Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 10/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is far too harsh. Any short-term benefits like smoother skin and less shine in the minutes after washing are only temporary solutions to troubled skin. Scrubs are not for regular use on healthy skin. They are damaging, creating micro-tears in the epidermis which will dry out the face and make it rougher and less-even with continued abuse. Oil-free cleansers strip skin of oil and moisture, causing overproduction as soon as the sebaceous glands recover from the shock.

If marketed as a targeted scrub for winter-dry areas of the skin to be followed by a heavy moisturizer and occlusive, or as a body acne scrub 2-3x a week, I might recommend it. But then the value of the product decreases, as much cheaper products can provide the same services.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the bad luck of being acne-prone but allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which many acne scrubs have. I decided to try this because it was benzoyl peroxide free (salicylic acid is the main acne fighter in this) and easy on my wallet.

This is my go-to facial scrub. My face feels so clean after I use it and I feel like it definitely helps keep my acne under control. It doesn't make me break out either. Please note that it does have a bit of a medicinal smell from the salicylic acid.

It also takes away any extra makeup that might be left on my face that I missed with a makeup wipe. Plus, my face isn't allergic to it!

LOVE this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought this was working, but then my forehead looked like it was starting to break out so i stopped. Few days later i decided "hmmm my skin started to look better after using this, it probably wasn't breaking me out" Used it for 3 days in a row again and broke out on one side of my cheek with irritated acne. The "tingly" clean feeling is NOT good for your skin, it means your skin is irritated. I thought it was working because it gave my skin a "deep clean" feeling, but it got oily in less than an hour and it also felt like there was a residue left on my skin. I'm throwing this out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I normally gravitate away from Acne products for my hormonal acne and most of products seem to make it worse, but this scrub is without a doubt better than any other drugstore acne control product. I mostly suffer from chronic clogged pores and have been on every acne product known to man including presciptions (Retin-a, Tazorac, duac, Benzaclin, Azelaic acid). I found that as I get older my skin is on the drier side but more clog prone and foaming cleansers actually made me break out even more. since I started using this in rotation with Pan oxyl 4% creamy wash, all my pores have become unclogged including a crop that has been on my left cheek for 3 months. within a week I pretty much stopped breaking out (I had some purging which is good in my case). I use this twice a day and the pan oxyl once a day right after using this scrub (double Cleansing). i scrub this in and leave on for about 3 minutes while in the shower and the plugs start to literally pop out of my face. It makes extractions much easier. I think the Sa/Ga combo in this scrub is the reason it seems to work so well. It's not too harsh but just enough to unclog pores. follow this with gel moisturizer and then 3% Pan oxyl BP my skin is clear as a bell and getting very smooth. I'm very happy to have finally found a drugstore product that works much better than any high end product I have tried. I just bought 2 more of these, one to keep at my BF's and one as a backup. Overall best neutrogana product on the market.

on 2/18/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I have dry skin that occasionally breaks out and this literally takes care of it so well. Proactive is far too drying for my skin and with my rencent break out I ourchased this and it has cleared my skin in no time. This cleanser left my skin very soft and clear. I love the scent, not too strong and medicinal smelling. I literally look forward to washing my face at night!!

My skin randomly developed a bad reaction to face washes that lathered. I would get these weird little whiteheads on the surface of my skin when I would wake up in the morning. Ew. I didn't know it was because of lather until I tried this face wash. It has two different kinds of scrubbies in it and one is colored green. They don't burst or melt or anything which is kind of annoying. Regardless this cleans and exfoliates my skin perfectly without drying me out. It also has glycolic acid in it which helped lighten my acne marks. I'll continue to repurchase.

on 12/21/2013 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this scrub! I was suffering from really bad clogged pores and this has been the only thing that cleared out my pores, helped reduce pimples, and even out my skin texture. I even spent 140 dollars on a clarisonic which didn't work as well as this scrub. it took about a month for my skin to completely transform but I'm so glad I purchased and will definitely be buying again!

on 5/28/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to have this product several years ago but I ran out and my skin was clear so I didn't repurchase. But after a change in my diet, I started breaking out again. I looked through reviews of different products because I thought that I might as well try something new. But this was rated pretty well & it worked great before so I figured that I might as well repurchase.

Well, I still really like this! It minimized and then eliminated my tiny breakouts in about 2-3 days and after about a week of daily use (evening only), it dried up the big zit that that had been on my face for over a month. I didn't use any other acne treatments, just this scrub.

I'm very happy. And while it won't be my daily cleanser (my skin is usually clear), I will reach for this when I feel a breakout starting to creep up on me

on 11/28/2012 11:51:00 AM

I LOVE this product! I use it every night after removing my makeup with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I don't think it's bad that I use it every night because the beads in the scrub are not harsh at all! I really feel it helps get any extra makeup off of my face. I have very acne prone skin and this scrub has helped my acne SOOO much! I couldn't be more pleased:)

**I do not use this in the morning I use the cleanser from the same line**

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Now I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and just like it. It's very gentle, leaves my skin fresh and smooth, without drying out or breaking out it. My complexion reacts with some scrubs, but not at all with this. I can tell it helps remove pimples and blackheads. Smells very good, fresh and I'm satisfied with the ingredients, too. Totally recommend.