Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

prior to this product, i was using Lush's dark angel which caused me to have constant pimple (just break out, just one pimple at a time). its pretty annoying considering that i never used to have pimples all the time and this expensive lush scrub was supposed to soak up all the oiliness! anyways i picked this up after giving up on dark angel at the supermarktet for about $13 NZD which is not too bad for a face scrub. the scrub itself is of a minty green colour and is quite creamy.it has a cucumber scent that is not unpleasant. the scrub doesnt sud up (because its creamy) and the scrubby bits in it are pretty gentle. now i do like my scrubs a bit abbrasive so many there could be more scrubby bits in there but the good thing is ever since using this scrub at night i havent gotten many pimples at all, not even at that time of the month.This product is also gonna be pretty long lasting as after 2 month or so of daily usage i still have like 80%of the product and i usually use quite a bit of product while cleansing.

on 7/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

this didn't do any effects on my skin, i seriously wasted my money on this product, i've used this product for a long time, it didn't help remove or prevent my acne. it did nothing at all

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike other scrubs I've used, this one leaves my skin really soft and silky. The grains are pretty good size too, not too fine or too harsh. I'm unsure whether or not if it helps clear my face, but I just love the after soothing result.

on 7/21/2010 6:10:00 PM

i like this scrub, for one because it smells nice, but it only works on mild acne. i personally like the pink grapefruit foaming scrub better than this one and they work the same

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to review this scrub after I finished the whole tube. I have tried many drugstore scrubs from St. Ives, Olay, L'Oreal, Clean and Clear, etc. I found this scrub to have the most effect on my skin.
Background on my skin-combination (oily Tzone) with whiteheads/blackheads clogged pores on Tzone. I don't have cystic acne so I can't tell what this scrub would do.
I use scrubs to help keep my skin from clogging and this product has done a decent job. It smells good also. It has shrunken my pores. I like it and probably will definitely repurchase. It didn't do much as far as getting rid of my blackheads/whiteheads, those I have to manually remove.

****People with blackheads/whiteheads, if you want to have clear skin, I found that the fastest and most effective way is manually extracting it. I use to have seriously a forehead COVERED in blackheads, and after persistently extracting for months, I am very close to having clear skin.

i recommend for anyone. i use this once a week at most (not anymore because im sensitive to salicylic acid) and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and smooth, and also hydrated, its not drying or irratating or harsh. the cucumber scent is great too. doesnt really do anything for acne though.

on 10/28/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this product works well on my skin. I've been using it for the past two years and it helped tame my nasty, oily face... until now. Every time I would have a break-out, and I would use this, I would have great results in 1-2 days. But after about a week ago, I had a bad breakout... it didn't work it's magic like it used to. Maybe my skin got too used to this product? Maybe I just picked a tube from a really bad batch of facial cleansers... whatever it is, I will try for a little while longer, and if it's still not working the way it used to, I guess i'll have to try another cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin is very clear after using this. beforehand i only used a regular face wash without any active ingredients and had tiny little bumps all over my forehead. After picking this up with salicylic acid, i was a happy gal. After 1 1/2 months of using, all my little bumps are long gone and I have picked up another bottle and their 3-1 hydrating lotion with salicylic acid. It was BOGO 50% off at rite aid. (both were $7.99 each)

on 1/31/2009 12:10:00 AM

i've been using this product for a good 2-3 months, every night, and i have to say i really love it. before i started using this, my skin was quite acne prone, especially my forehead, which was blotched with blemishes. now, my skin has really cleared up and my forehead has no acne at all. i do still get the occasional break out (for hormonal reasons), but they definitely arent as bad as before. this product also has a great scent and it really helps to make me up if im really tired. it also helps to get rid of my dry skin and i honestly couldnt be happier with how my skin is now thanks to this.

I used this with the Acne Stress Control cream wash and felt that this was an average scrub. I actually found that the cream wash cleared my face up, where the scrub only did what any other regular scrub would do (exfoliate.)
While this scub did not cause any breakouts, I don't believe it prevented any either. I would have liked the beads in the scrub to be a little bit bigger though. Smell is not strong, does not aggrevate acne either. Packaging is hygenic as well.
I rate this product as 'okay', but use the Acne Stress cream wash and 3 in 1 treatment daily. (The scrub about once a week.)