Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 10/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is far too harsh. Any short-term benefits like smoother skin and less shine in the minutes after washing are only temporary solutions to troubled skin. Scrubs are not for regular use on healthy skin. They are damaging, creating micro-tears in the epidermis which will dry out the face and make it rougher and less-even with continued abuse. Oil-free cleansers strip skin of oil and moisture, causing overproduction as soon as the sebaceous glands recover from the shock.

If marketed as a targeted scrub for winter-dry areas of the skin to be followed by a heavy moisturizer and occlusive, or as a body acne scrub 2-3x a week, I might recommend it. But then the value of the product decreases, as much cheaper products can provide the same services.

on 7/1/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for as long as I can remember, its the only face wash that works for my skin! When you first start using it your face will have a burning sensation (not bad at all) but after a few uses your skin kind of 'gets used To it' and its bearable!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product DOES NOT prevent pimples from coming. The only awesome thing it does is minimize pimples when they are growing. I wouldn't repurchase this though :/

on 10/14/2016 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a fantastic scrub. My skin feel clean and fresh after using it, and the granules are the perfect consistency- not too harsh but not super fine so that it feel like its not exfoliating properly. I buy a new one everytime I run out. Drier skin types might not like the "minty" feeling, but for me I feel like it cuts through the grease, oil and makeup that had accumulated on my face throughout the day. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a vast amount of products in my lifetime and this is one of the few that actually makes me break out every time I use it. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has a pleasant smell, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the bad luck of being acne-prone but allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which many acne scrubs have. I decided to try this because it was benzoyl peroxide free (salicylic acid is the main acne fighter in this) and easy on my wallet.

This is my go-to facial scrub. My face feels so clean after I use it and I feel like it definitely helps keep my acne under control. It doesn't make me break out either. Please note that it does have a bit of a medicinal smell from the salicylic acid.

It also takes away any extra makeup that might be left on my face that I missed with a makeup wipe. Plus, my face isn't allergic to it!

LOVE this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not think you get a lot of product for the price.
This irritated my skin and caused me to breakout more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought this was working, but then my forehead looked like it was starting to break out so i stopped. Few days later i decided "hmmm my skin started to look better after using this, it probably wasn't breaking me out" Used it for 3 days in a row again and broke out on one side of my cheek with irritated acne. The "tingly" clean feeling is NOT good for your skin, it means your skin is irritated. I thought it was working because it gave my skin a "deep clean" feeling, but it got oily in less than an hour and it also felt like there was a residue left on my skin. I'm throwing this out.

on 12/18/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very acne prone skin I was using proactive for a while but it was so expensive and I heard it's not very good for my skin. Started using this a few weeks ago it has kept my skin pretty clear still getting some pimples though. It Irritates my skin sometime if I have like a pimple it stings when I go to wash my face. I use a electric brush when I just used my fingers it didn't work at all. Overall I don't love this product but I don't hate it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've only been using this scrub for a bit over a week now and the day I had started using it my skin was initially very oily and my skin was red with big blemishes all over my cheeks and chin, and the first 3 or so days I felt as if my skin was starting to clear up, redness went down and the pimples started to flatten out. My skin was soft and wasn't oily but I use it the same as I did then and now my skin is overly oily and my face is a lot redder and blotchy! I recommend it for someone trying to maintain their clear skin, not for someone as acne prone as myself but I will continue to use it until I see the results!