

I'm just at the end of the bottle, thought it was time to give a review on it after giving it a fair try.

Still giving it tops marks though and it was a pleasure to use (didn't stain my skin or night clothes, smelled earthy nice, dropper was sturdy and effective to get right to the bottom and give controlled dispensing, bottle and label stayed clean - no leaks, gorgeous colour). But there are other oils out there for me.

Luckily I have a unopened bottle of Dermapeutics Marula Oil Anti-Oxidant Serum in a cool place and will be moving on to that. I've had amazing results with Marula oil which I was using before the Rosehips. It saved my skin earlier this year after a particularly harsh sunbaked holiday when nothing would restore my skin's balance.

on 9/2/2015 11:09:00 PM

I love this rosehip oil! I've used others in the past such as Trilogy, but Kosmea works so much better for me. Trilogy doesn't sink in as well and doesn't provide the same results. It might be more suitable for dry skin.
Kosmea sinks in beautifully and makes my skin look plump and healthy straight away. I'm mainly using it to help even out skin tone and help with acne scars. I have noticed an evening of my skin tone, and a reduction in some of my acne scars, however I will need to use it longer to see if it can get rid of them completely. Since using this my skin looks healthier, more uniform and glowy. To my amazement, I have also not had one pimple! It really seems to keep them at bay, so don't be afraid of this if you're acne-prone like me. I have since ditched all my other products and am using this morning and night. Being an oil, I'm impressed with how it works under makeup. My makeup doesn't slide off or look oily. I tried Trilogy under makeup and my makeup looked hideous and I got some small breakouts. Kosmea has really balanced my skin. My skin used to be so oily, but since using this, even under my makeup, my skin is so much less oily! I can't see myself without this product now and I'm a product junkie! I've always thought natural products don't work, but I'm happily proven wrong with product and I can't wait to try more of Kosmea's products. If you're looking for a quality Rosehip oil, you can't go past this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great product if you have hyperpigmentation. Most of my dark colouring from acne are gone or have become much much lighter. It also helps with small wrinkles that are starting to form round my eyes and forehead. The lines are now so fine that you can hardly see them. You don't need a lot. I premix it with my Complex 15 moisturizer in a little jar so I don't over use and waste the oil. It's also more convenient in the mornings when I'm in a rush. l highly recommend it. It works better than some expensive creams out there. The cost per use gives good value for money. l've tried other rosehip oils but they look quiet diluted. This one is really concentrated. As I mentioned you only need a little.

on 5/25/2015 5:10:00 AM

Nothing but the BEST rosehip oil. The smell is a bit weird but other than that nothing is bad from this product. It's hydrating and a very good anti oxidant.