Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I normally gravitate away from Acne products for my hormonal acne and most of products seem to make it worse, but this scrub is without a doubt better than any other drugstore acne control product. I mostly suffer from chronic clogged pores and have been on every acne product known to man including presciptions (Retin-a, Tazorac, duac, Benzaclin, Azelaic acid). I found that as I get older my skin is on the drier side but more clog prone and foaming cleansers actually made me break out even more. since I started using this in rotation with Pan oxyl 4% creamy wash, all my pores have become unclogged including a crop that has been on my left cheek for 3 months. within a week I pretty much stopped breaking out (I had some purging which is good in my case). I use this twice a day and the pan oxyl once a day right after using this scrub (double Cleansing). i scrub this in and leave on for about 3 minutes while in the shower and the plugs start to literally pop out of my face. It makes extractions much easier. I think the Sa/Ga combo in this scrub is the reason it seems to work so well. It's not too harsh but just enough to unclog pores. follow this with gel moisturizer and then 3% Pan oxyl BP my skin is clear as a bell and getting very smooth. I'm very happy to have finally found a drugstore product that works much better than any high end product I have tried. I just bought 2 more of these, one to keep at my BF's and one as a backup. Overall best neutrogana product on the market.

on 10/14/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've bought this over and over again since May of 2011. It has definitely helped clear up my acne on my face and my shoulders! I had tried so many products, and this (in conjunction with the toner from the same line) was what finally helped me tame my moderate acne. Now I only get breakouts around my mouth and chin occasionally, which I believe is a hormonal issue I'm still trying to resolve. But seriously, I'm so glad this product exists. It changed my life basically!

Like every acne resolving product, it does not work for everyone. But this one has worked for me! I use it every time I shower.

The only cons to this product are that I run out of it pretty dang often, and I feel like your skin can build up a bit of a tolerance to it. Taking breaks might help.

on 7/25/2011 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Dear MUA, I'm once again writing you a love letter, in review form, about how much I love you! I started looking up salicylic acid products after a nice MUAer helped me with finding some products my oily clog prone skin would get along with. She explained how salicylic acid works and so I thought I'd check it out again. I'd been avoiding salicylic acid for years as for some reason I got it into my head that my skin didn't like it. How could I have been so wrong (?!) especially being an MUAer for eight years and seeing salicylic acid mentioned all over the boards?! Anyway after reading reviews I picked up a tube of this facewash and have been using it nightly as a wash/scrub and as a mask for a week. My skin has been more clear looking, less clogged, plugs coming out easier without much pushing with extractor,and blemishes healing up faster and redness from acne spots/blemishes disappearing overnight. I'm so happy! Not to mention this stuff is under $8! The only drawbacks is that 1.) the scrub particles are too harsh so I have to use this more as a mask and/or lightly swish it around on my face to clean and remove. and 2.) it's drying due to the sa and AHA in it 3.) it's got a noticeable fragrance. Still though the fact that my skin is becoming more manageable is great! Thank you MUA! You've helped me yet again! Giving this a 4 due to the scrub particles and fragrance.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really like this. This is one of the only things that actually works on clearing my skin! It doesn't dehydrate my skin like other scrubs, and its very smooth! I tried the grapefruit scrub from Neutrogena, but that actually made my skin worse...
I really love this ^^

on 5/27/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS FACIAL SCRUB ITS AMAZING!i love the cool feeling it gives you when your applying and after u wash it(:

on 5/13/2010 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I like this scrub better than the other Neutrogena scrub I had used for a while. It tingles nice from the salicylic acid, doesn't dry the face and smells/feels i dunno .. fresh.

UPDATE: i'm pretty sure this is the culprit that has clogged up my face again ... shame, cause I like the tingling feeling and the scrubbies are nice and soft, non-abrasive. If you're not prone to clogged pores and can usually tolerate creamy textures, give 'er a try.

on 6/29/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So so so so disappointed. I read all the reviews on here and thought this product would be perfect for my combo/oily/sensitive skin. At first I thought my breakouts were hormonal because they were on my chin area and it was close to time of the month, but after a month of using this my cysts got worse and worse. :( Too bad!

on 5/31/2009 10:22:00 AM

Love this stuff. I use it at night while I'm in the shower and leave it on for a few minutes to allow it to penetrate.

It leaves my skin feeling extremely soft, and really gets all the oil and makeup out of my pores. Has never over dried my skin sensitive and dry skin, or broken it out.

I'm constantly stocking up when I seem them on sale! My HG acne scrub!

on 3/16/2009 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After switching from the nightmare that was Philosophy's Purity, I bought this cleanser from Neutrogena on a whim, desperate for something that would clear up my pimples. Within 2 weeks, all those little bumps along my jawline had fully disappeared. Besides one slowly healing pimple (had this already before using this scrub), I'm clear all over. I'm sad that I won't be able to use this once I start my Retin-A Micro treatment, because the two products together may be too harsh on the skin. I'll still use it once or twice a week, depending on how my skin reacts to the new treatment, because it has done wonders for me. It doesn't completely remove makeup, so I follow up with a toner. It's gentle for everyday use but if you're using other acne products, like Pro activ, it could dry out your skin so remember your moisturizer! I've actually stopped using Pro activ altogether because this scrub works for me on its own. Will definitely repurchase. Thank you Neutrogena<3.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

HG. It took about a week for me to start seeing noticable changes, but they've lasted for the last three months which is really rare. Usually something I use to treat my acne dries my face out horribly for a week, then works for a month, afterwhich it's useless. I love this stuff. I still breakout during my menstrual cycle, but no other time of the month. It doesn't dry my sensitive skin, and it feels FANTASTIC. There's menthol in it, and it feels refreshing and tingly - I know it's a head game, but it's still a nice feeling! The only issue I have is that it comes in a package identical in size to the biore warming anti black head scrub(which is also pretty good), but with the biore you get 175ml, whereas the neutrogena gives you 175ml for a greater cost. I think I paid around $8 for it at walmart. It doesn't have any harsh sent to irritate my skin and it works great for me. Thumbs up!