3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I purchased a small decant (unsniffed) of Rousse from a fellow Perfumista. Upon first spritz I liked it very much. The day that I first wore it to work I received at least two compliments from co-workers about the fragrance. I was pleased that others seemed to enjoy smelling Rousse as much as I enjoyed smelling it on myself. Cue my surprise when I began reading reviews of Rousse on MUA and various other perfume sites to discover it receives mild praise at best. On my skin, and to my nose, Rousse carries that 'certain something', a specific accord, that stamps it as coming from the House of Serge Lutens (courtesty of Christopher Sheldrake as co-nose). Rousse is sheer but present -- it makes a soft but persistent statement. There is cinnamon present in Rousse, but to my nose, it is an accompanying note rather than a main player --- Sheldrake is a true master in combining notes to create an impression and a feeling. The impression I get of Rousse is a fragrance that is rich, warm and complex - spicy, woody and a little unpredictable. It is perfect for me for cooler -- Autumn scent? That's Rousse!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

I LOVE THIS!!! Really warm and cinnamon-y. Not too sweet but sweet enough. Unusual and comforting.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

9 years ago

I had a sample of this and it is the most disgusting fragrance I ever tried. I kept thinking- old wooden table with a spilled vase of old gross flower smell on the wooden table. It depressed me.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

9 years ago

Notes: mandarin, cinnamon, cloves, spices, floral & aromatic notes, fruit, cinnamon wood, precious woods, amber, musk and vanilla This fragrance opens with a lively cinnamon accord in which the main note is supported by cloves to give it additional depth and fruity notes to give it sweetness. Rather linear until the final stages, the impression this fragrance makes is dark, mysterious and somewhat ascetic. The cinnamon accord is transparent, warm and woody at the same time and I particularly appreciate that it is not too sweet or chewing-gum-like. As the fragrance progresses the vanilla base composition emerges underneath the cinnamon and spice accord, leading the fragrance towards the dry down comprised of wood and musk sweetened by a touch of vanilla. Despite having a good sillage (and eliciting quite a few compliments), this fragrance does not last long on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I love this Perfume. I love the scent of bark and cinnamon wafting from my skin. It's quite unique and fades into a delicious musky floral note. It's soft, deep and well balanced.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I envy people who say this is heavy and lasts a long time. On me this is faint and wears close to the skin. Azuree Soleil which is supposed to be a skin scents is way stronger on me than Rousse. Rousse seems linear and simple especially when tried at the same time as lets say Chergui. But I love Rousse, I love its soft delicate, slightly bubblegummy smell. I really would love a bottle :-)

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

1.0

10 years ago

Cinnamon bark and playdoh. Nothing else, which is a pity with such intriguing notes. Argh.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Rousse was designed for redheads, and yes, it's a perfect fragrance for us! It's about all sorts of cinnamon, the bark, leaves, and the ubiquitous cinnamic aldehyde (Red Hots). This really wakes me up in the morning, and I love the opening while I'm drinking my morning cuppa joe. The drydown is suitable for work and office, and is more dry and woody than gourmand. It smells like an antique spice chest that's been used to store cinnamon for several centuries! In fact, there's nothing gourmand in Rousse at all, it's rather more minimalist than many Lutens scents.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

This is my favourite fragrance, what I turn to the most. On me it's hardly sweet at all, and is a lot more gentle and feminine than Chergui. It's not full of surprises, but it hits the spot for comfort and relaxation.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

10 years ago

I really liked this one, and will keep in mind for future purchase. I didn't find it as sweet as other reviewers have, perhaps because the spice was quite strong on my skin and cut the sweetness. Easily wearable and very interesting; unfortunately not as long lasting as other SL perfumes.

About reviewer (187 reviews)

Age30-35