TheBalm Hot Mama

TheBalm Hot Mama
Hot MamaHot MamaHot Mamathebalm hot mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for 2 in 1 products so I thought I'd give this a go. NEVER did I expect it to be so beautiful. I'd say this colour would easily be wearable on all skin tones and the iridescent golden shimmer packed into the rosy pink really makes eyes and cheeks pop. Only downside is that a little goes a long way, so I'd definitely have a blending brush to hand. This massively revives my tired, dull complexion if I've been having some late nights. I think this is a shade that could impress even the most dedicated NARS fans.

Can't stop won't stop using this blush. I've compared it to Nars orgasm and its sooo much more pigmented. My HG blush.

To Read all 221 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really don't like this product.

-First: When I pick up the product with the brush to apply it there's so many fall out.
-Second: The shimmer accentuates my skin's imperfections.
-Third: This colour, when swatched on the hand, it looks gorgeous, when applied on the cheeks, it doesn't even look like a blush. I'm very fair and it doesn't even show up properly but the colour that shows up on my skin... Ok, this leads to the fourth point.
-Fourth: Even when I try my best to blend it out on my skin, it looks patchy.

on 3/12/2016 3:16:00 PM

I'm obsessed with TheBalm products. I had been using the Bahama Mama bronzer and the Mary LouManizer before purchasing this blush, and this was just another amazing product to add to my collection!
This is a peachy color, not super pink, and not too bronzy. It's an excellent balance.
For reference, my skin is really fair and light, I have a light complexion, blue eyes and blonde/brown hair. I'm in my mid twenties.
This is a really subtle blush. I find that I can layer it really easily, but even when I use a fair amount of product its not over the top. It's not in your face or dramatic, so if you are looking for a really intense blush I don't think this is your one. This is a great every day blush though.
I love love love everything about TheBalm's products so far, will definitely be re-purchasing and will continue to branch in to their products!

My previous fave blush was Benefit's Coralista, but when I finally got to try this, Hot Mama completely blew Coralista out of the water.
The color is a universally-flattering peachy-pink hue, with micro shimmers that don't make you look greasy nor a try-hard teen. I literally only have to gently dip my ELF blush brush in the pan once and I could do both cheeks. I'm within the pale spectrum so it's easy to overdo blush. The color stays on my cheeks for 8+ hours and I never have to retouch, despite my oily complexion. Doesn't break me out, photographs well, can also do double-duty as eyeshadow. Compared to Coralista, you get more bang for your buck as this is way less expensive, more travel-friendly, and it would really take a long time to hit the pan. I've heard this is a dupe for the famous/infamous Nars Orgasm, which I also have, but I haven't opened it as of writing this so I can't compare them yet. So yes, this has become not only my fave blush but also my fave The Balm product. Will forever repurchase!
(For reference: I'm NC20, pale complexion with yellow undertones and a Southeast Asian-Chinese heritage.)

This is an example of a hit or miss product. I purchased this because I heard this is a dupe for Nars "Orgasm" This illuminating pinky-peach hue looked nice when swatched but the product is so difficult to pick up on a brush. Unless I apply this with my fingers the color pay-off is great but the complete opposite result with a brush.

on 10/15/2015 8:36:00 AM

One of my favourite blushes of all time. The shade is universally flattering, and can really make you look alive and alert. Similar to my experience with other The Balm blushes, the lasting power of "Hot Mama" is superb and will stay on your cheeks all day. If I lost this I would go out and pay full price for it in a heart beat if I had to (it is that good), the packaging is sleek and very cute as well.

on 10/14/2015 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a nice peachy pink color that gives my skin a healthy, natural looking flush and it wears well all day long. I have mixed feelings about the yellow-gold sheen in this stuff, though. It tends to accentuate any skin imperfections like bumps, pimples, or acne scars, so I can only wear it on a very good skin day. I also wouldn't recommend this for oily skin. Shine on top of shine can be overwhelming.

on 7/17/2015 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Original color. Like it.

on 4/14/2015 3:37:00 AM

I don't understand the hype about this product. While I love Mary Lou & the Time Balm tinted moisturizer, this one is a total fail. When swatched with the fingers it seems like a lovely coral color with a beautiful golden sheen. But it hardly shows up on the cheeks. Zero pigmentation. Zilch. Nada. I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Sadly this product just didn't work for me.