Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Blackened Taupe

No Image

on 12/22/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the built in sharpener, i love the color I love the texture I love everything about this eyeliner. It lasts all day for me, and it is the perfect color for me, I'm a very fair skinned blonde and black looks very harsh on me. Its like a matte chocolate taupe color its the best!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like kohl liners and decided to try this simply because it had a built in sharpener. But, I was disappointed. The shade is nice for day, but it has no staying power. Also, for a kohl liner, it doesn't go on very smooth for me and it pulls too much. I much prefer Clinique's cream shapers.

on 10/2/2008 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

best eyeliner i have ever used! i love this for when black looks too harsh. it goes on so smoothly and stays on quite well. i love it!

I really like this eyeliner. It's not very dramatic, but it's nice for everyday use. It is a nice color, that gives your eyes more definition without looking too done. It's definitely not for those big nights out, but that's what I like about it. I think it stays put pretty well, but I generally don't touch my eyeballs at all during the day. I would buy this again for sure.

on 2/11/2008 4:09:00 PM

FANTASTIC! I have tried the cream shapers and they just are too soft and put way too much on my eyes... this is perfect, will last so long also because even after using it a few times I hardly notice the point going down. It goes on smooth, smudges nicely and stays put. The color is a beautiful dark brown/taupe color. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner. Glides on very easily and stays thru the whole day. It is not your typical brown, it is better. I don't get 'blackened' with it but it is deep and smokey so I guess that is where they got the name from. Regardless it is a pretty color. I love how easily it applies. I love how the sharpener comes in the cap. So convenient. This pencil sharpens well also, no breakage YAY for that:) I have to admit that is what ultimately makes me rebuy a pencil or not, how well it sharpens and how well it glides. This liner passes both tests with flying colors. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the reviewer below--blackened taupe? This is not really a good name for this shade..it's more of a matte, deep khaki brown shade (there is the tiniest hint of green). I found that it stayed on for most of the day without smudging or disappearing, and I will agree that the packaging is nice--the pencil is sort of triangular-shaped, making it easy to maneuver. I like the sharpener in the cap as well, which makes it very portable and easy to use. This is a nice, natural looking shade that is a bit more fun than your basic brown. I'm generally very pleased with most of Clinique's eyeliners..they are nice and creamy and easy to apply.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Clinique's "Kohl Shaper for Eyes" in "Blackened Taupe" is not a blackened taupe. I'm not entirey sure what the color chemists at Clinique were drinking the morning of the board meeting, but if I've ever seened a blackened taupe, this isn't one. It is, however, a neutral, muted, medium matte ash brown. This would probably be one of the better everyday eyeliner products, unfortunately Clinique's "Kohl Shaper for Eyes" doesn't last through a quarter of the day, if that. This is, however, a startling case of extremely good product design. The barrel of the kohl is triangular to allow for better control and a comfortable grip. The cap includes a sharpener, which is a nice, welcomed addition. Overall, this is a bad product in good packaging. Don't judge a book by it's cover, you may be horribly dissapointed. continued >>