Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 10/14/2016 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a fantastic scrub. My skin feel clean and fresh after using it, and the granules are the perfect consistency- not too harsh but not super fine so that it feel like its not exfoliating properly. I buy a new one everytime I run out. Drier skin types might not like the "minty" feeling, but for me I feel like it cuts through the grease, oil and makeup that had accumulated on my face throughout the day. Highly recommend.

on 12/18/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very acne prone skin I was using proactive for a while but it was so expensive and I heard it's not very good for my skin. Started using this a few weeks ago it has kept my skin pretty clear still getting some pimples though. It Irritates my skin sometime if I have like a pimple it stings when I go to wash my face. I use a electric brush when I just used my fingers it didn't work at all. Overall I don't love this product but I don't hate it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've only been using this scrub for a bit over a week now and the day I had started using it my skin was initially very oily and my skin was red with big blemishes all over my cheeks and chin, and the first 3 or so days I felt as if my skin was starting to clear up, redness went down and the pimples started to flatten out. My skin was soft and wasn't oily but I use it the same as I did then and now my skin is overly oily and my face is a lot redder and blotchy! I recommend it for someone trying to maintain their clear skin, not for someone as acne prone as myself but I will continue to use it until I see the results!

on 12/12/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for about $6.00 at Walmart. I have mild acne and dry skin. I researched the type of acne I had and what's best for it. I found out I had a lot of comedonal acne all over my chin and the sides of my cheeks. I had both non-inflammortary and inflammatory acne. I'd get at least one or two new pimples each day. They said Salicylic acid is best to treat this acne, so I bought this product, also a plus being oil free. I have been using this for about two weeks and have not gotten a pimple!! I also feel my comedonal acne reducing. It is drying my skin a bit but I already have dry skin so it was expected. I pair this with cetaphil oil free moisturizer for acne prone skin and my skin feels so much better! I wash my skin twice a day( morning/night). I have acne scars which I know will fade in time with good exfoliating from this product. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue to work for me :) smells really nice by the way!

I love this product! I'll start out by saying a little about my skin. I have KP(keratosis pilaris) on my face, oily skin and my skin is very acne prone. Thanks to this product I haven't had a bad breakout in weeks! My face is considerably softer and smoother. I have noticed that this product has really helped my KP. I don't have as much redness and bumps around my cheeks(this is where I have the most of the KP).

Overall this is a great product and I would recommend this to anyone who has acne prone skin like me!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS:
Really helped clear up acne
Didn't dry out my skin (i always moisturize after using it, though)
Gentle, didn't irritate my skin, not too trough or grainy
Noticeably reduced the stubborn blackheads on my nose
My skin feels very soft after use

CONS:
None specifically that i can think of, although for me personally i haven't noticed that it has reduced the redness in my skin to any great degree.

I feel that this product along with the power cream wash has made a great difference to my skin, in the past month i have broken out worse than ever before, i'm not sure what caused it, it was really awful. As soon as i started using this and the wash i really saw the difference in my skin, the pimples were clearing up much faster than if i hadn't used it. I now have no serious breaks outs left and i can see a huge difference on my nose where i usually have really bad and stubborn blackheads. Nothing has cleared them up before except these products, so impressed. I'm going to continue to use them!!!!

on 10/26/2013 3:53:00 PM

feels so nice and smooth on my skin

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm going to start by saying that I've purchased this product about 6 times now. I can't live without it. I usually use it everyday in the morning and every time I try to switch it out of my skin routine, I always go back to it because I start breaking out if I don't use it. I can usually get it for $5-6 and it lasts me for a good 3 to 4 months using it. I pair it with the Clean & Clear Advantage kit and this routine is the only one I can stick to without breaking out. I like the smell of this and it's not too drying to my face (keep in mind that I do have combination skin) and my face always feels refreshed afterwards. I don't have enough good things to say about this product, it'll probably always be my HG exfoliator.

on 1/14/2013 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was so afraid to try this product, idk why! i hate using new products and then having Them make me break out! anyways I've used this on and off for about a yr and a hf already! ( maybe longer?) I was hesitant to use it, as I'd rather go for a more "basic" scrub without the "tingly" feeling and fragrance but honestly I'm SO glad I tried this. It's one of those products that you can rely on. I think that's why I come back to it when I have nothing else working, though I never find my self staying with it for more then two months, except for when I first purchased a yr ago. It does leave a tingly feeling when your washing, i dont care for it doesnt bother me. its mild, i wouldnt say harsh or gentle but my friend with super sensitive tried this and it didnt irritate her skin. it REALLY depends how you work with a product! making sure you wash the prouct off and how you scrub! It did get did rid of my acne, I can't say my acne doesn't pop up now and then but I feel like this keeps everything at bay. Sometimes I feel like it zaps eveything, other times I feel as if it just cleans, doesn't take it acne all away but just cleans or keeps it at bay. I do switch tondifferent cleansers but find myself always coming back to this one every couple of weeks or months, just cuase i know it doesn't break me out. It's 5/6$ and they sell it everywhere so it's a easy face wash to pick if I need one, especially when I'm undecided. Is it a miracle? No. Is it good? Yes. I would definetly recommend it, I feel this a face wash that can either work for you or just do nothing, but not make you break out. I'd say give it a try! I have acne prone combination skin. I feel this is best if used in the shower( I do think evry face wash/scrub is best used in the shower). It has left my skin feeling dry before, but that's if I don't wash the product off correctly. If I wash in the shower, I don't have this problem since It washes off pretty well. The beads aren't rough at all, you can get away with using it daily. The only real con is II don't like how it doesn't lather up enough though... Maybe it's just me? I'd prefer it to foam up a little, It sorta lathers up a little but its just mostly creamy. But it is a scrub so I GUESS i can't complain. I actually mix some baking soda into this and it has worked pretty darn good for my acne! It actually hasn't dried my skin out, just wash the mixture COMPELTLY out. Overall, if you want a cleanser for acne try it! If your scared that it's break you out, I'd say to just try it anyways! I've had my friends try it, worked for some and for a few it didn't work. It didnt make them break out or anything, it just didnt zap all there zits but they use it just to clean. I'd actually say this is one of the best scrubs I've tried, my skin doesn't purge on the break outs, no a miracle but one of the good ones you can buy! I'd say just take the chance and TRY IT!!!

Not bad! Definitely a good scrub. I have combo/ acne prone skin. One of its best features is how it feels on your face! it's very cooling and reduces redness, which is rare for a scrub. And it doesn't leave your skin dry and tight! As for the acne-clearing part; it's not exactly this scrub's strongest feature. Some breakouts have been cleared, but new ones pop up right behind them. As a teen I have had to accept that acne is a pretty stubborn aspect of my life right now, and until I get a bit older, the majority of it isn't going anywhere. But all you girls with red or uneven skin lacking in the pimple department, don't count this product out!