TheBalm Hot Mama

TheBalm Hot Mama
Hot MamaHot MamaHot Mamathebalm hot mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

I love this blush. To start, the color is great not too glitter. It blends well and the color soft. The blush inside was strong not cracked even though I bring it for travelling and sometimes accidentally fell.

The packaging is nice, included with mirror inside so it can be used at anytime. The packaging might be carton based and it has magnet.

on 2/1/2017 4:57:00 PM

Hot Mama by theBalm is one of my favorite blushes, high end or drugstore. Its has a gorgeous warm/summery sheen, without being glittery, and being in my late 40's that's what I look for...it looks great paired with just your contour, or as a cheekbone blush with some highlighter. I'm a big fan of all theBalm products, from bronzers, blushes, highlighters, to their tinted moisturizer. They aren't full blown high end prices, but obviously more expensive than drugstore, most products are $20-$26 except for larger palettes etc...they are cruelty free, paraben free and I have loved everything I have ever purchased from them💜

on 12/20/2016 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Good job, Thebalm! I use this alone or over the top of Instain Swiss Dot blush. And as an eyeshadow to. This is a fantastic eyeshadow and a gorgeous blush, and makes my green eyes pop! Lovely!

on 12/7/2016 8:24:00 PM

I love this as both an eyeshadow and a blush. It's peachy and shimmery without being too shimmery. It's very similar to Orgasm from Nars but without the glitter and not as bright. It's perfect for a simple, bright eyed, glowing from within look.

This is my HG blush. It's an absolutely stunning peachy pink shade with gold shimmer. It gives a really natural flush when using a light hand, or a pretty bolder color when going out. The formula is amazing and goes on well. Not patchy at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for 2 in 1 products so I thought I'd give this a go. NEVER did I expect it to be so beautiful. I'd say this colour would easily be wearable on all skin tones and the iridescent golden shimmer packed into the rosy pink really makes eyes and cheeks pop. Only downside is that a little goes a long way, so I'd definitely have a blending brush to hand. This massively revives my tired, dull complexion if I've been having some late nights. I think this is a shade that could impress even the most dedicated NARS fans.

Can't stop won't stop using this blush. I've compared it to Nars orgasm and its sooo much more pigmented. My HG blush.

on 3/25/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really don't like this product.

-First: When I pick up the product with the brush to apply it there's so many fall out.
    -Second: The shimmer accentuates my skin's imperfections.
    -Third: This colour, when swatched on the hand, it looks gorgeous, when applied on the cheeks, it doesn't even look like a blush. I'm very fair and it doesn't even show up properly but the colour that shows up on my skin... Ok, this leads to the fourth point.
    -Fourth: Even when I try my best to blend it out on my skin, it looks patchy.

on 3/12/2016 3:16:00 PM

I'm obsessed with TheBalm products. I had been using the Bahama Mama bronzer and the Mary LouManizer before purchasing this blush, and this was just another amazing product to add to my collection!
    This is a peachy color, not super pink, and not too bronzy. It's an excellent balance.
    For reference, my skin is really fair and light, I have a light complexion, blue eyes and blonde/brown hair. I'm in my mid twenties.
    This is a really subtle blush. I find that I can layer it really easily, but even when I use a fair amount of product its not over the top. It's not in your face or dramatic, so if you are looking for a really intense blush I don't think this is your one. This is a great every day blush though.
    I love love love everything about TheBalm's products so far, will definitely be re-purchasing and will continue to branch in to their products!

My previous fave blush was Benefit's Coralista, but when I finally got to try this, Hot Mama completely blew Coralista out of the water.
    The color is a universally-flattering peachy-pink hue, with micro shimmers that don't make you look greasy nor a try-hard teen. I literally only have to gently dip my ELF blush brush in the pan once and I could do both cheeks. I'm within the pale spectrum so it's easy to overdo blush. The color stays on my cheeks for 8+ hours and I never have to retouch, despite my oily complexion. Doesn't break me out, photographs well, can also do double-duty as eyeshadow. Compared to Coralista, you get more bang for your buck as this is way less expensive, more travel-friendly, and it would really take a long time to hit the pan. I've heard this is a dupe for the famous/infamous Nars Orgasm, which I also have, but I haven't opened it as of writing this so I can't compare them yet. So yes, this has become not only my fave blush but also my fave The Balm product. Will forever repurchase!
    (For reference: I'm NC20, pale complexion with yellow undertones and a Southeast Asian-Chinese heritage.)