Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product DOES NOT prevent pimples from coming. The only awesome thing it does is minimize pimples when they are growing. I wouldn't repurchase this though :/

on 11/19/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. A friend of mine who also has acne recommended this to me. I decided to try it out, and I ended up spending $9.00 CAD for the tube. I was beyond excited, but in the end I am super disappointed. First off, the feel of this scrub is really nice. It's super creamy, and the little beads gently exfoliate the skin. It leaves my skin feeling clean, and pretty soft. The smell is a bit odd for me, I find it to be quite unpleasant for some reason, it smells like the inside of a hospital to me. This scrub honestly destroyed my skin though! For the first few weeks of using it I thought I liked it, but after that I started to realize that my acne kept getting worse and my face was getting all oily and gross! I kept using it though, trying to give it another chance to redeem itself, but things have gotten horrible. My skin has reacted terribly with this scrub. My face is now all red, swollen, and itchy because of it. This has never happened to me before while using a product, and it's painful! I'm honestly so sad that this didn't work for me like it did for so many other people. :(

on 9/23/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am not sure how great it works as a scrub because there are only few little beads in it (I wish there were more beads) so it is not a good exfoliator. However I love the fact that it contains glycolic acid! I think this is a great cleanser for oily, acne-prone skin type. Could be little bit harsh for dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I normally gravitate away from Acne products for my hormonal acne and most of products seem to make it worse, but this scrub is without a doubt better than any other drugstore acne control product. I mostly suffer from chronic clogged pores and have been on every acne product known to man including presciptions (Retin-a, Tazorac, duac, Benzaclin, Azelaic acid). I found that as I get older my skin is on the drier side but more clog prone and foaming cleansers actually made me break out even more. since I started using this in rotation with Pan oxyl 4% creamy wash, all my pores have become unclogged including a crop that has been on my left cheek for 3 months. within a week I pretty much stopped breaking out (I had some purging which is good in my case). I use this twice a day and the pan oxyl once a day right after using this scrub (double Cleansing). i scrub this in and leave on for about 3 minutes while in the shower and the plugs start to literally pop out of my face. It makes extractions much easier. I think the Sa/Ga combo in this scrub is the reason it seems to work so well. It's not too harsh but just enough to unclog pores. follow this with gel moisturizer and then 3% Pan oxyl BP my skin is clear as a bell and getting very smooth. I'm very happy to have finally found a drugstore product that works much better than any high end product I have tried. I just bought 2 more of these, one to keep at my BF's and one as a backup. Overall best neutrogana product on the market.

on 2/18/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I have dry skin that occasionally breaks out and this literally takes care of it so well. Proactive is far too drying for my skin and with my rencent break out I ourchased this and it has cleared my skin in no time. This cleanser left my skin very soft and clear. I love the scent, not too strong and medicinal smelling. I literally look forward to washing my face at night!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS:
Really helped clear up acne
Didn't dry out my skin (i always moisturize after using it, though)
Gentle, didn't irritate my skin, not too trough or grainy
Noticeably reduced the stubborn blackheads on my nose
My skin feels very soft after use

CONS:
None specifically that i can think of, although for me personally i haven't noticed that it has reduced the redness in my skin to any great degree.

I feel that this product along with the power cream wash has made a great difference to my skin, in the past month i have broken out worse than ever before, i'm not sure what caused it, it was really awful. As soon as i started using this and the wash i really saw the difference in my skin, the pimples were clearing up much faster than if i hadn't used it. I now have no serious breaks outs left and i can see a huge difference on my nose where i usually have really bad and stubborn blackheads. Nothing has cleared them up before except these products, so impressed. I'm going to continue to use them!!!!

on 10/14/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've bought this over and over again since May of 2011. It has definitely helped clear up my acne on my face and my shoulders! I had tried so many products, and this (in conjunction with the toner from the same line) was what finally helped me tame my moderate acne. Now I only get breakouts around my mouth and chin occasionally, which I believe is a hormonal issue I'm still trying to resolve. But seriously, I'm so glad this product exists. It changed my life basically!

Like every acne resolving product, it does not work for everyone. But this one has worked for me! I use it every time I shower.

The only cons to this product are that I run out of it pretty dang often, and I feel like your skin can build up a bit of a tolerance to it. Taking breaks might help.

on 5/28/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to have this product several years ago but I ran out and my skin was clear so I didn't repurchase. But after a change in my diet, I started breaking out again. I looked through reviews of different products because I thought that I might as well try something new. But this was rated pretty well & it worked great before so I figured that I might as well repurchase.

Well, I still really like this! It minimized and then eliminated my tiny breakouts in about 2-3 days and after about a week of daily use (evening only), it dried up the big zit that that had been on my face for over a month. I didn't use any other acne treatments, just this scrub.

I'm very happy. And while it won't be my daily cleanser (my skin is usually clear), I will reach for this when I feel a breakout starting to creep up on me

on 11/28/2011 1:44:00 PM

In order to get a good scrub from this product, it is necessary to:

1) use a lot
2) use it twice a day and not to mix with other scrubs/cleansers

It is also definitely necessary to use toner afterwards. Even after using it, morning or night, I always found leftover residue aka dirt on my toner pad :blegh:. And as you're using a lot, you'll find that you'll run through this product very quickly. While I never felt like I got a good scrub out of this, the one pro is that it doesn't dry out your face, leaving you with that skin tight feeling that has you running to get some lotion for relief.

I decided to give this a try for a few months to allow my face to get used to the product, and while it eventually somewhat did, the initial use was not good. I realized that it wasn't cleaning my pores very well, resulting in ugly cystic acne that was appearing in areas of my face that were usually zit-free. I thought it was just stress but I found that after switching to a different cleanser my face hasn't had the same reaction and my face is better off without this.

Sadly, I don't recommend this product. Again, the one single pro of not drying out your skin is great, but the cons of not really cleaning your pores? So not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

prior to this product, i was using Lush's dark angel which caused me to have constant pimple (just break out, just one pimple at a time). its pretty annoying considering that i never used to have pimples all the time and this expensive lush scrub was supposed to soak up all the oiliness! anyways i picked this up after giving up on dark angel at the supermarktet for about $13 NZD which is not too bad for a face scrub. the scrub itself is of a minty green colour and is quite creamy.it has a cucumber scent that is not unpleasant. the scrub doesnt sud up (because its creamy) and the scrubby bits in it are pretty gentle. now i do like my scrubs a bit abbrasive so many there could be more scrubby bits in there but the good thing is ever since using this scrub at night i havent gotten many pimples at all, not even at that time of the month.This product is also gonna be pretty long lasting as after 2 month or so of daily usage i still have like 80%of the product and i usually use quite a bit of product while cleansing.